2014 GTP 24 HEURES DE SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS [3-12 OCT]

• Thread starter AJ
  • 202 comments
in a few days i'll announce if i may able to participate or not :)

in any case when is race starting on the 11th on GMT and when would it end on the 12th?

EVENT UPDATE - 25 SEP

1 - BOP

The GT3 Teams and Drivers have been working together to improve the BoP of the 4 cars, and to pace the cars at a realistic lap time.
Once this has been completed, attention will turn to GT Cup, where there is also room for improvement in the BoP, and the class will be paced at roughly 10s per lap slower than GT3.

2 - ENTRY STATUS

There are still 5 places on the grid of GT Cup teams, however we have 3 teams with near finalised entries.

3 - SOUND ISSUE

PD are aware of the issue, and believe it to be related to the introduction of additional gauges.
A fix is expected before race day, but in the mean time please disable your additional gauges.

AOB

in a few days i'll announce if i may able to participate or not :)

in any case when is race starting on the 11th on GMT and when would it end on the 12th?

Please check the Event Schedule under the Event Program button in the OP.

I heard that if the host is not on track, there are no sound issues. No idea if it's tire or not, but it's worth testing in case the sound issues continue.

Please complete the following form, and send to @@AJ by clicking HERE

Team Name -The Squatters
Team Nationality -USA
Team Manager -sprintr64
Team Type - network

Driver 1 - (USA, Matt Sierras & Hydromatos22)
Driver 2 - (USA, dgriffin28 & driffin28)
Driver 3 - (GB, GTP username & A-K-AJay7)
Driver 4 - (USA, GTP username & ratm485)

1st preference Class - (GT Cup)

1st preference GT3 Car -
Version/Colour/Number -

2nd preference G3 Car -
Version/Colour/Number -

1st preference GT Cup Car -unk
Version/Colour/Number -Grey&Red/ #6

2nd preference GT Cup Car -unk
Version/Colour/Number -Grey&Red/ #6

Last edited:
Okay AJ, finally the right thread LOL :bowdown: Time for a repeat, Tyson we should drive the Volkswagen and Toyota GT 86 car this weekend?

Okay AJ, finally the right thread LOL :bowdown: Time for a repeat, Tyson we should drive the Volkswagen and Toyota GT 86 car this weekend?
Toyota? Weren't you supposed to drive with Lotus? Is because the Toyota GT86 was choosen for London 12. In this case, actually, our team will drive in Lotus.

Toyota? Weren't you supposed to drive with Lotus? Is because the Toyota GT86 was choosen for London 12. In this case, actually, our team will drive in Lotus.
We were supposed to drive them all just so we know what the competition was dealing with reg's wise. But Tyson my teammate TNT – 2000 can drive the MR cars. To be honest I barely can too I just do enough laps to were I drive them well enough. Plus I thought the The Lotus 111R was part of the GT5 cars and The other cars are part of the GT3 machines. When I do endurance races I prefer to use the higher horsepower cars. I rather the timing of a race when the positions are based off of my chassis then be in the slower cars that are getting lapped. Anyways I've been out of town for the last 2 weeks, so this is the first weekend I'm actually going to get a chance to look at the actual OP. To be honest I don't understand why we're just not running the GT3 & prototype cars like to 24 hours on LeMans, or at least all the GT3 cars PRO & AM like the blancpain endurance series that drives the 24 hours of spa like in real life?

We were supposed to drive them all just so we know what the competition was dealing with reg's wise. But Tyson my teammate TNT – 2000 can drive the MR cars. To be honest I barely can too I just do enough laps to were I drive them well enough. Plus I thought the The Lotus 111R was part of the GT5 cars and The other cars are part of the GT3 machines. When I do endurance races I prefer to use the higher horsepower cars. I rather the timing of a race when the positions are based off of my chassis then be in the slower cars that are getting lapped. Anyways I've been out of town for the last 2 weeks, so this is the first weekend I'm actually going to get a chance to look at the actual OP. To be honest I don't understand why we're just not running the GT3 & prototype cars like to 24 hours on LeMans, or at least all the GT3 cars PRO & AM like the blancpain endurance series that drives the 24 hours of spa like in real life?
Well, the most powerfull car in GTCup is the Scirocco. (400 HP)

Well, the most powerfull car in GTCup is the Scirocco. (400 HP)
Seems I am going to want to take that one! Anyways doing all my threading via Gmail account. Does anyone know the date of 24H race? I'm getting so swamped at the office and at home & school that I have still have not been over to the tread using a computer. If the race is this weekend I may need to pull out!,.

Seems I am going to want to take that one! Anyways doing all my threading via Gmail account. Does anyone know the date of 24H race? I'm getting so swamped at the office and at home & school that I have still have not been over to the tread using a computer. If the race is this weekend I may need to pull out!,.
Qualifying is this weekend, race is next 👍

Joe, the race is in October 11th. I recommend you and your teamate to be at 11:00 GMT so you can get some practise. The Spa Event Scheudle Program is in OP.

