2015-2016 FA Cup

• Thread starter Famine
  • 130 comments
Fourth Round draw is on around 7.15pm, its on the One Show, weirdly!

All the third round replays are on Tuesday the 19th with the exception of Liverpool-Exeter which is the 20th, don't which of those games will be televised, the postponed Newport-Blackburn game is on the 19th.

Arsenal - Burnley
Bury or Bradford City - Hull City
Carlisle United or Yeovil Town - Everton
Colchester United - Tottenham Hotspur or Leicester City
Crystal Palace - Stoke City
Derby County - Manchester United
Eastleigh or Bolton Wanderers - Leeds United
Exeter City or Liverpool - West Ham United
Huddersfield Town or Reading - Walsall
Ipswich Town or Portsmouth - Bournemouth
Northampton Town or MK Dons - Chelsea
Nottingham Forest - Watford
Oxford United - Newport County or Blackburn Rovers
Shrewsbury Town - Sheffield Wednesday
West Bromwich Albion or Bristol City - Peterborough United
Wycombe Wanderers or Aston Villa - Manchester City

Home to Burnley. Great draw for us.

Derby against United will be interesting t see if United can proceed against a team one tier above their last opponents.

Northampton/MK vs Chelsea is an interesting one. Northampton is literally about 15 miles away, MK not too much further. I'd love to see one of them two really take it to Chelsea.

Northampton/MK vs Chelsea is an interesting one. Northampton is literally about 15 miles away, MK not too much further. I'd love to see one of them two really take it to Chelsea.

Chelsea are starting to play now. Unsurprising given that the players succeeded in their quest to oust Mourinho. They'll smash whomever they face.

If you want to see Chelsea then get your tickets ASAP! Normally tickets against the top teams get sold out really quick.

If you want to see Chelsea then get your tickets ASAP! Normally tickets against the top teams get sold out really quick.
The replay probably needs to happen before tickets go on sale.
I don't envy Carlisle fans right now, having to travel to Yeovil for a midweek game. Just the buzillion mile round trip.

Chelsea are starting to play now. Unsurprising given that the players succeeded in their quest to oust Mourinho. They'll smash whomever they face.

Yeah, Chelsea is looking a little bit better every game. Hope we can save this season with the FA Cup :ill:.

So the third round replays start tomorrow, BT are showing a game but it weirdly doesn't say which one on their website, one of the games tomorrow include Villa v Wycombe so it might be that....or Bolton v Eastleigh, on Wednesday BBC have got Leicester v Spurs on BBC One.

As for the Fourth Round, most of the games that have been picked for TV are waiting on replays like Colchester v Leicester/Spurs, Exeter/Liverpool v West Ham and Northampton/MK Dons v Chelsea will be shown.

One of the games not waiting on a replay is Derby v Man United on the Friday night, this games means that every FA Cup game involving United has been televised since 2005...

Seriously? Since 2005? Damn, I do feel sorry for people who support smaller clubs like mid table championship sides but live maybe 100 miles away because tyoud never get their games on TV or if you do it 1/2 games a year.

I was a bit shocked at that too, I thought it was only the last few years that we had every cup game televised but not a run that lasts 11 years!

Villa beat Wycombe 2-0 (four unbeaten for them now), Bury needed penalties to beat Bradford, Carlisle also needed penalties to beat Yeovil, West Brom had a narrow 0-1 win away to Bristol City in the TV game on BT, MK Dons get a home tie to Chelsea in the fourth round after beating Northampton 3-0, elsewhere there were wins for Portsmouth, Reading and Bolton who beat the last non-league team left in Eastleigh 3-2, also Blackburn beat Newport 1-2 in the postponed third round game.

Tomorrow is Leicester v Tottenham on BBC One and Liverpool v Exeter....not on BBC one!

I read about Man United's TV run online, it goes back to a replay against Exeter in the 3rd round, the 0-0 wasn't shown. How times change, eh? Now they get a 0-0 on TV almost every week :lol:

Spurs beat Leicester 0-2 and Liverpool beat Exeter 3-0, Son and Chadli for Spurs and Allen, Ojo and Texiera for the Pool

Fourth Round is this weekend, the TV games are.....Derby v Man United on BBC One with a 7.55pm KO on Friday Night, Colchester v Tottenham on BT at 12.45pm on Saturday, Liverpool v West Ham on BT at 5.30pm on Saturday, Carlisle v Everton on BBC at 1.30pm on Sunday and finally MK Dons v Chelsea on BBC at 4pm on BBC also on Sunday, all the other games are 3pm KO's on Saturday and there are no games on Monday Night.

Even though this is being shown live on the Tele, I think I'll record it for later. I've been having trouble getting sleep recently, chances are this will do a great job of remedying that. :sly:

Edit: Maybe not...

Last edited:
Good win last night, the away support was fantastic, didn't stop singing 👍

Colchester v Tottenham on now, Poch has made a few changes but its still a strong team, Kane starts and is captain.

Edit: Lovely finish by Chadli, 0-1 to the Spurs!

Last edited:
Well done to Shrewsbury on being today giant killers, they beat Sheffield Wednesday 3-2....Sorry Famine!

Well done to Shrewsbury on being today giant killers, they beat Sheffield Wednesday 3-2....Sorry Famine!
Not that you'd know from looking at the sports pages. It's all about Arsenal getting through and Man City scoring four...

Apparently we're the team no-one ever talks about...

Not that you'd know from looking at the sports pages. It's all about Arsenal getting through and Man City scoring four...

Apparently we're the team no-one ever talks about...
I see from the highlights on MOTD that you were seriously robbed. 2-2 in injury time an a guy gets molested in the box and the penalty waved off, only to have Shrewsbury run down the other end and score...

I'm noticing a common theme with your posts...
The indigo thing? It's taken you a while...
I see from the highlights on MOTD that you were seriously robbed. 2-2 in injury time an a guy gets molested in the box and the penalty waved off, only to have Shrewsbury run down the other end and score...
Yet as a team 1 division and 38 places higher, we shouldn't be in a position to have a single piece of misfortune in the 97th minute lose us the game.

Everyone has bad luck every now and then. In a match like that one, it shouldn't matter.

Fifth Round draw is on later at around 6.15pm, after the MK Dons-Chelsea game, Everton beating Carlisle 0-2 right now.

Edit, Everton now 0-3 up and cruising...

Last edited:
Fifth round draw

Chelsea v Man City
Reading v West Brom/Peterborough
Watford v Leeds
Shrewsbury v Man United
Blackburn v Liverpool/West Ham
Tottenham v Crystal Palace
Arsenal v Hull
Bournemouth v Everton

Ties to take place between 19th-22nd February.

Both fourth round replays take place on Tuesday the 9th.

The replays are this week, West Ham v Liverpool on BT on Tuesday and Peterborough v West Brom on BBC One on Wednesday.

No surprise to learn that Chelsea v Man City is a TV game on Sunday afternoon, City are angry with the scheduling of it though as they have a Champions League game against Dynamo Kiev three days later, also no surprise that Shrewsbury v Man United has been picked for TV on a Monday night, don't know which channels yet.

Back