2014 Nordics General Discussion (Sweden)

• Thread starter et_
  • 118 comments

et_

(Banned)
Sweden
erazer13
elias_johansson
Hello there, this is a general discussion thread for all GT academy participants from the nordic region (including Finland, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, and ofcourse Sweden):D
Feel free to discuss and post your laptimes, in any of the events:)
Here is a list of the top 10 swedish times in all 4 rounds.:gtpflag:
Please post your new time in this thread so I can update it:)

Round 1:

1. Kommendanten_v2 - 1:03.135
2. elias_johansson - 1:03.246
3. REDEYE_RETURN - 1:03.301
4. Axoir - 1:03.339
5. Robbe13 - 1:03.384
6. BerbatovGTR - 1:03.395
7. bredsladd1 - 1:03.415
8. Drawninetynine - 1:03.451
9. Kvicken - 1:03.516
10. GFN96 - 1:03.519
Last updated on wednesday 11/6

Round 2:

1. Kommendanten_v2 - 1:34.755
2. elias_johansson - 1:34.946
3. Robbe13 - 1:35.281
4. BerbatovGTR - 1:35.370
5. Drawninetynine - 1:35.432
6. blodpudding77 - 1:35.487
7. bredsladd1 - 1:35.565
8. evogsr89 - 1:35.694
9. REDEYE_RETURN - 1:35.770
10. Kvicken - 1:35.909

Round 3:

1. Kommendanten_v2 - 2:12.755
2. elias_johansson - 2:12.929
3. REDEYE_RETURN - 2:13.796
4. bredsladd1 - 2:13.946
5. blodpudding77 - 2:14.028
6. BerbatovGTR - 2:14.029
7. AutodromoMonza - 2:14.273
8. nr1JiWe - 2:14.429
9. Highstreem - 2:14.570
10. Advqnce - 2:14.654

Final Round:

1. Kommendanten_v2 - 2:14.866
2. elias_johansson - 2:14.951
3. NoobPeanut - 2:15.082
4. djrbbn - 2:15.228
5. Drawninetynine - 2:15.238
6. Robbe13 - 2:15.363
7. oosen - 2:15.380
8. Filip_Ovik - 2:15.398
9. Advqnce - 2:15.810
10. REDEYE_RETURN - 2:15.899
Last updated on friday 13/6

Original post:
As excited and glad I am about Sweden being in GT Academy again, I'm a bit curious, does anyone have an idea why Finland, Norway, and Denmark is'nt competing this year?

Last edited:
I have no idea.

Sure, Norway and Denmark was'nt as competative as Sweden as far as Q-times go, but Finland was way more competative than Sweden, so can't see any obvious reason for it.

Maybee Sweden beeing the largest country among the Scandinavian countries has something to do with it..

I'm not sure I'll have the time to put in this year to reach a top spot, but I will have a go. 👍

I find it strange why they aren't allowed in the Europe region... but the Europe region will always be the thoughest, last year 765000 people competed, 1 winner, so it should be easier this year when fewer countries are allowed in :)

Out of the scandinavian countries I've been pretty much outstanding in the seasonal events in GT6, together with what @Filip_Ovik did at race camp last year and the fact that we have 4 milion more citizens than the others makes for a strong case.

Maybe its sweden in 2014, then Denmark in 2015, Finland in 2016 and so on?

And here I thought I'd have a go at GTA as I turn 18 in July... :indiff: Oh well, best of luck to all the Swedes. :cheers:

Have there been any news about any live events this time? I completely missed that those existed the last time around.

et_
As excited and glad I am about Sweden being in GT Academy again, I'm a bit curious, does anyone have an idea why Finland, Norway, and Denmark is'nt competing this year?

So it's really official Finland is not participating? ****. :mad: All that practising, which I did with comfort and sport tyres, for nothing (because I had GT Academy in my mind). :banghead: Well, I think I improved a bit, but...I can't now compare my level and this year's performance to the last year's performance.

GT Academy was supposed to be only a measuring point to me, because I'm not a top driver and can't qualify myself any further in the steps of Academy. Nevertheless I feel really disappointed. And I feel also disappointed on behalf of those fellow countrymen, who could have had chances to be on top in Academy.

Sometimes you win and sometimes you...don't participate. :rolleyes:

So it's really official Finland is not participating? ****. :mad: All that practising, which I did with comfort and sport tyres, for nothing (because I had GT Academy in my mind). :banghead: Well, I think I improved a bit, but...I can't now compare my level and this year's performance to the last year's performance.

GT Academy was supposed to be only a measuring point to me, because I'm not a top driver and can't qualify myself any further in the steps of Academy. Nevertheless I feel really disappointed. And I feel also disappointed on behalf of those fellow countrymen, who could have had chances to be on top in Academy.

Sometimes you win and sometimes you...don't participate. :rolleyes:
I'm afraid so. here is what they wrote on their facebook page: "GT Academy Europe 2014 is comprised of France, Italy, UK, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Russia, Sweden, Poland and Czech Republic."
https://www.facebook.com/notes/gt-a...ismo-playstation-gt-academy/10152903266418504
really unfortunate for you guys, but maybe Finland is participating in 2015...

Yeah really sad to hear that Finland is not competing this year.. Last year i was so close to be attending the race camp on Sweden(lost like 0,003 to the 2nd guy on x-racer event at Helsinki) and this is year i was going to give it my all! But yeah,maybe next year then...

