World Premiere - GTAcademy Round 1 track picture confirmed by Whistle Snap - Post #81

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, if you look at the picture on the game which is much clearer, the grandstands on the top left, you can clearly see fans standing in the upper row and daylight behind them. This has to be an unusual feature isolated to a few tracks on the front straight, directly in front of the pits.

Remember, if you look at the picture on the game which is much clearer, the grandstands on the top left, you can clearly see fans standing in the upper row and daylight behind them. This has to be an unusual feature isolated to a few tracks on the front straight, directly in front of the pits.
That's not daylight behind them. That's glass in front of them.

As I thought last night, Dubai would make a bit more sense because as Famine wrote in this news article “It’s been the baptism of every GT Academy winner so far and the 2013 winners have got their careers off to a flyer in the 2014 Dubai 24 Hours”, it would tie in to the Academy more than Interlagos. Also it would give us players a chance to experience what the winners do in their big debut.

Nothing wrong this Interlagos, but that should be part of the future Senna content and not a “kill two birds with one stone” deal. But knowing how they operate...:boggled:

I have to say what IGNAI has pointed out is exactly what I saw at first glance. That tall building stands out and has such a similar design to the one in the Gran Turismo picture. I took it a step further and watched on-board Youtube videos of Interlagos and Nurburgring GP and don’t see that building in visual range. It sticks out like a sore thumb in the GT pit garage pic but not on the track? At Dubai, it's quite easy to see a similar building close to the track.

Also, the garage openings look big enough to fit one car thought unlike at Interlagos which seem larger to fit two as shown by diegorborges. It would be nice to see through the Leaf’s front end to see if there is red paint on the bottom of those pillars as also seen in the Dubai picture.

Edit: Plus I don't see any fence like dividers in diegorborges's pictures, just solid concrete.

That's not daylight behind them. That's glass in front of them.
Yes I believe you're right. It looks like there's a couple of glass sections then an open section to the right before it's covered by the graphic. That's also an identifying feature.

For the last time... It's NOT Dubai.

1389420756-dunlop-24hour-dubai-endurance-pit-lane-action-_3647720.jpg

It's not the Nurburgring though. The GT Academy picture, you can clearly see glass enclosures above the grandstand seats. The Nurburgring doesn't have that.

granturismo6_26ofy09.png

The track in the Academy shot is the Nurburgring - but it seems updated as the mesh is red instead of black and a building has sprouted up behind the grandstand.

or maybe it's an old pit garage scene like the ones seen in Prologue / GT5 revived?

granturismo6_26ofy09.png

The track in the Academy shot is the Nurburgring - but it seems updated as the mesh is red instead of black and a building has sprouted up behind the grandstand.

or maybe it's an old pit garage scene like the ones seen in Prologue / GT5 revived?

Crap.

Tell him what he's won @Johnnypenso!

There's something else I have noticed. Sorry I have to post both picture's again. In the real-life photo, the top left corner of the building has some sort of -window- with vertical beam's. In the in-game photo, you can see the same area in a darker shade, indicating an embossed area, or whatever it is, it's clearly deeper than the building side surface. It's the same size too. You also have to remember the in-game photo isn't as hi-res as the real one.
_or_7967-45.jpg

gt-academy2-jpg.143158

I honestly don't understand how you can't see the Dubai stand is way, way higher than the one in the GTA pic. It's not even close.

Just a small detail....when have you ever known PD to get things like this exact. Could be just due to the angle of the pic also. Who knows. I do know this though. After reading through this thread and if it turns out to be a certain track, some people here are going to look mighty stupid/foolish. :lol: The way they vehemently deny it to be a certain track like they are the all knowing is going to be pretty epic when/if it turns out to be that track. :mischievous::lol:

In recent years they've been VERY accurate with their tracks. I highly doubt they would model a grandstand so badly.

In recent years they've been VERY accurate with their tracks. I highly doubt they would model a grandstand so badly.

Yes, with the track itself, but not so much with some of the other details in some instances. At any rate and like I said, who really knows. I'm certainly not going to pretend like I know which track it is, its going to be interesting to find out though. ;)

Do you have any examples? Most of them look pretty spot on to me, in every major detail.

:confused: It's the Nurburgring.

Impossible to get the pit garage angle but everything matches.

untitled-15cyw9.jpg
Well done @Whistle Snap ...I'll update the OP accordingly:tup:👍

Everyone please note that I said the "track picture" was revealed, not the track. It's quite possible PD never expected us to figure out what track was used for the picture (as if!!) and so just took a picture of the Leaf at what they though was a good looking pit stall and it may be an entirely different track altogether used for the event.

Last edited:
Not to muddy the waters too much, but what if the Academy pic is a composit?

The Nurb GP course would be a great one to include anywhere in the competition, but maybe PD are dropping a few hints here.

Not to muddy the waters too much, but what if the Academy pic is a composit?

The Nurb GP course would be a great one to include anywhere in the competition, but maybe PD are dropping a few hints here.
A composit of what and what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back