2014 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

I wouldn't be surprised if Alonso did well this weekend.

I don't have Sky F1, and the highlights aren't being shown until 10 pm. I'll have to go all of Sunday without most of the Internet if I want to make this race less boring than it's already gonna be.
I feel your pain. Something or someone always manages to ruin it for me when I don't want to know the result. I could get the next shuttle into space and there'd probably be an alien outside the window holding a "Lewis won!" sign!

I see Bottas on the podium this weekend.
Assuming Massa lets him past :).

P1 - Rosberg
P2 - Alonso
P3 - Bottas
P4 - Raikkonen
P5 - Ricciardo
P6 - Vettel
P7 - Hulkenberg
P8 - Sutil
P9 - Grosjean
P10 - KOBAYASHI

He was to be fourth, but when Lewis came out of the pits for the last time he found himself in 3rd right behind Massa's Williams, still to pit (Rosberg was 1st, but still had to pit himself). Less then a lap later ... well, you know ... Alonso was 2nd.

He was to be fourth, but when Lewis came out of the pits for the last time he found himself in 3rd right behind Massa's Williams, still to pit (Rosberg was 1st, but still had to pit himself). Less then a lap later ... well, you know ... Alonso was 2nd.

Oh I had Uni then so missed the last bits of the race.

P1 - Rosberg
P2 - Alonso
P3 - Bottas
P4 - Raikkonen
P5 - Ricciardo
P6 - Vettel
P7 - Hulkenberg
P8 - Sutil
P9 - Grosjean
P10 - KOBAYASHI
I see Kobayashi getting a point at some point this year but I don't see it at Bahrain. Suzuka I feel will be his best shot.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see Williams in action on a bone dry track, they should be right up there and I can see one of them contending for a podium finish.

Can't wait to see Williams in action on a bone dry track, they should be right up there and I can see one of them contending for a podium finish.
The Mercedes engine using cars should own this race. 2 long straights and 2 medium length.

Vettle will be up for fighting for the win. But Hamilton will wrap this one.

There are so many good cars and drivers and no positions for them all. Williams can hit a podium, as well as Force India and McLaren can reach it again. Alonso isn't still up to his game but I'm confident for his podium as well. And I have Rosberg and Riccardo to place. This year is hard for predictions really.

The Mercedes engine using cars should own this race. 2 long straights and 2 medium length.
That, and a significantly larger amount of mileage done than the other teams and engines.

Well, at least we can be certain this time that qualifying will be dry. Now we can really see the relative pace over a single lap in the dry. And we will, thanks to the new rules giving them a fresh set of Options in Q3. Maybe someone other than Vettel can put themselves in front of the Mercedes cars.

How much of an effect will the fact that it's a night race in the desert have on the engines or the tyres? Once the sun sets the temperatures will fall pretty quickly. Maybe the teams will be a little more aggressive on the tyres. They might have to to keep them warm.

Last edited:
DK
I wouldn't be surprised if Alonso did well this weekend.

I'd like to think so but traditionally we don't see much shift in "base" form until the teams have been back to Europe... I think that apart from random reliability issues the race will be pretty similar to last week's in outcome.

Yeah, seems like their only hope is gonna be Monaco for a win.

Red Bull are genuinely afraid that Mercedes will streak away on faster circuits. They don't seem to be very confident about Bahrain or China.

For now, yeah. Mercedes have set the pace really high, but Red Bull is closing in that pace gap faster than I thought and many of us thought. Same for the Lotus (if they eventually finish). After a bumpy race Grosjean brought the car 13th.

It is yet the 3rd race of the season. Later on they'll be really big contenders.

Yeah, seems like their only hope is gonna be Monaco for a win.

Again, it is the beginnig of season. For now technical circuits are their only hope, but if we fast-foward a few tracks, Hungaroring and Spa (they're particularly good in Spa) which are fast, I'm pretty sure they will be up there fighting.

Nevertheless, I just find curious that last year year our predictions we're based on whether "It will hot in Barahein, Lotus will perform good". This year nobody knows a thing. Apart from the Mercs all cars are pretty much balanced and there isn't a clear advantage (again apart from Mercedes) in any track, or, better still, if there is it's really small and this year is about the driver. For now they ahve my full interest.

But as has been said several times the main issue for RBR is the Renault engine and they are now locked down, they can't modify them for performance reasons only anymore.

GP2 is also in action for the first time this weekend. And there's some pretty strong drivers up and down the grid - I'm looking forward to seeing Vandoorne, Marciello, Evans and Nasr in action.

Sorry to hear about that fire, hope everyone comes out 100% after recovery. This is the second factory fire I've heard of this year, the other being the Mercedes F1 engine center in Brixworth.

Here's a newly released mini-doc by RBR, it's pretty awesome:

rofl to Dan's face when he gave the word for "B"

Sorry to hear about that fire, hope everyone comes out 100% after recovery. This is the second factory fire I've heard of this year, the other being the Mercedes F1 engine center in Brixworth.
Indeed. Saw a brief mention on BBC news too but they gave no indication as to the nature of any injuries. Could be because they don't know but hopefully it's because there weren't any serious ones.

.rofl to Dan's face when he gave the word for "B"

Really, Daniel? :D What are you, like, 9 years old? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
A couple tweaked liveries for Bahrain, first up, obviously the 'Martini' logo wasn't gonna fly, so they opted for this, which they last had to do in 1997 at the French GP. They replaced 'Rothmans' with 'Williams Racing' since the organizers weren't allowing tobacco company logos.

07YonB0.jpg

And here's McLarens, picking up a one race sponsorship reflecting more local interests:

e0vKF8z.jpg

Last edited:
Back