2014 GTP 24 HEURES DU MANS [13:00 UTC 12 JULY]

• Thread starter AJ
  • 756 comments
Post Event Update #5

Revised DC Lap Compensation
For each period of unaccounted time, 1 Lap will be compensated for the first full 13.5 minutes, subsequently an additional lap will be added every 110% of that driver's fastest recorded lap time, up to a maximum of 60 minutes (75 minutes total), to the least number of full laps.

Penalties for cars conducting driver changes whilst not in the Pits

Cars stopped on track will be awarded the remained of their current lap. However a 13.5 minute penalty will be added to the next stint. No additional punitive penalty will be added for this event.

Post Event Update #6

We want to get this right, now, for the benefit of future events, so, 110% of that driver's fastest recorded lap time, is not going to work;

DC Lap Compensation (revision #3)

For each period of unaccounted time;

- 1 Lap will be compensated for the first full 13.5 minutes (time taken to complete a lap at 60kph)
- subsequently an additional lap will be added every 110% of that team's fastest recorded lap time set so far during the race, rounded to the number of complete laps.
- where a team has recorded a faster lap in Practice Qualifying, that may be used instead.
- compensation laps will be only be awarded for unaccounted time of up to 60 minutes (73.5 total).

Post Event Update #7

Complete Provisional Results Published

1 - Provisional Classification after 24 hours
2 - Provisional Classification after 24 hours by Driver
3 - Provisional Classification after 24 hours by Fastest Lap
4 - Provisional Classification after 24 hours by Driver Fastest Lap
5 - Provisional Classification after 24 hours by Team Stint Chart
6 - Fastest Lap Sequence
7 - Lap Compensation & Penalties
8 - Provisional Classification after 6 hours

Please look out for my event report, which will go up tomorrow evening.

@AJ I did a fast lap of 3:49 mate, did you not capture that data?

AJ
Did you do Stint 9 then?
Not sure as at work but stint 9 sounds too early, I did that lap maybe 13-15 hours in. I will consult Dave and see what we can work out.

Not sure as at work but stint 9 sounds too early, I did that lap maybe 13-15 hours in. I will consult Dave and see what we can work out.

If a team mate had set a faster time before you set yours, there is no way for me to get that data, sorry. :(

AJ
If a team mate had set a faster time before you set yours, there is no way for me to get that data, sorry. :(
That's all good, it's no biggie at all. Will take pics next time :)

EDIT: @AJ I've got some pics on my phone (taken as the one on tripod ran out of battery for a bit) and one of them has the lap I reckon, will go through them when I get home.

Last edited:
I feel cheated.

At least you got credited for your correct disconnect time now.

Still not sure about our penalty and how that cost us 4 laps on my stint, but i could probably figure it out if i ran the numbers. 13:30 = 3.5 laps basically and it got rounded up to 4? I suppose that may be where it came from

Last edited:
I'm going to say that despite the uncertainty with a few things, and a lot of you know I'm quite 'funny' about running races and transparency etc, I'm actually positive about this race and how it looks going forward.

Yes there were some last minute changes and some folk were unhappy about post race calculations, those things @AJ can work on next time.

What like about the whole thing is the positive side of it. We had MANY entrants in a 24hr race who haven't done one before because they couldn't be a local team, we had the new format of a 24hr done in practice mode which I think can definitely work and we had a VERY close race for the most part.

We all had a great time, @AJ learned a lot (as did we all) and we are all looking forward to the next one so, to be honest, I think all up it was a success!

The big picture looks amazing here folks, it looks like the making of a regular GTP 24hr race that doesn't require teams to be local meaning a good race to sit up there with the CORE 24hr race at Nurb as notable and very well run events.

Things really are looking very good for endurance racing at GTP 👍

Post Event Update #7

TRL's results have been amended this morning.

The issue concerned a poor quality picture, where the Total Time count was unclear, either 10m 20s or 19m 20s. The whole screen was not recorded, so Time of Day could not be consulted. Due to this an extra 10 minutes compensation time has been added, which increases TRL's total by 2 laps.

STINT 2 START DC.jpg

When you look at it on a smaller scale it becomes clearer;

STINT 2 START DC.jpg

I'll be upgrading to HD for the first time Friday. Maybe.

Anyone want to send a camera? :lol:

DUDE! that's a terrible pic. No wonder.

this one was taken off my wife's crappy smart phone when i had forgotten to grab a camera the first time i jumped on track :dunce:. and it is 100 times better than yours. How much coffee did you have? Good grief, my 5 year old could've taken a better pic :P.

Attachments

• Start of 1st Mic stint.jpg
    Start of 1st Mic stint.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 15
75,000,000 year old rock paintings have more clarity Derp! You can drive like a demon but you need to leave the photography up to others my friend :lol:

75,000,000 year old rock paintings have more clarity Derp! You can drive like a demon but you need to leave the photography up to others my friend :lol:
My phone and TV are old. I'm sorry. Plus I was in a rush/freaking out because of the DC. :P

OK guys, if anyone's interested, I have my post race report HERE. I would like to thank eveyone who was a part of this fantastic event, especially AJ. As a racing league organizer, I know how difficult doing events can be. My hat is off to you sir, this was one massive task. The Sunday Cup Lotus Club GT will be back, bring on the next event. :sly::)👍:gtpflag:

You do that, you lose all the respect I had for turtle racing
:P

sarcasm buddy, sarcasm. :cheers:

We have a lot of members who race under both banners and many who prefer S.N.A.I.L. of course as you guys are a lot more organized than we are.
Lots of respect goes out to all the S.N.A.I.L. members. It's one of the best if not THE best online league on GTP, so you should be very proud of what's been built over there. From what I understand, the basic premise of Turtle was borrowed heavily from what S.N.A.I.L. had created originally, so our roots go back to your league.

i was only having some fun with you. I'm an ass like that if knew me :mischievous:

Last edited:
:P

sarcasm buddy, sarcasm. :cheers:

We have a lot of members who race under both banners and many who prefer S.N.A.I.L. of course as you guys are a lot more organized than we are.
Lots of respect goes out to all the S.N.A.I.L. members. It's one of the best if not THE best online league on GTP, so you should be very proud of what's been built over there. From what I understand, the basic premise of Turtle was borrowed heavily from what S.N.A.I.L. had created originally, so our roots go back to your league.

i was only having some fun with you. I'm an ass like that if knew me :mischievous:
Lol I just don't want to start a league war again like last year. I have a lot of respect for you guys too, I'd definitely join turtle if I had the time

Back