2014 Round 2 - Nissan 370Z @ Apricot Hill Raceway *GTP Leaderboard*

  • Thread starter Thread starter hognhominy
  • 516 comments
  • 47,374 views
Argh... I was looking good for a high 1:34.8xx, only to scrub speed on the final turn. The result? 0.002 slower than my best time. :banghead:

A perfect lap for me would be a 1:34.7xx. While I don't expect to achieve that, I'd like to manage a 1:34.8xx before round 3 opens up. Speaking of which, I'd guess at the track being Bathurst or Ascari (I'd easily prefer Bathurst; I don't like Ascari).
 
First go at it today

1.40.080 unduecoronet, controller

I know that's not good and I only scrape to our leader-board but I WILL be faster!
 
Do you think it will be impossible Nurburg at the final round?
 
Hi guys, I haven't had the chance to give it a go since last week, having too much work lately. Today I had some free time and improved my best time so far. I'm around 0.2xx behind the top driver until sector 3 where I lose the whole lap. I feel that I can stand on the 34's but I still need to nail the 🤬 chicane.

1:35:762 Hardyx hardyxx
 
1:35:755 GTP_SniperWolph SniperWolph

Puts me at 804 Globe and 62nd US

My Routine today,


Exercise for 30 mins, drank coffee
light crem'e. Then did a 2 hour stint.

Reminded myself "Don't race the ghost before the turn it's the drive

out of the turn that counts"



Time for work.
 
Last edited:
1:35.939 poor_merlin poor_merlin

My time is about 1.5 secs slower than the world leader's (which is a good achievement for a driver like me), but my ranking is as poor as 1195 at the moment. Amazing competition! There are so many fast guys (and some gals) out there! 👍
 
Anyone watch Ti-tech85's no-ABS lap yet? It's pretty cool. Reminiscent of how pole laps were achieved in F1 circa-1990s/2000s.
 
is there a way to see the sector times? They are for some reason not showing up in the replay.
 
New time of 1:34:605, Had a 602 after it but i didn't register the bugger. Top 10 is a possibility.
Edit: Forget the above time, i'm now in the top 10 baby yeah!! :D
1:34:557 CRANK_U1/CRANK_U1
 
Last edited:
Well done @CRANK_U1, fastest driver now with CRANK in username, also fastest UK player and in worldwide top 10 and most important is faster than pad alien samurai_405. You are no alien but a robot running at high voltage ;).
Keep it up 👍.
 
Last edited:
Well done @CRANK_U1, fastest driver now with CRANK in username, also fastest UK player and in worldwide top 10 and most important is 2nd fastest with analogue stick.

Fixed.

Epic job Crank! Looks like I'll be taking a break from GTA V. ;)
 
Not quite fastest with DS3 lol, Adams up in 7th. I didn't really expect to put in a good time on that lap because i've been in the low 300s on the 2nd sector but i absolutely murdered that chicane and i doubt if i will ever take it as quick again :(
@Doodle Well there goes my 9th place :lol:
 
Not quite fastest with DS3 lol, Adams up in 7th. I didn't really expect to put in a good time on that lap because i've been in the low 300s on the 2nd sector but i absolutely murdered that chicane and i doubt if i will ever take it as quick again :(

I've been in the high .2s :p
 
I'm still having problems with the hairpin so i'm not quite there yet.

It's such a good feeling when you nail it. 👍
 
Fixed.

Epic job Crank! Looks like I'll be taking a break from GTA V. ;)
I decided to fix it for the better, didn't realise Adam_2167 improved so well done to him too, both putting pressure on samurai_405. Will be interesting in final round particularly who will come out on top.
 
I decided to fix it for the better, didn't realise Adam_2167 improved so well done to him too, both putting pressure on samurai_405. Will be interesting in final round particularly who will come out on top.
I noticed he put in a 1:34:605 at 2am, a 595 at 12:40pm and then his final time at 2:15pm so he's been battering it all day lol. I only did an hour today to catch him up again lol.
It's such a good feeling when you nail it. 👍
Deffo :)
 
Losing .3xx in the hairpin it appears
Having trouble consistently getting the rear just loose enough on entry.

Only the occasional fluke I get it right
Frustrated...
 
Slight improvement again with a 1:34:548
1st sector 185 2nd sector 284. If i taken that chicane as good as i did today i would of got ahead of Immortal lol
 
Slight improvement again with a 1:34:548
1st sector 185 2nd sector 284. If i taken that chicane as good as i did today i would of got ahead of Immortal lol
Nice
 
Slight improvement again with a 1:34:548
1st sector 185 2nd sector 284. If i taken that chicane as good as i did today i would of got ahead of Immortal lol
And this is without a wheel?
Holy crap!
 
1:34.909 gm matthew GTP_gmmatthew

So close to a 1:34.8xx, yet so far. Still good enough for 75th in the world and 13th in the UK. :)

I managed a decent T1 and an awesome T2 to give me a 1:04.466 at the second split, easily my fastest yet. However, I was terrified of messing up and I ended up going too slowly in the chicane. If I had mastered the chicane, I would have done a 1:34.7xx. :ouch:

Given that I'm in the UK top 14 outright with just a few days before round 3 opens, I'm half tempted to call this one quits. I'm not too interested in being the quickest in the UK; I just want to qualify for the national finals.
 
Back