2014+ Lexus IS | RC General Discussion: RC-F Revealed

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 193 comments
To be fair, here in England with a long front license plate it should look fine.

Motorward
The race-prepped Lexus LF-CC will be competing in the Super GT Series GT500 class starting next season, replacing the ancient SC 430. For this task the LF-CC is fitted with a massive racing aero kit, complementing its natural dynamic lines, consisting of a large front splitter, new wings and rear fenders, side skirts with air vents, rear diffuser and a large rear spoiler.

No it isn't.

The GT500 version shares nothing with any road going counterpart.

It admittedbly looks better than the Sedan, but it's still not quite on the level visually as its competitors. Maybe in person that will change.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Good back, hideous front. Lexus had the style just so a few years ago then they messed it up trying to make everything look like the LF-A.

Looks quite nice. Is it just me, or does the front headlights look a bit small? It should be a bit bigger in my opinion.

Radical. Lexus is killing the game lately. That car right there looks about as robotically Japanese as you can get. The guys over at Audi are making some of the most German cars you can get, simplistic and clean and gray. Meanwhile Mercedes has never had a more hideous lineup in its history and BMW is making cars that finally look decent if bloated. Cadillac is also making some gorgeous cars, like cut gems set in fluid metal.

Looks quite nice. Is it just me, or does the front headlights look a bit small? It should be a bit bigger in my opinion.

They're fairly narrow on the 3th-gen IS, so it's probably just a parts-number carryover (give or take a digit).

Ah, finally realized the current trapezoidal, off-kilter bow tie Lexus grille reminds me of Emperor Zurg. I guess that's what saves it from being a Honda Accord Coupe rear with a Nissan 370Z front end.

I'll have to reserve judgement til' I see it in person, although the bottom of the grille appears to be getting longer with each new car.

Same here. In person the stance may be really pleasing. The grille will have to grow on me, if it ever does. Personally, it feels to bethe trend nowadays to have some kind of large grill and crazy LED headlamps ala Audi.

High quality pics of the RC HERE
Lexus-RC-4%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Lexus-RC-6%25255B2%25255D.jpg

I really don't like this whole new style thing Lexus is doing. It way to aggressive and sporty for it, if it was a F/ F-Sport model it would be better. Even if it was that it still would look ugly.

Lexus-RC-1%25255B2%25255D.jpg

The foglights placed in the grill trim looks odd.

Lexus-RC-10%25255B2%25255D.jpg

The headlights look ever uglier then the ones on the IS.

Lexus-RC-13%25255B2%25255D.jpg

The rear looks nice but the vent on the bumper( not sure if its functional or not) looks like the size guard on hair trimmers ...
1724hair_trimmer.jpg

I meet one of these new IS' every day driving from and to work.

I think in person the front looks absolutely stunning. The detail and build quality just shines all over this thing. The rear is rather hideous, though. But the front, man...!

Lexus-RC-13%25255B2%25255D.jpg

The rear looks nice but the vent on the bumper( not sure if its functional or not) looks like the size guard on hair trimmers ...
If it's anything like the front vents on a GS F-Sport, it's probably not which is why I wish the rear had stayed closer to the concept's.

Should be getting our first look at these in Feb. to March.

Official pics of the RC-F

New-Lexus-RC-F-1%25255B3%25255D.jpg

New-Lexus-RC-F-4%25255B3%25255D.jpg

New-Lexus-RC-F-3%25255B3%25255D.jpg

It looks alot better regular one, it does have those stupid fake vents on the back. Wy does it gold/bronze trim around the grill?:odd:

Last edited:
Why does it gold/bronze trim around the grill?:odd:

Having seen it on other Lexus models, it's more of a polished gun-metal-gray color with about half of the shine of chrome.

Back