2014 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Until anyone even shows a chance of catching Mercedes, they've got this entire year wrapped up. I suspect they know exactly how fast they need to go to outpace the field, and will continue doing that until another driver/team can legitimately match their stuff. That won't likely be for another month when they start the European races.

As long as they don't have double failures from reliability or other issues I can very much see them winning every race this season, thanks to the engine lockdown. It's not their fault of course, just as it wasn't Red Bull's fault the last four years, but it's not good for the sport.

as he is thought to weight between 58-62 kg, much like a Colombian cyclist. :lol:

:grumpy: Yes I'm a cyclist, not Colombian though.

Damn this is going to be a late one for me with it being a night race. Might be a struggle if it's the usual snoozefest at Bahrain.

:grumpy: Yes I'm a cyclist, not Colombian though.

Damn this is going to be a late one for me with it being a night race. Might be a struggle if it's the usual snoozefest at Bahrain.
Yes indeed so am I. Last year's Bahrain F1 was a pretty good one, with a lot of close racing. Nice long straights and more DRS might make it a better fight, but I dont see the fight being against Mercedes for 1-2 unless they have a problem. :lol: There's always the chance though that one of their cars will fail or a pitstop problem could happen too.

I think the midfield will be the place where it's happening on Sunday, with the bigger DRS and the higher top speeds making for some wild passes as long as it doesn't become too much of a fuel saving slog fest.

No surprises so far. Vettel leaving that timed lap till very, very, very late.

Anyone know why there's a gargling noise from the cars when they go down the straights?
Legality plank scrapping the track.
Surprisingly, Ricciardo is in there with them...
He's been the best driver not in a Mercedes this year. He's out-qualified Vettel (again?), but he'll still start behind him since he has that 10-place penalty.

I have to say, Daniel Riciardo is starting to show that Vettel may not be as good as some people make him out to be, not trying to take anything from Vettel, he is after all 4x World Champion, but with the best car. I can't help but feel that put in the same car of some of the other great drivers (HAM, ROS, ALO etc) they would simply outclass him.
People have said that for ages, but I always defended Vettel, but Riciardo is making it look like they were right :lol:

He's been the best driver not in a Mercedes this year. He's out-qualified Vettel (again?), but he'll still start behind him since he has that 10-place penalty.

Of course he will! Red Bull planned it that way! Muwahahahaha! [/conspiracytheorynut]

-

Mighty impressed, though there's the question as to whether this is a case of Ricciardo running different maps to Vettel, good work by the Aussie!

I have to say, Daniel Riciardo is starting to show that Vettel may not be as good as some people make him out to be, not trying to take anything from Vettel, he is after all 4x World Champion, but with the best car. I can't help but feel that put in the same car of some of the other great drivers (HAM, ROS, ALO etc) they would simply outclass him.
People have said that for ages, but I always defended Vettel, but Riciardo is making it look like they were right :lol:

It's still early in the season so I wouldn't judge on that this early. It definitely looks like he has some trouble adjusting to the new cars, though.

Vettel and Schumacher have won more team ROC trophies than anyone else. It's a given the boy knows how to race.

If there's no difference in the cars, It's likely a matter of style. Vettel suited the Red Bull throughout its dominant years because he adapted perfectly to the cornering style needed to maximize the advantage of the blown diffuser. It may be he hasn't found his rhythm with the new, less grippy cars, yet. Or that his style isn't suited to them and he has to relearn.

Oh come on, it's the third race. All great drivers have some bad days. If he's still being constantly beaten by the end of the season, then you'll have a point.

You've just seen that with Alonso, as well.

Holy Jehosephat! Ricciardo third!

Too bad he starts in thirteenth, but what a qualifying run!

Qualified 3rd, but still nearly a second behind the pole time.

As for Vettel, I just don't think he's adjusted his driving to suit the new car yet. He hasn't looked comfortable at all this year with the car. Once he figures it out, he'll be back up there at the top.. behind Mercedes.

Back