2014 Round 1 - Nissan Leaf G @ Brands Hatch Indy *GTP Leaderboard*

• Thread starter hognhominy
  • 595 comments
weapon! Is that the 4motion??? Haha i have a stage 2+ so its not slow ;)

yeah i have tried so many lines with slightly braking without, i just get a slower exist speed.... I don't know why??? My mid conner speed is the same as dhollands... But his ghost just pulls away...

It is a 2 point slow 8v (audi bottom end and 268 cam). Driving the Leaf is just like driving my golf! lol

You do make me laugh... You can't say that it requires less skill, if it gains an advantage then why not use it? I personally only use it when a car has the wrong brake bias, my driving style needs a car that is sliding on the rear going into the corners, so the handbrake helps with this in corners where it's not possible to achieve that oversteer with the brakes.
I'm glad I made you laugh :D , it gains and advantage (as you say) so it requires less skill than using only the brakes and weight transfer in order to achieve the same time.

I'm glad I made you laugh :D , it gains and advantage (as you say) so it requires less skill than using only the brakes and weight transfer in order to achieve the same time.
I wouldn't say it requires less skill though, just feels like you're having a dig at people that use it :P

my god.... this is seriously starting to become frustrating!!!! i don't know how the f#$% you guys that are under 1:03.3XX do it.... I can't...

I wouldn't say it requires less skill though, just feels like you're having a dig at people that use it :P
Am I having a dig at myself then? If you look at my replay you'll see I'm using the handbrake, I'm just calling things by its name, but feels like you are trying to minimise it. :)

I have to say both methods require just as much skill to execute well
Use of the handbrake (frowned upon by some) requires a lot of skill in the amount of handbrake applied degree of turn angle to get the rotation just right get it right and you can gain time get it wrong you just look silly.
Using the brakes and lift off oversteer to induce rotation is just a equally matched skill in itself thou your more likely to use this in real life on track than pulling up the handbrake.
At this point in the early rounds and final online round all that matters is the time you put up in the hope it's quick enough to proceed to national finals and then on to race camp if your still having the urge to grab the handbrake when you made it that far I'd suggest a career in rallying instead of circuit racing.

I have to say both methods require just as much skill to execute well
Use of the handbrake (frowned upon by some) requires a lot of skill in the amount of handbrake applied degree of turn angle to get the rotation just right get it right and you can gain time get it wrong you just look silly.
Using the brakes and lift off oversteer to induce rotation is just a equally matched skill in itself thou your more likely to use this in real life on track than pulling up the handbrake.
At this point in the early rounds and final online round all that matters is the time you put up in the hope it's quick enough to proceed to national finals and then on to race camp if your still having the urge to grab the handbrake when you made it that far I'd suggest a career in rallying instead of circuit racing.
The only car I used the handbrake with in the national finals was the road going GT-R, it understeers stupidly so it's kind of useful. Also, when you start a new combo, you can find yourself slightly overshooting the braking zones, and if you do this then tapping the handbrake helps slow you down so you don't miss the apex as much. 👍

Am I having a dig at myself then? If you look at my replay you'll see I'm using the handbrake, I'm just calling things by its name, but feels like you are trying to minimise it. :)
Ahh right, I hadn't watched your replay! :lol: I just think that it takes just as much skill to use the handbrake in this way as it does to trail brake.

if you are going to frown at people for using the handbrake you might as well frown at those that use slide to their advantage, in time trials.

since everyone does it, the whole concept of how your trying to find time is already unrealistic so does it matter?

Last edited:
I actually find no ABS easier than handbrake for this combo. :lol:
Really haha? I think no ABS was better, I just couldn't find a good braking point for the hairpin. It doesn't help that I don't have my racing seat setup at the moment, so my pedals aren't in a very comfortable position, maybe if I was at home with my proper setup then no ABS would be easier :)

yeah mate i feel you.... I can keep up with the best in the first sector but the 2nd sector and last conner hurt me everytime... Getting over this car and track combo... I want something with gears and power...

Haven't bothered posting my 1.04.xx times but finally got below that! Tried probably on 3 previous occasions without success.

Improved personal best like 4 or 5 times today.
If my memory serves me correct:

1.03.8x

Couldn't have done it without this forums knowledge.
:gtpflag:

Hope the to be in top 1000 by the 5th :)

Ok...down to 1:03.966......I'm screaming through graham hill at about 57-58 mph. I looked at the data logger and my braking is fairly brief and minimal. I guess if i want to play with the big boys then I'd better get a wheel and smooth out Mclaren.

Yogi

I'm at work so I can't remember exactly what I got but it was a 1:03.96x...I had to watch the top time replay a couple times to get the braking and throttle points correct. I was about to get an even faster time but screwed up sector 3 and went off into the sand pit. :(

After an over 400 km run last night I improved my time a whopping .012 to a 1:03.964.

EDIT: Now after only 33 km I improved my time to 1:03.918.

Last edited:
I couldn't help but notice one of my really good online racing friends, POLISET, in 13th place. :D:tup:

Managed a 1'03.307, still searching for a few tenths and a more consistent last sector. Great to see those top times dropping even further; I enjoy following the fastest out there and realizing I have what it takes.

1:03.874 SlipZtrEm GTP_SlipZtrEm

Despite my reservations about this combo, I'm finding myself losing track of time lapping. Forgot what seriously hunting for a good time was like 👍

Latest Posts

Back