2014 Round 2 - Nissan 370Z @ Apricot Hill Raceway *GTP Leaderboard*

• Thread starter hognhominy
  • 516 comments
Gave it one final go. 1:35.170 is all I have. I just cannot comprehend the last sector despite watching replays, plain and simple. :grumpy:

Using G25
Haha wish I could test out a G27

Went from amateur to Sim found .130 in first sector immediately, but having a tougher time at the hairpin

Difference between amateur and Sim feels like you have traction control on.

So amateur I have understeer tendencies
Sim has a lot more control, easier to rotate the car with the oversteer tendencies

Placebo effect. Those settings are only for non 900 degree wheels, read the scrolling text under the menu. Those settings have no effect on the G25, G27, and other 900 degree wheels.

Placebo effect. Those settings are only for non 900 degree wheels, read the scrolling text under the menu. Those settings have no effect on the G25, G27, and other 900 degree wheels.

Give it a try
Go amateur Sim and back to amateur

And tell me you don't notice the rear getting loose easier

I know it Greys out the wheels

But there is definitely a difference in the way the rear handles.

Give it a try
Go amateur Sim and back to amateur

And tell me you don't notice the rear getting loose easier

I know it Greys out the wheels

But there is definitely a difference in the way the rear handles.

I already have, I've tested it out extensively and there is no difference. What you are feeling is purely placebo effect. Besides my testing, the scrolling text also states as much.

EDIT: Ok, just for the sake of argument, I just went and re-tested it and I felt no difference at all between the 3 settings. I can almost guarantee you though I know what is happening and what you are feeling. Every time you leave the event to adjust those settings, the Traction Control gets reset to 7, which would give you the feeling you are describing. Re-do your tests and make sure the TC is set at 0 each time and you will see the feeling you are describing will go away. I've had this same argument before with another member and almost believed it until I noticed that the TC was getting reset (to 5 which was the case at that time) each time I exited the event to change the settings. I have tested and tested these settings with many different cars under all kinds of different conditions and I can assure you that the in-game description is correct, they do not work for 900 degree wheels. So again, check your TC settings and make sure they are on 0. Nothing more than placebo effect if you still believe you are correct.

Last edited:
LOL that's insulting, obviously TC's at zero

I've asked DHolland about this and he's advised me he switches his settings around for whatever works best.

I can take the last corner flat on amateur
Flat on Sim requires so much more corrections in the wheel if you try flat.

Now go try again please...

Just realized you have a G27...

Gained a decent amount but still not where I hoped to be by tonight. I expanded my horizons away from the Academy the past few days, in efforts to build some wheel experience. It was, for the most part, a bad idea. Entering back in earlier today...well, it was a disaster at first, then finally gained a little at a time. It's sad to admit but, this latest time posted is only my second ever TT w/ the MT, so I'm pleased to have been able to gain there...not a total loss. -.4 more and I'd be happy, but doubt I'll put enough time in to get there...I'm ready to move on.

1:37.177 Dan76 Dan-XLR8

Last edited:

I've asked DHolland about this and he's advised me he switches his settings around for whatever works best.

I don't have to try again, like I said, I have tested this many, many times. What you are feeling is purely placebo, nothing more. If you want to believe otherwise, then go ahead, you're only fooling yourself. And just fyi, I have the G27, the G25, and the Fanatec CSR Elite available to test on.

Assuming this is still open, I'd like to chime in with mine.

1:37.960 RACECAR/GTP_RACECAR

1:35.543 FordMKIVJ5 marunda

Was .2 up on previous best T2 and was a whopping .3 slower through the last sector than my best. :ouch:

So ideally I'd be looking for a 1:35.2, but I've had enough of that chicane and since the new round has just gone up, I'll be concentrating on that.

I have a G27
i tried for fun on my last short session and noticed the difference, its less sensitive on amateur, my settings were on pro, never tried to change the setting before, its interresting, you can get full throttle in a tighter turning radius without having to fight as much the oversteer.

Ended with 1:35.064 but still had a little left, just not enought time to drive! goodluck all for the next 2 events :)

I have a G27
i tried for fun on my last short session and noticed the difference, its less sensitive on amateur, my settings were on pro, never tried to change the setting before, its interresting, you can get full throttle in a tighter turning radius without having to fight as much the oversteer.

Ended with 1:35.064 but still had a little left, just not enought time to drive! goodluck all for the next 2 events :)

My guess is on amateur it adds some of the DS3 ( controller ) input filtering.

I have never tried it, make give round 2 one more try.

are you guys sure this isn't some sort of psychological thing?
you think theres a difference therefore you believe there is, these competitions can get quite stressful

are you guys sure this isn't some sort of psychological thing?
you think theres a difference therefore you believe there is, these competitions can get quite stressful

If its a placebo effect then i will use that placebo effect when needed! :lol:

Will countries that are not able to join the gt academy still be able to have a go in the time trial?

@Ratrasta cool it man. Don't derail the thread with off-topic scathing posts. Consider this your friendly warning.

Jerome

New time on this one with a 1:34:516 :D
Absolutely blitzed the first two sectors with a 31:155, 1:04:205 but poor run in the chicane.

Back