2014 Italian Grand Prix

Wasn't paying attention to speeds during qualifying. Rosberg nearly hit 220mph apparently.

Marshall Pruett@marshallpruett0s
@F1 + Monza=magic. 219.9mph top speed for Rosberg, 219.3 for Bottas, 218.1 for Perez... Slowest trap speed in Qualy was 207.9 by Ericsson...

63horrx.jpg

An amazing lap by Hamilton to clinch pole. It should be a brilliant race for a few laps, I think it will be in the pits where the advantages are gained but I wouldn't be suprised if Lewis took off from the start like a madman then with 20 laps to go he has to ease off and save fuel and Nico passes him and wins, (that would make me smile).
I also wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton drives like a complete loon (as per usual)trying to prove a point and wins and in the process wears the hell out of the engine and gearbox. forgeting there is more than one race to go and penalties for using engines will hit hard if Nico manages to get pole in said race. Don't write off Botas or Riccardo taking advantage if the Mercs start knocking chunks out of each other.
Anyone fancy Hamiltons chances of still having a Mercedes seat at the start of next season? I don't.

An amazing lap by Hamilton to clinch pole. It should be a brilliant race for a few laps, I think it will be in the pits where the advantages are gained but I wouldn't be suprised if Lewis took off from the start like a madman then with 20 laps to go he has to ease off and save fuel and Nico passes him and wins, (that would make me smile).
I also wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton drives like a complete loon (as per usual)trying to prove a point and wins and in the process wears the hell out of the engine and gearbox. forgeting there is more than one race to go and penalties for using engines will hit hard if Nico manages to get pole in said race. Don't write off Botas or Riccardo taking advantage if the Mercs start knocking chunks out of each other.
Anyone fancy Hamiltons chances of still having a Mercedes seat at the start of next season? I don't.

Even Toto Wolff said that their current situation is not controllable and one has to go if it continues/gets worse, doubt they'll let Nico go.

Lewis will make it through the first chicane in 1st, Bottas will eat Rosberg up if he doesn't play it smart and fall in line behind Hamilton for a few laps at least. I see Hamilton taking the win to be honest, the high speed late breaking style circuit suits him more than it does Rosberg. Still anything can happen, should be a good'un.

Ricciardo has a long way to go if he's going to take advantage of anything happening near the top end of the grid.

Ricciardo has a long way to go if he's going to take advantage of anything happening near the top end of the grid.

Granted he didn't have the best of qualies but I wouldn't put it past him to be a huge threat again, if the Mercs don't get a good run. I think a lot will depend on one stop or two stops and if the safety car is used.

I'm in the US at the moment and I have no clue on which channel I can follow the race tomorrow... Any tips?

Lewis will make it through the first chicane in 1st, Bottas will eat Rosberg up if he doesn't play it smart and fall in line behind Hamilton for a few laps at least. I see Hamilton taking the win to be honest, the high speed late breaking style circuit suits him more than it does Rosberg. Still anything can happen, should be a good'un.

Remember Canada ? ;)

...if Hamilton drives like a complete loon (as per usual)trying to prove a point...

Your getting confused it's Nico who tries to "prove a point".

How everybody said it was Lewis's track, but yet Rosberg edged him in Qualifying fair and square.

I'm just saying :P
Lewis made mistakes and was faster in the race, combined sectors he was faster than Nico. I'd say Hungary is Hamilton's track which is why he still beat Nico after: starting from pitlane, having a big off in T2, using a weaker strategy and being significantly down on power after his final stop (about half a second a lap).

Last edited:
If he wins this years championship (which is unlikely), then yes. If he doesn't, then no.
Keith Collantine from F1 Fanatic crunched the numbers. There are 128 possible ways in which Hamilton and Rosberg can finish first and second between now and the end of the season - and Hamilton will only be World Champion on seven of them.

If Hamilton leaves, it won't be because Rosberg wins the title. It will be because Mercedes mismanaged the relationship between him and Rosberg. More importantly, Mercedes is the best team he can be with. Red Bull, Ferrari and Williams have all confirmed their line-ups for 2015, and McLaren are expected to keep Button and Magnussen. Likewise, Force India want to keep Hulkenberg and Perez. Toro Rosso have Kvyat and Verstappen, and so that leaves Lotus, Sauber, Marussia or Caterham. Or Forza Rossa, if anything eventuates there. Leaving now would be one of the worst driver decisions of all time.

How everybody said it was Lewis's track, but yet Rosberg edged him in Qualifying fair and square.

I'm just saying :P
Ye but he didn't this time ;). If things go without a hitch I don't see Rosberg beating Hamilton today, that is I don't see Rosberg getting by Hamilton on track. As we all know though however Hamilton really is getting the worst of lady luck this year, wouldn't surprise me any more really if another controversial incident takes place. @Grayfox What's Webber got to do with the 2014 Canadian GP?

Your getting confused it's Nico who tries to "prove a point".

Lewis made mistakes and was faster in the race, combined sectors he was faster than Nico. I'd say Hungary is Hamilton's track which is why he still beat Nico after: starting from pitlane, having a big off in T2, using a weaker strategy and being significantly down on power after his final stop (about half a second a lap).
To be fair, Nico was completely screwed over by the safety car, and then not making a proper pass when told Lewis would let him through. Hamilton's drive was less impressive when those factors are considered.

Back