2014+ Lexus IS | RC General Discussion: RC-F Revealed

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 193 comments
Looks like the hp is actually increasing to 480hp.

"The ideal Atkinson cycle captures and compresses an amount of air that, when combusted and expanded throughout the entire power cycle, results in a cylinder pressure that's near atmospheric at the bottom of the piston's stroke, meaning the engine has wrung every bit of energy out of the fuel. Drop the hammer, and those valves shut in time to give you the full 12.3:1 compression (up from 11.8:1) and 5.0 liters of furious power -- 480 horses' worth (up substantially from the IS F's 416). A newly modified version of the current D4S direct-injection with secondary port injection helps make all this work. Torque ratings and further specifications are pending.

From MT

Official pics of the RC-F

New-Lexus-RC-F-4%25255B3%25255D.jpg

It looks alot better regular one, it does have those stupid fake vents on the back. Wy does it gold/bronze trim around the grill?:odd:
The back reminds me of the M4.
bmw-m4-2013-rear-action.jpg

I love the look of it, which is surprising since the lexus design language hadn't really grown on me.

An RC-F GT3 in a field comprised of R8's, SLS's, 458's, 12C's, Gallardo's (hopefully Huracan soon) and GT-R's would just look completely out of place.

Last edited:
An RC-F GT3 in a field comprised of R8's, SLS's, 458's, 12C's, Gallardo's (hopefully Huracan soon) and GT-R's would just look completely out of place.

Nobody sure seems to feel the same about the BMW Z4, which in road car form can't keep up with said cars (neither does the Bentley Continental) yet competes as well.

If anything, land-barges like the GT-R and the Continental look more out of place aside a bunch of sports cars.

With that said, I've been seeing more and more of those new IS' on the streets and I have to say, they're far less vulgar in the flesh.

Jeremy Clarkson was absolutely disgusted with this last night. I thought it was the funniest thing ever because the car looks like complete crap on their commercials. He spent more time in the LFA than the RCF..

Edit:
And even though he said "quite like it," doesn't mean anything.

Last edited:
I saw an RC-F on an exposition today and it was really impressive in real life! All the lines and shapes of the body makes a lot more sense in 3D, even the front - which I didn't use to like at all - looked fantastic!

It's pretty ugly. Lexus is killing itself with these big gaping maw thimble grills. Notice how the best looking car, the GS, has the most subdued grill.

It's pretty ugly. Lexus is killing itself with these big gaping maw thimble grills. Notice how the best looking car, the GS, has the most subdued grill.
Yeah... Next year might be the point where a Toyota and a Lexus are almost indistinguishable.

So amusing to read comments about the grilles like this, yet our sales & feedback reports say otherwise.

I don't mind the RC, in person it looks quite good, looks like a 6 series rival rather then a 4 series, looks very bulky.

Pretty tame in comparison to how it first looked. The black accents on the side intakes is a F Sport thing now, I guess.

Like the ES facelift, the differences will be more noticeable in person. Unsure of when we will get these.

Back