2014 Nordics General Discussion (Sweden)

• Thread starter et_
  • 118 comments
YEEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!! :censored:2:14.951!! I DID IT!!:D:D
I'm so done with this now. I was actually behind my previous best at the final split, but I took that last corner just as good as Immortal:eek: and gained a ton of time! That in mind, I know kommendanten is within reach, but I had to put down so many kilometers and hours to just shed off that last 2 tenths, I cant really find the motivation to try for that last tenth. and besides, that time should definetly be enough to go on to the nationals:D

:gtpflag:WOOOOHOOOO!!!!:gtpflag:
big_grin_smiley_face_sticker-p217746367994550126qjcl_400.jpg

Last edited:
I asked nissan when and where the stockholm live event would be held, so far no response...
there makes no sense for it not to be an event in Stockholm...

Last edited:
hmm, there is supposed to be 9 people from Sweden going through to the nationals,
3 people from the live events, 5 from the online event, and 1 from the facebook challenge.
I just assumed that those 3 was from Malmö, Göteborg and Stockholm...
because, you know... it makes sense...

et_
hmm, there is supposed to be 9 people from Sweden going through to the nationals,
3 people from the live events, 5 from the online event, and 1 from the facebook challenge.
I just assumed that those 3 was from Malmö, Göteborg and Stockholm...
because, you know... it makes sense...
Probably saving a bit of money by just doing one event. But with three people from that single event the chance of advancing would have been pretty high. I wonder if any of the top guys went there and are all ready qualified.

Yeah, the live event is way easier. but usually you'll struggle once you get to the nationals. not to mention how the facebook winner will struggle:eek:

That facebook thing is so weird.. won't even work for me. Worked a couple of times but now I won't get any points for the second stage and no total points, don't get it. :P Really wonder how that poor person will do in the finals. ^^

Hi!

Had to make an account here!

Was veeeeery suprised i got that 2.14.887 time yeasterday! It felt like it was'nt a good lap!

Kommendanten is in reach, so maybe i'll beat him tonight! ;)

/ Noborg

Last edited:
Hi!

Had to make an account here!

Was veeeeery suprised i got that 2.14.887 time yeasterday! It felt like it was'nt a good lap!

Kommendanten is in reach, so maybe i'll beat him tonight! ;)

/ Noborg
Well, so was I!:lol: I thought about chasing you down, because if I can put my best split times together, I would get a low 2:14.7. But... 🤬 it! I'm through anyway (I hope) and this car is messed up, its so damn hard to string it together, it would require an insane amount of concentration, and a whole lot of luck, so I can't be bothered really. Well done on that lap mate and see you at the nationals:)

et_
Well, so was I!:lol: I thought about chasing you down, because if I can put my best split times together, I would get a low 2:14.7. But... 🤬 it! I'm through anyway (I hope) and this car is messed up, its so damn hard to string it together, it would require an insane amount of concentration, and a whole lot of luck, so I can't be bothered really. Well done on that lap mate and see you at the nationals:)
Haha!

Im with you on that opinion, and i'm not motivated enough to beat Kommendanten! A time under 2:14 is really good, so you also did a greeeeat job!

See you there!

Do you have any clue where the nationals will take place?

Haha!

Im with you on that opinion, and i'm not motivated enough to beat Kommendanten! A time under 2:14 is really good, so you also did a greeeeat job!

See you there!

Do you have any clue where the nationals will take place?
No idea, it was Sturup Raceway last year.
Rumors has it its in Poland.:eek: (we are in the same group as Czech Republic and Poland)
But its just rumors , nothing confirmed.

et_
No idea, it was Sturup Raceway last year.
I've only heard rumors so far, nothing confirmed, but rumors has it its in Poland :embarrassed:

Okay! I heard someone say Knutstorp, but that's also a rumor!

If it's in Poland i hope it's on Tor Poznan. (Been driving on that track irl) :D
But i hope it's in Sweden!

Okay! I heard someone say Knutstorp, but that's also a rumor!

If it's in Poland i hope it's on Tor Poznan. (Been driving on that track irl) :D
But i hope it's in Sweden!
Me too:)

You guys will have to report from the finals, where it was, what you got to do and all that stuff. :)

@Advqnce did you go to a live event and got qualified that way? or will you be driving all night tonight to qualify? ;)

For the people living in Stockholm, there is a live event at Mobility Motors in Bromma this wednesday! I'll drop by and check out the competition, and maybe set a few laps to set a benchmark:lol:

@Phouchg : Last year the finals consisted of 4 parts:

-IRL time trial (cone course with Juke nismo)
-GT5 in game TT (1 lap wonder, ten laps total time, and 5 laps best lap time)
-Physical tests (4 parts)
-A media interview (you're judged how well your english is and how you handle media overall)

The IRL racing is the most important, then the game, then the physical challenges, and least important is the media part.

I feel so stupid, I started writing in english, then I wrote mobility motors i bromma, after that I continued to write in swedish:lol: feels somewhat stupid to write in english when there is only swedish people here...

Last edited:
Haha I wonder which competition that goes first if you qualify in both. If you're there we all know we won't have any real chance to qualify so might just not show up. ;) (also probably won't have time to go to stockholm just for that.. )

@Phouchg Where do you live m8?

edit. kommendanten is down to 14.6:eek::eek:

I should also add that I dont know who he is or how old, but I do know that last year, he did'nt have a drivers licence...

Last edited:
Well managed to cut 0.3 sec on my time tonight but wanted sooo much to get into the 2.15 but work calls tomorrow :(
Congrats to you guys who will go to the nationals! I'll have to wait and see what the Facebook crap is all about, Im in 16th place there still :/

Good night and good luck to you who are still driving!

I live in Örebro, so 2 hours from Stockholm.. probably would've gone there if I had a car.. not worth it with train. ^^

et_
@JiWe I think only number 1 from the facebook competition goes through...

I think top 25 go through to some kind of face off in gran turismo?

I live in Örebro, so 2 hours from Stockholm.. probably would've gone there if I had a car.. not worth it with train. ^^
Rent a car for the day, about 400kr, or borrow a friends car! 2 hours is nothing;)
Ah, so that is how it works! Sry, I had no idea:embarrassed: I only knew 1 person goes through to the finals from that:P

Yes that is how I understand it too. It doesnt say what the next phase is though.
Anyway it would only be a fun bonus for me.

et_
Rent a car for the day, about 400kr, or borrow a friends car! 2 hours is nothing;)
450 kr seems to be the cheapest actually ^^ but i don't know, I don't really have time or money to throw away on a trip to stockholm.

And yeah, feels weird to write in English but I don't think we're allowed to do anything else. Thanks for the run through of the final events by the way. Real driving would be the hardest for me.. haven't ever driven real car on the limit. :P

Weird if Kommendanten qualifies again without having a licence.. maybe he is really young and just practising for when he's old enough.. (i know some do that e.g. doodlemonopoly ).

Congrats all qualifiers. I was way to rusty having not played at all for almost a year. I doubt I would have been able to reach the 2'14s anyway. Maybe I'll check out the live event.

Back