2015/16 Premier League & General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 2,443 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started a thread on this years Copa America, which starts in a few days, please check it out :)

Liverpool have signed Danny Ings from Burnley.

I would have thought if they needed another striker, it would be one who could carry them further up the table, not make up the numbers in the League Cup.

Hang on mate, Danny Ings scored 11 goals in his first season in the Premier league last season and he is only 22 years old, he might not be top class now but give him a year or two and he could be one of the best strikers in the league, plus I'll make a prediction and say he will get 15 goals in all comps next season....

Liverpool have made two free signings thus far and they are both good players..

Its between Bilic and Bielsa for the West Ham job, Bilic is currently out of the job and Bielsa has yet to sign a new deal at Marseille, appointment expected in the next 48 hours, West Ham's season starts early with Europa League qualifiers in mid July...

I seriously doubt that he'll develop into a world beater sitting on Liverpool's bench.
Behind who exactly? Sturridge spends his days injured and the rest of them don't score goals.

He got more goals than any Liverpool players last season, he won't be a benchwarmer.

Somewhat bummed that Spurs missed out on him, but in reality he was most likely going to be number 2 to Lord Kane. Spurs looking at Anthony Martial, who I only know is a Fifa 14 legend, don't know much else about him.

Behind who exactly?
Behind Sturridge obviously.

Ings is hardly and upgrade over the likes of Balotelli and Borini. They also have Origi coming in, and there is the possibility they will sign an actual quality striker.

Lambert and Borini will be going I think....

If Liverpool need a top class striker then Darren Bent has been let go by Villa ;)

.....Err, actually ignore that, just found out he has joined Derby permanently...

I don't know why people are surprised that Darren Bent has joined Derby, the club he's been at on loan for the last six months. He said weeks ago that he will move there permanently, even when they sacked McClaren it was constantly reported that he will join managerless Derby.

There are too many short memories knocking about.

Celtic to reintroduce terracing

An area for 2,600 supporters will be accommodated, which also includes rail seating; essentially thinner chairs built into the terracing rows:

red_rail_seats_405.jpg

I love terracing at a football game. Sitting down is so boring.

Last edited:
Slaven Bilic appointed new West Ham boss and signs a three year deal.

John Carver leaves Newcastle and they are expected to appoint Steve McClaren in the next 48 hours..

Paris Saint Germain wants to pay €125 million for Ronaldo.

Ridiculous.

Is PSG big enough to get that money back, like Real did with just merchandise? I highly doubt it.

Paris Saint Germain wants to pay €125 million for Ronaldo.

Ridiculous.

Is PSG big enough to get that money back, like Real did with just merchandise? I highly doubt it.
They are the same team that paid €50m for David Luiz so I'm not too surprised.

PSG will be in the Bayern/Barca bracket of top teams sooner rather than later, and they also have one of the coolest, most iconic jerseys around. I believe they would easily make it on merchandise.

Granted, I don't see why Ronaldo would leave...

Steve McClaren new Newcastle boss signing a three year deal, good luck to him....he'll need it!!

Swansea sign Ghana international striker Andre Ayew on a free..

West Ham sign Sampdoria midfielder Pedro Obiang for an undisclosed fee..

....and this years Summer transfer window is officially open!....

Our latest casualty. Number eight is Stuary Gray. Bit of an odd one; Sheffield Wednesday certainly hadn't been scoring a lot of goals but they weren't playing very badly to me, as an outsider. What does @Famine make of his club's managerial circus? Not too long ago that sourpusses Megson and Jones were in charge. I have to imagine they have an immediate successor in mind.

MANAGER WATCH

9th May - Lee Clark (Blackpool, resigned) League One
12th May - Paul Cook (Chesterfield, moves to Portsmouth) League One
24th May - Sam Allerdyce (West Ham United, contract expiration) Premier League
25th May - Steve McClaren (Derby County, sacked) Championship
25th May - Nigel Clough (Sheffield United, sacked) League One
28th May - John Sheridan (Plymouth Argyle, sacked) League Two

5th June - Slaviša Jokanović (Watford, contract expiration) Premier League
11th June - Stuart Gray (Sheffield Wednesday, sacked) Championship

Our latest casualty. Number eight is Stuary Gray. Bit of an odd one; Sheffield Wednesday certainly hadn't been scoring a lot of goals but they weren't playing very badly to me, as an outsider. What does @Famine make of his club's managerial circus? Not too long ago that sourpusses Megson and Jones were in charge. I have to imagine they have an immediate successor in mind.
No idea. We were bobbins at scoring all season long though - only the three relegated sides were worse and 6 more goals across the season would have seen us in the playoffs...

I suspect it's new owner, new manager syndrome. Whichever munchkin Mandaric sold us to has decided that he should make a name for himself with an immediate top level decision.

I wouldn't bet against John Sheridan, incidentally.

Two bits of Barcelona news that you may have missed, Dani Alves has signed a new two year deal at the club, which is a good move as he had arguably one of his best seasons at the club last season, and they have also sign Sevilla midfielder Aleix Vidal but he wont join until the January window as there is still a transfer ban at Barca and it wont be completed until then..

I wouldn't bet against John Sheridan, incidentally.

Ah, the old "ex-player taking the reigns". I think the list of former player-turned manager failures stretches from here to Jupiter. It would be a big step up for him but he's done okay in Leagues One and Two.

I'm thinking Nigel Clough or Lee Clark. This is Sheffield Wednesday; nothing too ambitious.

Celtic to reintroduce terracing

An area for 2,600 supporters will be accommodated, which also includes rail seating; essentially thinner chairs built into the terracing rows:

red_rail_seats_405.jpg

I love terracing at a football game. Sitting down is so boring.
Football has never been the same since it's been made harder to pee in the hood of the guy in front of you.

Memphis Depay just signed a 4 year contract with Manchester United. They paid €27.5 million.

F8A616CBB9954FF98410857C88825BB4.ashx

Now let's see how good of a player he really is, and how much van Gaal can make him even better.

Man United also interested in signing Tottenham's Harry Kane...

Not so long ago £50 million would get you Zidane or Figo and now its gets you Sterling or Kane....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back