2014 GTP 24 HEURES DE SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS [3-12 OCT]

• Thread starter AJ
  • 202 comments
EVENT UPDATE - 18 SEP

1 - Update on Event Schedule

We are getting nearer to confirming the date of the event. It is now looking more likely it will remain as originally announced (11-12 October).

2 - Update on NERDS

Following the London 12 Hour, revisions have been made to the systems, based upon my own experience and your feedback.

NERDS beta2 Update Log

- Significant amount of rewritten code.
- Direct PDF downloads.
- Leader Sequence feature added.
- Time Deltas to; Overall Leader, Class Leader, Next Car.
- Refined look and feel.
- Improved automation.
- Streamlined data input process.
- Redesigned broadcast graphics
- Increased number of elements.

3 - Update on BoP

Technical Regulations for GT Cup have been updated;

- Subaru and Lexus GT300 cars removed.
- Toyota GT86 TC added.
- Minor adjustments to Lotus and Renault.

4 - Update on Entry List

GT3 is now full, with 6 very strong teams representing all 4 brands.

GT Cup is still open to new entries, and currently alien free.

Team ORR, could we possible ask you to swap numbers as we can't use our trademarked #4 (as its part of our name) and you guys have #44, we're number #45 at the moment

Reactions: AJ
Team ORR, could we possible ask you to swap numbers as we can't use our trademarked #4 (as its part of our name) and you guys have #44, we're number #45 at the moment

As far as I'm aware the numbers are actually being assigned and not chosen.
Just so you know - it would be fine by us if you had #44 because #20 would be the Team ORR choice anyway, but I'd ask AJ if you want to change your number as it was his decision to implement the new numbering system and I'm sure he has good reason for it 👍

If it does get moved back, I have 3 other races that weekend, so that would be interesting:lol:
mini stig.jpg

:lol:

i may sound like an idiot but i'm a bit unsure about this works after reading all the 10 pages... (might just be me tired lol)

i think i understood that:

we race in a practice lobby
times and positions are "proved" by sending pictures of your car everytime one pits ( i presume they should be posted here)
in case of network team a driver drives to pit waits the substitute to enter and quits the room

all the other part of the organization is up to the team itself.

what happens if a driver misses his turn due to internet problems or such? or in case of danger due to in race lag?

btw this way of organizing 24h endurance races is amazing i was thinking about something like this but didn't know it already existed :D What day/days is usually scheduled?

we race in a practice lobby
👍
times and positions are "proved" by sending pictures of your car everytime one pits ( i presume they should be posted here)
👍
These are posted in Team specific private threads, immediately after that driver has handed the car over to the next driver.

in case of network team a driver drives to pit waits the substitute to enter and quits the room
The lobby has 16 spaces, up to 4 for staff, and up to 12 for drivers. Therefore Driver 1 must leave the track and the lobby, before Driver 2 can enter.
When conducting a driver change, Local Teams must leave the track (to reset the lap count for the next driver) but do not have to leave the lobby as well.

all the other part of the organization is up to the team itself.
Teams should appoint a Team Manager,(TM) to act as the Teams'' representative in meetings and the Event Officials' first point of call.

what happens if a driver misses his turn due to internet problems or such?
If a driver suffers a disconnection (DC) whilst racing we have a detailed procedure for compensating laps.
If a driver is late or completely misses his stint, that is his, or more specifically his TM's problem. However, the Race Director will alert the respective TM if there is believed to be an issue.
At Brands last weekend we had a driver experiencing connection issues and another driver took over his stint.

or in case of danger due to in race lag?
They will be asked to leave the lobby to attempt to improve the situation, clear caches, reset routers, etc.

What day/days is usually scheduled?
This event's date is currently pending conformation.
The original date was 11-12 October, and the closer we get to that date the less likely it is to change.

Last edited:
EVENT UPDATE - 21 SEP

Sporting Regulations Update

A number of changes, but mostly housekeeping;

2.5 - TRACK LIMITS

Moved over from Sup Regs.

3.4 - USE OF ENGINES AND TYRES
Moving to Race Mediums was a half step, Race Hards are now the only permitted dry weather tyres.

6.1 - INSTRUCTIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS TO COMPETITORS
6.4 - BLUE FLAGS
Also moved over from Sup Regs.

7.3 - DRIVING TIME
A limit of 60 minutes between pit stops has been introduced. This is in order to help balance cars that have very low fuel consumption.

Provisions have been made for scenarios where drivers may exceed driving limits through no fault of their own, or in the case of force majeure.

8.3 - STOPPING OR SUSPENSION OF THE RACE
8.4 - CREATION OF A NEW LOBBY DUE TO NETWORK DISCONNECTION
Clarification has been issued regarding if and when driver changes may occur in these scenarios.

Am I right in thinking we now have a full grid of 12 teams now signed up?

Team Name -Misfits Motorsports
Team Nationality -USA
Team Manager -@Fallen_log
Team Type -network

Driver 1 - USA, @Fallen_log & Fallen_log
Driver 2 - Scotland, @Glenalz81 & GTP_Glen
Driver 3 - USA, @dangerzone641 & GTPdangerzone641
Driver 4 - OPEN

1st preference Class - GT CUP

1st preference GT Cup Car - Toyota 86 TC
Version/Colour/Number - GAZOO Racing Toyota #166

2nd preference GT Cup Car - Renault Mengane Sport Trophy
Version/Colour/Number - Black/White #71

Last edited:
Right I'm short 2 drivers, so far. Hoping a few will come in soon, if not is there anyone looking for a team to drive with?

I see what you have done lol

Point is that i'm unsure at the moment what times i could drive, ad signing up saying i'll drive when i can is unprofessional lol

Another question how is the no sound bug addressed? Driving for hours with no sound would be impossible?

it's only affecting some players not all, I was on for hours the past few nights and everything was fine.

Back