Joe, the race is in October 11th. I recommend you and your teamate to be at 11:00 GMT so you can get some practise. The Spa Event Scheudle Program is in OP.
I appreciate you guys allow me to be on your team, but to be honest I have so much personal stuff on Calendar at the moment I may not be able to get practicing for this race. Even more so because FIAGTWC our season finale is next Sunday, and it's a two hour enduro around the Nurburgring at that with 2 tire compounds which means a ton of simulations with setup,. :banghead:

I appreciate you guys allow me to be on your team, but to be honest I have so much personal stuff on Calendar at the moment I may not be able to get practicing for this race. Even more so because FIAGTWC our season finale is next Sunday, and it's a two hour enduro around the Nurburgring at that with 2 tire compounds which means a ton of simulations with setup,. :banghead:
You welcome... So you won't be able to do the race?

Event Update - 3 OCT

1 - Technical Regulations for GT3 updated

Following input from teams and drivers, BoP has been amended.

2 - Technical Regulations for GT Cup updated

3 - Event Program published

includes;

Event Schedule
Event Officials
Circuit Map
Driver Rankings
Entry List

4 - Driver Ratings

A previously unannounced feature of NERDS beta2 is Driver Rankings. These provide a guide for driver ability and a measure for team strength.

To keep things civil straightforward, participation and performance in these endurance races ONLY, is taken into account when awarding a rating. There is no set formula at the moment, ratings are decided on a individual basis.

Don't worry too much about them at the moment, I am sure they will look quite different after Spa. They are there now really as a test and to give you an idea of whats to come in future betas and v1.0.

5 - GT Cup entry still open

We still have a couple of spaces open for GT Cup entries, however both GT86s have now been taken.

If you are interested in taking part as either a team or you are a solo driver looking to join a team, there is still time, but contact me ASAP.

6 - Attention all budding commentators

Last month's London 12 Hour (Brand Hatch), was our first attempt at putting everything together, broadcasting live with commentary throughout from; myself, @@Wardez, and @@Jordan. Whilst we had a great time, we agreed, and the feedback was, that we need more voices.

We already have a handful of vocalists signed up, but as we have over 25 hours air time, we cannot have enough. If you have a face voice for radio and would like to join us in the virtual comms box, get in touch.

7 - Qualifying Practice Sessions

Qualifying Practice 1 is just under 50 minutes away, it will be full darkness over in eastern Belgium, so anyone completing 5 or more laps the evening will be qualified to to take to the track at night during the race.

Good luck & enjoy.

AJ
Event Update - 3 OCT

1 - Technical Regulations for GT3 updated

2 - Technical Regulations for GT Cup updated

3 - Event Program published

includes;

Event Schedule
Event Officials
Circuit Map
Driver Rankings
Entry List

4 - Driver Ratings

A previously unannounced feature of NERDS beta2 is Driver Rankings. These provide a guide for driver ability and a measure for team strength.

To keep things civil straightforward, participation and performance in these endurance races ONLY, is taken into account when awarding a rating. There is no set formula at the moment, ratings are decided on a individual basis.

Don't worry too much about them at the moment, I am sure they will look quite different after Spa. They are there now really as a test and to give you an idea of whats to come in future betas and v1.0.

5 - GT Cup entry still open

We still have a couple of spaces open for GT Cup entries, however both GT86s have now been taken.

If you are interested in taking part as either a team or you are a solo driver looking to join a team, there is still time, but contact me ASAP.

6 - Attention all budding commentators

Last month's London 12 Hour (Brand Hatch), was our first attempt at putting everything together, broadcasting live with commentary throughout from; myself, @@Wardez, and @@Jordan. Whilst we had a great time, we agreed, and the feedback was, that we need more voices.

We already have a handful of vocalists signed up, but as we have over 25 hours air time, we cannot have enough. If you have a face voice for radio and would like to join us in the virtual comms box, get in touch.

7 - Qualifying Practice Sessions

Qualifying Practice 1 is just under 50 minutes away, it will be full darkness over in eastern Belgium, so anyone completing 5 or more laps the evening will be qualified to to take to the track at night during the race.

Good luck & enjoy.
AJ, I'll send you a PM.

You welcome... So you won't be able to do the race?
Not seeming so, but between my FIA GTWC series and this endurance WEC type Series are pretty much the only two series I'm going to be racing via GTP. Maybe I'll catch a super GT spot race or unless you guys race super GT in 1 of your endurance races I'm pretty muchh a lifer :bowdown: with you guys! 👍

I'm hoping next year we can run our endurance races at or around the same time as the real racing endurance rounds, as always I think that would be fabulous! :)

For a supposedly major event the thread isn't very active, surprised.

Back