2014+ Lexus IS | RC General Discussion: RC-F Revealed

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 193 comments
They have the same or similar philosophy as BMW- Coupes being separate model line. Think BMW 4 series and Lexus RC. M4=RC-F, RC 350=BMW 435.

That car would look meaner without the grill. Thankfully there's always the aftermarket.

It would look great in black.

As for future engine, I have a feeling they're gonna go smaller engine, forced aspiration.
Judging by what the aftermarket has offered in the last 5 years, don't count on them looking any better.

While I still don't like that split head lamp, I've been viewing the car enough every day where it really is growing on me. The non F-Sport models definitely appeal more (grille-wise), but the F-Sport looks best in either black or white. There is a red, but it just doesn't look as good with the way the tail lamps extend so far forward. The silver & the gray aren't bad.

The car itself though, is a blast to drive. We were designated a large portion of incoming IS' to start with over most dealers & they are moving off the lot quick.

The IS looks much better in person or driving than you see in the magazines or internet. Has that swooping flow to it.

While the comments versus the verdict may be a bit confusing, here's a fairly good review on the IS350 F-Sport vs. Cadillac ATS and BMW 335i (both in previous videos if you want to watch the full thing).

I still think the previous gen IS is such a beautiful car. Every time I see one, its elegance seems to stand out from everything else around it.

Bram Turismo
I still think the previous gen IS is such a beautiful car. Every time I see one, its elegance seems to stand out from everything else around it.

Yeah, one of the professors at school had one, thing was instantly recognizable among the countless base spec 3 series' and C classes.

Yeah, one of the professors at school had one, thing was instantly recognizable among the countless base spec 3 series' and C classes.

I rather find avant-garde line C-class (Top spec) is better looking and elegant than the IS though but from where I live, there are tons of the previous generation IS which is making it common as a Toyota Camry which makes (new) Volkswagen, BMW and Merc cars stands out more than the rest.

Japan's "BestCar" magazine is reporting there will be a GT3 race version of the RC-F possibly at the Tokyo Motor Show.

Hm, the car is actually growing on me. Reminds me of the first Audi models that had that huge grille. Awkward at first, but not that bad by now.

Rear end still looks great too, to my eyes.

In contrast to a few others here, not a fan of the previous-gen car. Big fan of the first gen though - looked great at the time and still works well now.

I thought the second gen looked great until you got to the front. It just looked too tall from there, with the ISF exacerbating it.

Last edited:
Saw the new 2014 Lexus IS in my apartment complex parking lot in that brownish gray color. It looks great in real life actually compared to the photos.

Saw the new 2014 Lexus IS in my apartment complex parking lot in that brownish gray color. It looks great in real life actually compared to the photos.

I agree. It looks really great IRL especially with the F-sport bodykit and LFA-esque rims.

New Lexus RC to replace SC430 in Super GT GT500

ge5529142204776949148.jpg

Motorward
Lexus is kicking its motorsport activities into high gear by entering the Japanese Super GT series from 2014. The car they chose to compete with is the LF-CC concept that debuted at the Paris Motor Show last year. This could be another hint that a production version of this car is indeed in the works.

The race-prepped Lexus LF-CC will be competing in the Super GT Series GT500 class starting next season, replacing the ancient SC 430. For this task the LF-CC is fitted with a massive racing aero kit, complementing its natural dynamic lines, consisting of a large front splitter, new wings and rear fenders, side skirts with air vents, rear diffuser and a large rear spoiler.

The car has already began its testing at the Suzuka Circuit, but Lexus has not revealed what sort of powertrain they are using. The LF-CC concept features a 2.5 litre 4-cylinder petrol engine mated to a compact, high-output, water-cooled permanent magnet electric motor, for a CO2 target of below 100 g/km. That definitely won’t be the case in the racing version.

What a mess. I hope that's not real. Though if that hideous SUV concept is anything to go by, the real one will be even worse than that image.

That is one lardy, overwrought butt. I sure hope it's not the final product. Though it really makes me wonder which end is worse; that, or the Predator face up front. Also: hood scoop? Seems a bit out of place for this class of car. It's still a shocker to think that Lexus has become the ostentatious guy in the loud suit in the premium compact performance room, what with the German trio taking a much more subdued approach - even Audi and their gaping maw.

I don't think it looks that bad, I feel like their design language works a lot better on this than on the IS sedan.

I'd go as far as saying I actually quite enjoy the way it looks.

Back