2014 Twelve Hours of Sebring

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 411 comments
bad caution. cars dead leave it parked near the wall where it was in the relief area. no need for that and it was decisive at the finish.

I'm glad Ford got the win despite the controversy came with it :indiff:.

I do think the HPD or the A.E Corvette deserved the win much more. That caution was unneeded.

Well, that was almost as much of a farce as Daytona. More pathetic stewarding, more bogus (not to mention extremely long) cautions, and another manufactured finish. I thought it could only improve after Daytona, but clearly I was wrong.

BTW guys, I remember someone saying in the ESM pits that the #01 is going to come out of the pits first? or did they just stayed out? it sounded like they knew they had to give up the win
They stopped just before the 25 min caution for the stalled car.:boggled:

Both #911 and #912 spun out a car without taking penalty. the #912 was to be penalized and somehow the officials penalized the a GTD Porsche ahead of the incident with No explanation or recourse other than -Woops.

Leading into the AusGP in a few hours, I don't know what to expect from the HybridF1's but I can only pray that the race is decided on the track. But its F1 so that factor has already been taken out smh.

Both #911 and #912 spun out a car without taking penalty. the #912 was to be penalized and somehow the officials penalized the a GTD Porsche ahead of the incident with No explanation or recourse other than -Woops.
I'm pretty sure they said the 911 did take a penalty. But still both cars were involved in incidents with running into cars even before they spun the 49.
Guess so, remember the penalty at Daytona which was forgotten.
Are you talking about the plenty at the end because that was reversed.

That's the last race I watch in this series. 👎

Not sure if I'd go that far... Come on now, even with the crappy calls and stupid moves by some of the "racers" it wasn't a half bad race (when it was green anyway)

Wonder how much Porsche America is paying to win two in a row :sly:

It's nice to see someone on equal footing with Corvette now, with full factory support and dollars.. The chink in the armor has been exposed. Should be a fantastic battle all season and you can't count out the BMWS and Vipers.

Positive:

-
Exciting racing in all the classes
-Prototypes now appear to be getting closer to each other in terms of BOP
-Quality field (with the exception of a few)

Negative:

-Too many bogus and stupid crashes that could have been avoided
-Too many cautions as a result of this, and these took WAY too long thanks to stupid caution rules
-Bogus call on the 22 Weathertech GTD Porsche, and frankly embarrassing for the 3 stewards who "assessed" it.

I find it was an improvement from Daytona, still some work to do and some brains to be turned on, but they're getting better.

@Mr.Tim-Tim Oh, I fought they just made the penalty magically vanish.

Did the 22 car get penalized?? For what? That was the car I was rooting for in GTD :(.

It's nice to see someone on equal footing with Corvette now, with full factory support and dollars.. The chink in the armor has been exposed. Should be a fantastic battle all season and you can't count out the BMWS and Vipers.
It has nothing to do with not seeing equal footing, this would hardly be the first time and the Vette would have easily been running for third if it didn't run out of gas under caution and make an emergency pit. Last race Vette didn't have a chance to win because they had major issues that they didn't iron out, but BMW were looking to win it and a helpful caution at the end of the race like this one came out. Same situation here, now Viper with no issues like Daytona is looking to win along with Corvette and yet another end of caution and to write the script even further, Porsche become the only car to pit in the right time. That was my point, if you want to attribute it to my Corvette fan ship that's fine but I'm quite the critical fan and when my team screws up I will admit it and they did mess up at least Gavin did.

Also what chink in the proverbial armor are you talking about? That Corvette Racing has a newer car in use than Porsche and everyone else that isn't perfect yet? Or that other teams when looking as if a win is in the bag have to get stacked up under caution, lose their lead because of a "gimmick" to make the race more exciting?

Last edited:
I guess that makes sense.

It still a shame as I like both series but now it feels like there is little of each series, IMO.

I only watched the first 3 hours. Didn't feel like watching the stream, and from what I can tell, from on here and twitter....

The "race" was awful.

I had a feeling it was going to be awful when a minor incident + a Viper catching fire took 59 minutes to clear up in the first hour of the event.

Back