2014 North America Discussion (US & Canada)

• Thread starter scca_ziptie
  • 1,618 comments
Pressure?? You haven't even seen the training schedule you will be working with. Just wait buddy...we have nearly a year to get you where you need to be! Never too early to start. Aaaaannnnnddddd GO!!

Speaking of training, I need to get back behind the virtual wheel. It's been way too long. Guess it's back to the dregs of random rooms.

So, I met the 2014 North America winner today.

The winners of the International, European, Middle East and North America finals were testing at Silverstone, as part of their Driver Development program. I got to follow them around, as well as sit down and chat to each of them. I have a couple of photos from the day:

15216951450_6ea6856906_b.jpg

15400435141_125bb1a5b8_b.jpg

Their pit garage for the day had a famous former resident:

15403615885_e236dd83c3_b.jpg

I had taken more photos, but unfortunately the NA winner is lurking somewhere in each one, so I can't show you them :lol:

just wandering if they will make us do a fit test next year at nationals to put a twist on things? most of the top 32 this year would pass with flying colors.

Hey all, i'm putting on a viewing party each night of the show here in Pasadena Maryland. I'm not sure if anyone here lives close by but if so, this is the place to be during the show! Read the description below for details. Here is a link to the event page on FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/events/626157787501686/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

original

Come join us for the 4th Season of the North American GT Academy at Glory Days Grill Pasadena MD. Have fun with family and friends as we watch Tommy Gontkof battle 11 other racers at Silverstone Circuit in England for a chance to become a Nismo Athlete and a Professional Racing Driver for Nissan. The party kicks off at 9:30pm. There will be door prizes, raffles and Virtual Racing with Gran Turismo. The restaurant will hold a late night happy hour during each event and a portion of all food & drink sales will be donated to the Armed Forces Foundation. Please come out and support a great cause.

Guests will have the chance to buy different color coded tickets upon entry…

50/50 raffle: Tickets may be purchased at 2 for $5, 3 for $7, 5 for $10 and 10 for $15. At the end of the night, the person with the winning ticket will receive half of the total ticket sales, and the AFF will receive the other half.

Door prize tickets: Everyone will receive a door prize ticket. At the end of the night we will call out numbers, people with winning ticket numbers will get to choose from a selection of prizes.

Racing tickets: These tickets may be purchased for $5 each. Each ticket will get you one race session on the simulator as well as a gift bag. (Limited to 1 per person per night)

Gran Turismo Virtual Racing Championship:

We will use Playstation 3 and Gran Turismo 6 to see who can set the fastest lap of the night. Each guest who presents a “racing ticket” will have the opportunity to set a fast lap in the simulator. At the end of the night the top 10 drivers will earn points towards the championship and the person with the fastest lap will win a prize basket (valued at $100+). The championship will continue throughout the 6 events, the person with the most points after the 6 rounds will win a Thrustmaster T500RS Racing Wheel for the Playstation 3 courtesy of Polyphony Digital Inc, a $400 Value! Points will be paid out based on the Formula 1 system. 1st 25, 2nd 18, 3rd 15, 4th 12, 5th 10, 6th 8, 7th 6, 8th 4, 9th 2, 10th 1 point. The total value of prizes for the Gran Turismo Championship will exceed $1000! To ensure more guests have the chance to win the “fastest lap” prize, this will only be available to win once. If the same person has the fastest lap more than once, the next racer in line (who has not yet received a fastest lap prize) will inherit the prize. Points will still be paid for their position. Good luck to all participants!

Donations and the Armed Forces Foundation!

The restaurant will donate 10% of sales from the event to the AFF. Along with this, half of the 50/50 Raffle will be donated, as well as all of the money from the “racing tickets” that have been sold each night. There will be a donations box on the main table if anyone is interested in making a separate donation to the AFF.

Last edited:
Back