2014 Grand Prix de Monaco

Indeed. 20x Ericsson is basically what you get in GP2 these days and that is a terrible idea around Monaco, as evidenced yesterday.

I've never liked the penalty idea for blocking. Granted the blocker gets a 5 place drop but that doesn't fix the fact that the blocked person was impeded. I think if found guilty they should swap their places. Shake up the grid a bit and maybe you'll find someone up the grid and a big team near the back. They'll soon stop blocking.

So... Rosberg does a Schumacher? :D Don't really think it was intentional... but still... sad for a quali battle to end on that!

EDIT: Tree'd... but I call dibs!

Question is, why did the yellow need to stay out when he was in the run off?

I don't know why but I just see neither of them yeilding into T1 and them colliding tomorrow....

Lewis is certainly not happy.

Had to pick my heart up from my feet.

I don't think that was intentional, he was pushing really hard in the first sector and it didn't look like an intentional lock up. He really did lose it.

To be honest them falling out with each other is only a good thing for us, the viewers. But yeah, only as long as they keep it clean and I'm not sure they will, I think sooner rather than later they're going to collide on track.

Question is, why did the yellow need to stay out when he was in the run off?
If someone comes steaming down into that corner and messes it up, there would be no run off for them to drive into. They can't have cars ploughing into each other.

If someone comes steaming down into that corner and messes it up, there would be no run off for them to drive into. They can't have cars ploughing into each other.

Doesn't that run off curve round to the left though, out of direct firing line? I'm not sure.

He did, and he was about to put a better one. It's just a shame we'll never know what Hamilton could've done.

Can't be sure he would have improved though. Rosberg was already over a tenth down on his previous fast lap by the time he pulled off the track.

That could be THE incident that Prost saw coming between Hamilton and Rosberg that would break the trust between them, as it did between him and Senna (a non-agression pact that Senna broke at Imola '89). Hamilton seems cold towards Rosberg after Q.

Maybe deliberate maybe incompetence. Either is possible for journeyman Rosberg.

Either way there's no excuse for putting the yellow flag out.

Doesn't that run off curve round to the left though, out of direct firing line? I'm not sure.
It does, but the point is, if someone does the same thing as Rosberg, there will be nowhere for them to go, they'll hit the Mercedes and any marshalls that are down there.

Gutted about missing the final fight but I don't think Nico did it on purpose.

What is with the debate about the yellow? When a car goes off a yellow comes out. It comes out literally every time it happens.

Back