Yeah really sad to hear that Finland is not competing this year.. Last year i was so close to be attending the race camp on Sweden(lost like 0,003 to the 2nd guy on x-racer event at Helsinki) and this is year i was going to give it my all! But yeah,maybe next year then...
You where at the national finals at sturup?

that will most certainly be possible at the final ranking registration round. But at this event I've not found such function.
As far as swedish participants go, its clear that no one has done any serious attempt yet. the only ones within the first 1000 participants is:

kommendanten_v2
elias_johansson
ekke-_
PureGT_GOOFY
Fr3dT3hKill3r
GFN96
Pittex

that wont cut it. I'm down to 1.03.6 with about a tenth lost in every sector, so I'm aming for 1.03.3 Will do a serious attempt towards the end.

Im going to go all in on this for 1week due to a trip to usa the whole may. But how long was round 1?

Im so excited for this!
Good luck!

Im going to go all in on this for 1week due to a trip to usa the whole may. But how long was round 1?

Im so excited for this!
Good luck!
It ends in the middle of june, dont know the exact date tho.

kommendanten_v2 is really going for it, 1:03.184 is a very fast time! 9th place in the world at the moment. Also, another swed is on the 2nd place, called bredsladd1, 204 in the world atm.

@et_ when are you going to give it a seriuos attempt?

kommendanten_v2 is really going for it, 1:03.184 is a very fast time! 9th place in the world at the moment. Also, another swed is on the 2nd place, called bredsladd1, 204 in the world atm.

@et_ when are you going to give it a seriuos attempt?
Wow! kommendanten is down to 1:03.1? that might be faster than I can manage!

Well it ends june 16'th so I guess I'll do a serious attempt june 15'th:lol:
you know how I am, I always wait until the last minute:scared:

et_
Wow! kommendanten is down to 1:03.1? that might be faster than I can manage!

Well it ends june 16'th so I guess I'll do a serious attempt june 15'th:lol:
you know how I am, I always wait until the last minute:scared:
well, I guess it's only the final round that counts anyway and that ends the same day so I think you should only aim for that one.

Here is a little bit of driving tips/improvments in real life I wrote in another thread but I can post here as well :)

I was at the race camp last year and all I did before race camp was going to the nearest gocart club three times. My tips for you guys (based on my own experience) is following:

1. Do a little bit of gocarting, not so much because we didn't do anything at the race camp.
2. Learn how to shift fast, on the long straights you can earn enough time to make that overtake you need to do, we only used 3rd, 4th and 5th gear in the 370z race cars.
3. Heel and toe is very good to avoid locking up the rear (which I did all the time, especially in the rain) when downshifting. Miguel could do heel and toe by the way.
4. If you have the chance, get some seat time on a track! You should not be scared when you are going over 150 kph (as me lol).
5. Doing a little bit of drifting into the corners is NOT the fastest way irl. Smooth driving and trail braking is the key.
6. To set a fast time, you must now your brakingpoints to 100% and all overtakes in the races was always when braking (into brooklands always I think).
7. Make sure your aircondition is turned on because mine wasn't and I got fogg over the whole window, in the final race! 🤬

Edit:
8. Try Assetto Corsa, I really think it can improve your driving skills irl. It's for pc only though.

1. Do a little bit of gocarting, not so much because we didn't do anything at the race camp.
2. Learn how to shift fast, on the long straights you can earn enough time to make that overtake you need to do, we only used 3rd, 4th and 5th gear in the 370z race cars.
3. Heel and toe is very good to avoid locking up the rear (which I did all the time, especially in the rain) when downshifting. Miguel could do heel and toe by the way.
4. If you have the chance, get some seat time on a track! You should not be scared when you are going over 150 kph (as me lol).

Edit:
8. Try Assetto Corsa, I really think it can improve your driving skills irl. It's for pc only though.
This sounds like a bad time to be really low on money.. Would probably need a car to practise that shifting. ^^ Not that I think I'll threaten et, kommendanten and the others anyway but I'll give it a try.

This sounds like a bad time to be really low on money.. Would probably need a car to practise that shifting. ^^ Not that I think I'll threaten et, kommendanten and the others anyway but I'll give it a try.
Well, there is 5 from online and 4 from live events that goes to the national final. When you are there, gaming stands for 20 % in total I think it was so fitness, media but most of all your driving skills irl is importent here, not so much gaming actually but still important for sure! 2 Swedes are going to race camp this year! :)

the beauty of it all is that once you make it to the national finals, you never know what will happen. Filip had like no experience irl whatsoever, never even been on a track, or driven faster than 150kmh. he just barely made it through the online qualification , he was 3'rd in total, behind both me and Gustav, and if I remember correct, you got that time just 1 hour before the event ended @Filip_Ovik ?

Once at the finals, he wiped the floor with us all, and went on to almost win GT academy altogether!

et_
the beauty of it all is that once you make it to the national finals, you never know what will happen. Filip had like no experience irl whatsoever, never even been on a track, or driven faster than 150kmh. he just barely made it through the online qualification , he was 3'rd in total, behind both me and Gustav, and if I remember correct, you got that time just 1 hour before the event ended @Filip_Ovik ?

Once at the finals, he wiped the floor with us all, and went on to almost win GT academy altogether!
I got my time 3 hours before it ended ;) In the real life stuff I was lucky enough I had some secret skillz I didn't knew about so I could do as good as I did. Except for the gocarting I had of course played quite a lot of GT5 so I knew the basics of driving a car.

Back