2014 Italian Grand Prix

Kid Rock concert following GP of the Americas.

Seinfeld-Leaving.gif

Also, Merc GP isn't anywhere near their car's limit. There's a good amount of downforce on those cars compared to the rest of the grid and they're still faster than everyone else around the track.

Does Kimi have a clause in his contract wherein he gives up a million euros in salary every time he misses out on Q3?

He should.

Until they find a material that retains a smooth surface, but either increases rolling resistance of a car or decreases traction to negate any possible advantages, this will continue being abused.

Until they find a material that retains a smooth surface, but either increases rolling resistance of a car or decreases traction to negate any possible advantages, this will continue being abused.

Glass, Ice, Perspex, Diamond, Quartz.

4/10ths for Lewis. Going to be hard to beat. Both Mercs will have to go out again.

Hamilton on pole. Rosberg beside him... two incredibly fast Williams behind them.

Will be a very interesting first corner tomorrow. :lol:

Looked very unlikely anybody would topple that time. I was thinking Lewis could have just parked it to save any sets he would like in case he needs then since the race is a 1 stop.

Hamilton couldn't have parked it. Most of that lap time came from his second sector - but on his final lap, Rosberg only lost 0.113 seconds.

Poletime is less than 4/10 slower than last year.

Hamilton and Rosberg will tangle in the first chicane and Bottas will win, comfortably...

He has to report... sober.

Hamilton couldn't have parked it. Most of that lap time came from his second sector - but on his final lap, Rosberg only lost 0.113 seconds.

Agreed. Over the past few races, Rosberg has always seemed to pull a few tenths out on the very last run. You can't sit back and wait for him to beat you, even if you think the lap is unassailable.

Still, I think the higher downforce setting might be the way to go over race distance. We'll find out tomorrow.

Here's me hoping Rosberg beats Hamilton into the first corner tomorrow. And here's me hoping Bottas slaughters them both! :lol: Mind you as already said by @GTPorsche Mercedes are most likely holding something in reserve.

Agreed. Over the past few races, Rosberg has always seemed to pull a few tenths out on the very last run.
I think he's smart enough to put in a competitive lap time without risking his front wing chasing a time that might be possible, but isn't guaranteed. Then he waits to see what Hamilton produces, and if Hamilton is quicker, and if that speed lines up with where he thinks there is time to be had - like in the second sector - he'll go for it.

Looked very unlikely anybody would topple that time. I was thinking Lewis could have just parked it to save any sets he would like in case he needs then since the race is a 1 stop.
Nico was only 0.009 down at the end of S2 and made a mistake at the start of S3, if he hadn't he probably would have been much closer. It would have been pretty embarassing for Lewis if he was beaten again whilst sitting in the garage/backing off like Silverstone.

Nico was only 0.009 down at the end of S2 and made a mistake at the start of S3, if he hadn't he probably would have been much closer. It would have been pretty embarassing for Lewis if he was beaten again whilst sitting in the garage/backing off like Silverstone.
Yeah the gap would have been around 0.115 or less.

I have a feeling we'll see more action at the second chicane. Just a gut feeling. The two Mercs will hopefully got through turn 1 fine then really start to duke it out.

Not a terribly exciting quali, but the sheer speed always gets me hyped up. Glad to hear we are up a little in top speed from last year.

Good to see Lewis back on pole position again. Amazing that there is only less than a tenth difference between all his three pole position laps at Monza in F1.

Back