2015/16 Premier League & General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 2,443 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if they're not immediately at the top of the league come August the fans might get into a bit of a flap, @Jack

Swansea have appointed James Beattie as first team coach working under Monk, he had a spell as Accrington boss and Garry Monk knows him from his playing days at Southampton..

Wigan and West Brom in talks of Wigan's winger James Mclean.

And in case you missed it, Zinedine Zidane has said that Real Madrid are interested in Paul Pogba and as we have learnt in the past, once Real declare interest in someone they usually get him...

EDIT, some breaking news!, Chelsea agree deal with Monaco to sign Radamel Falcao!...

Last edited:
Swansea have appointed James Beattie as first team coach working under Monk, he had a spell as Accrington boss and Garry Monk knows him from his playing days at Southampton..

Wigan and West Brom in talks of Wigan's winger James Mclean.

And in case you missed it, Zinedine Zidane has said that Real Madrid are interested in Paul Pogba and as we have learnt in the past, once Real declare interest in someone they usually get him...

EDIT, some breaking news!, Chelsea agree deal with Monaco to sign Radamel Falcao!...

Glad to see Falcao going to Chelsea, let's see them win the league playing every game with 10 men.

He'll be on the bench most games but if he returns to his old self he'll virtually guarantee Chelsea another title.

20 goals minimum if he's at Chelsea. He will fit their style far more than he ever did at United.

I'm not so sure. I know why Mourinho/the board made the move for a second striker, mainly the issue of Diego Costa's fitness. Maybe Mourinho is considering two strikers in the formation? They worked together at Atletico in the past right? Could potentially work, though I can't see Mourinho using that much of an attacking formation.

OPENING DAY FIXTURES

Premier League
Arsenal vs West Ham United
Bournemouth vs Aston Villa
Chelsea vs Swansea City
Everton vs Watford
Leicester City vs Sunderland
Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur
Newcastle United vs Southampton
Norwich City vs Crystal Palace
Stoke City vs Liverpool
West Bromwich Albion vs Manchester City

Championship
Birmingham City vs Reading
Blackburn Rovers vs Wolverhampton Wanderers
Bolton Wanderers vs Derby County
Brentford vs Ipswich Town
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest
Cardiff City vs Fulham
Charlton Athletic vs Queen's Park Rangers
Hull City vs Huddersfield Town
Leeds United vs Burnley
Preston North End vs Middlesbrough
Rotherham United vs Milton Keynes Dons
Sheffield Wednesday vs Bristol City

League One
Burton Albion vs Scunthorpe United
Chesterfield vs Barnsley
Colchester United vs Blackpool
Coventry City vs Wigan Athletic
Crewe Alexandrea vs Port Vale
Doncaster Rovers vs Bury
Fleetwood Town vs Southend United
Gillingham vs Sheffield United
Rochdale vs Peterborough
Shrewsbury Town vs Millwall
Swindon Town vs Bradford City
Walsall vs Oldham

League Two
Accrington Stanley vs Luton Town
Bristol Rovers vs Northampton Town
Cambridge United vs Newport County
Exeter City vs Yeovil Town
Hartlepool United vs Morcambe
Leyton Orient vs Barnet
Mansfield Town vs Carlisle United
Oxford United vs Crawley Town
Portsmouth vs Dagenham & Redbridge
Stevenage vs Notts County
Wimbledon vs Plymouth Argyle
Wycombe Wanderers vs York City

Just saw L'Pools first set of Away games... Seriously? How does that combination even happen?!

Stoke vs Liverpool is followed up with... Stoke vs Liverpool.

It's 6-1 from the first leg. Let's see if they can turn it around.

Stoke vs Liverpool is followed up with... Stoke vs Liverpool.

It's 6-1 from the first leg. Let's see if they can turn it around.
Let's hope for amother 6-1, then a drubbing by new boys Bournemouth. :lol:

Have seen Liverpool's first few away games and Rodgers is now favourite for the sack with some bookies, all I can say about this is....goodbye Brendan!!

Swansea sign left back Franck Tabanou from Saint Ettiene

Spurs sign right back Kieran Trippier from Burnley

And Liverpool sign 18 year old defender Joe Gomez from Charlton on a five year deal for £3.5 million.

We did need a left back as cover for Taylor but now we have signed Tabanou it could mean that Taylor leaves, he has been linked with a move for about a year now, could go for around £3-5 million...

@Classic

Rangers vs Celtic, Ibrox, 1920

CIDRscXWcAAos1O.jpg:large

Norwich sign West Brom midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu on a two year deal.

Juventus sign Mario Mandzukic from Atletico Madrid for an initial £13.7million on a four year deal, looks like he will replace Tevez who is set to go back home and re-join Boca Juniors, both Juve and Boca have been in talks the last few days.

West Ham are to play a team from Andorra (cant remember their name) in the first round of the Europe League qualifying round, the first leg is on July 2nd which is just three weeks away!

Also I have set up a thread for the Euro u21 championship, no one has replied apart from me so if you can please check it out then that'll be great 👍

Yes it is!, its next Thursday, no idea where I got three weeks from!

Southampton has signed Maarten Stekelenburg on loan for a year.

I hope he can work his way up to be first goalie and show everyone he shouldn't be a reserve.

He's wasted at Fulham. The new van der Sar he isn't; van der Sar kept Fulham away from relegation, at least.

Ah, but (I know that it's 5 years ago) at the 2010 WC he was pretty much king of the goal.

I just know that if he gets the chance he can go back to the top again. His talent is getting wasted by putting him as reserve.

Edit.

Petr Cech signed with Arsenal.

Southampton has signed Maarten Stekelenburg on loan for a year.

I hope he can work his way up to be first goalie and show everyone he shouldn't be a reserve.
I can't see him displacing Forster tbh...

I can't see him displacing Forster tbh...

Forster is crocked. He won't be anywhere near the team until at least Christmas, probably longer. Kelvin Davis stepped in for the last few games of the season and while he's a great keeper, at 37 he's not in the first flourish of youth so Stekelenburg is a pretty good signing.

Even so, Southampton let Artur Boruc move to Bournemouth permanently. I thought if Forster was injured he might stay for the first team football. But then, it's two Dutchies in Koeman and Stekelenburg teaming up.

Ah, I forgot about Forster's injury. Loaning Stekelenburg makes sense now. I'd have him above Boruc and Davis...

Boruc joined Bournemouth a little while ago after spending last season on loan with them...

Apparently Spurs are getting 21 million for Paulinho!:lol:

Also,

FB_IMG_1435334914120.jpg

Last edited:
I would like a De Gea-Ramos deal that everyone is talking about...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back