2014 India General Discussion

• Thread starter ionstriker
  • 342 comments
Which car are you using? Cause I'm using fairlady z version s z33 07 with 326 bhp and 1213kg and there is no 350z with 263 bhp. So far I've managed 2:20:753

You're using the 350z (r33) Im using a 370z (Fairlady Z (Z34) I think 08 model).
Stock I managed 2:24.xx
And with weight decreased to 1225kg and power increased to 263hp I managed 2:18.

Times set up at delhi auto expo from nissan fb page

Attachments

• tmp_IMG_1026083654020151402657386.jpeg
    tmp_IMG_1026083654020151402657386.jpeg
    35.7 KB · Views: 8
  • tmp_IMG_102608365402015638007566.jpeg
    tmp_IMG_102608365402015638007566.jpeg
    35.7 KB · Views: 7
Hello to all GT fans, specially from India. So live events of GT Academy will happen in Mumbai - R-City Mall, Ghatkopar from 20 to 23 March 2014. Who else is coming? To all GT players in Mumbai, we should plan together and go. Finally a proper setup with a GT racing pod will be waiting for us to experience in India.

Hello to all GT fans, specially from India. So live events of GT Academy will happen in Mumbai - R-City Mall, Ghatkopar from 20 to 23 March 2014. Who else is coming? To all GT players in Mumbai, we should plan together and go. Finally a proper setup with a GT racing pod will be waiting for us to experience in India.

From what I've read it takes more than 5 laps to get used to a wheel if you're used to a ds3.
Im pretty sure I can set a faster time with my ds3 in 5 laps than on the pod.

From what I've read it takes more than 5 laps to get used to a wheel if you're used to a ds3.
Im pretty sure I can set a faster time with my ds3 in 5 laps than on the pod.

I don't have a wheel. I am planning to get Logitech Driving Force GT soon as I have read it is a good beginner wheel. While driving with DS, I use D-pad, X and square, instead of analog stick. I am sure, wheels do require some practice as the hand-feet co-ordination should be as efficient as my thumb 👎 👍 co-ordination with DS.

Ok just felt like asking this question to every Indian gamer here. GT Academy is coming for the first time in India, how many of you are actually aiming to become a professional racer? If you are selected, GT Academy will eventually be a serious professional opportunity and won't remain a game anymore. Do share your thoughts.

it is a gt-r and most probably it is nismo tuned gt-r I tried the stock 2012 gt-r managed a 2:10:4xx with a lot of room for improvement

Yea it has to be a gtr. I'll try setting some lap times now. So does anyone know if it's possible to participate both in the live and online events?

hey guys,
im from mumbai but was in delhi for the Auto Expo so gave the GT Academy a shot... since most people are still unclear ill clear the doubts

you get 10min to race. Its up to you how many laps you complete in that much time, and only the fastest is chosen.
The car used is a Nissan GTR GT Academy one, and all driving aids are turned off (so it fishtails on hard braking/accelerating on turns). Its a manual gearbox with paddle shifters. The steering is UNBELIEAVABLY realistic and so are the pedals sensitivity. You need to have a driving licence to participate, they take it and register it. Also, you cant participate if you have participated in professional racing before (thats great news for us or we wouldmt have stood a chance). Oh yea, its a time trial on the Silverstone Track, so thats what we practice on.
and yes, its not easy. If you can, get a friend with you who can stand and yell out info like which gear to be in, how much to brake, etc etc.... my bro did that for me and i made it to the the top ten (currently 7th) as you can see, im the Aadil Naik thats there on that leaderboard :D

hope yo see everyone at the Mumbai event! ill be there

hey guys,
im from mumbai but was in delhi for the Auto Expo so gave the GT Academy a shot... since most people are still unclear ill clear the doubts

you get 10min to race. Its up to you how many laps you complete in that much time, and only the fastest is chosen.
The car used is a Nissan GTR GT Academy one, and all driving aids are turned off (so it fishtails on hard braking/accelerating on turns). Its a manual gearbox with paddle shifters. The steering is UNBELIEAVABLY realistic and so are the pedals sensitivity. You need to have a driving licence to participate, they take it and register it. Also, you cant participate if you have participated in professional racing before (thats great news for us or we wouldmt have stood a chance). Oh yea, its a time trial on the Silverstone Track, so thats what we practice on.
and yes, its not easy. If you can, get a friend with you who can stand and yell out info like which gear to be in, how much to brake, etc etc.... my bro did that for me and i made it to the the top ten (currently 7th) as you can see, im the Aadil Naik thats there on that leaderboard :D

can you participate again? when.it starts.in mumbai?

hey guys,

Are you sure all aids are off? I have seen the driving line on in some pictures on nissans fb page.
Also any idea on the tires used?

I might be better off doing it online from home. Not a wheel user. How did you manage on the wheel compared to the ds3

Sitting at home might be more convenient, but I loved the wheel over the ds3... It was a lot more sensitive and gave a better simulator experience... Besides, of you drive real cars on the road, you'll be right at home with the wheel... So yea, manual shifting, braking and downshifting simultaneously and all that, I prefer the wheel... Wouldn't be able to do half as well on the ds3

Back