2015-2016 FA Cup

• Thread starter Famine
  • 130 comments
Beautiful delivery met with the perfect header of Ogbonna in the last minute to win it. Silly foul to give away by Lucas in the start.

Quite enjoyed the Baggies-Posh game. Samuelson looks quite a player but full of praise goes to Bostwick and Zakuani, saving them conceding a couple of times.

I didn't see ET, but for most of regulation time Peterborough looked the better team. Shame to go out in penalties after that.

FA Cup fifth round

Saturday
Arsenal v Hull (12.45 BT)
Bournemouth v Everton (5.15 BBC One)
Reading v West Brom
Watford v Leeds

Sunday
Blackburn v West Ham (2pm BT)
Chelsea v Man City (4pm BBC)
Tottenham v Crystal Palace

Monday Night
Shrewsbury v Man United (7.45 BT)

Well done to Reading for knocking out West Brom, they won 3-1, Watford beat Leeds 1-0, Hull somehow managed to get a replay out against Arsenal despite Arsenal dominating throughout.

Bad day for West Brom got worse when after the game Chris Brunt was on his way to give his shirt to a youngster in the crowd when he was hit by a coin...that was thrown from his own fans!

West Ham beat Blackburn 1-5, Blackburn had Taylor sent off for two yellows early in the second half when WHU were 1-2 up and it was pretty much game over from there, currently Spurs 0-1 Palace, Kelly with the goal.

Lastly Chelsea-Man City just kicked off and the City team picked by Pellegrini is shocking, so many kids playing that I never heard of, City play in the CL in midweek and then the League Cup final on Sunday, you can see he is prioritising them over the FA Cup.

All Chelsea right now but the youngsters did well in the first half, quarter final draw is from 6pm.

Edit: Chelsea now 4-1, great free kick from Hazard.

---------------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup quarter final draw

Reading v Crystal Palace
Everton v Chelsea
Arsenal/Hull v Watford
Shrewsbury/Man United v West Ham

Last edited:
All Chelsea right now but the youngsters did well in the first half, quarter final draw is from 6pm.

Edit: Chelsea now 4-1, great free kick from Hazard.

---------------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup quarter final draw

Reading v Crystal Palace
Everton v Chelsea
Arsenal/Hull v Watford
Shrewsbury/Man United v West Ham

We've been very lucky with our draw to be honest :lol: . If we take it seriously we should win it again.

And one point it was going well :(

received_227392480939448.jpeg

We've been very lucky with our draw to be honest :lol: . If we take it seriously we should win it again.
Not being able to score at home to Hull doesn't seem like we're taking it that seriously.
People have been on about Arsenal's fixtures for a while but they haven't been too lucky. Man United away last season and Spurs, Liverpool and Everton the season before isn't too easy.

Not being able to score at home to Hull doesn't seem like we're taking it that seriously.
People have been on about Arsenal's fixtures for a while but they haven't been too lucky. Man United away last season and Spurs, Liverpool and Everton the season before isn't too easy.

The season before was very tough, last season was ok, but I agree this season we've been lucky, love to see people fuming about it and saying it's because of the Emirates sponsorship :lol:

the City team picked by Pellegrini is shocking, so many kids playing that I never heard of, City play in the CL in midweek and then the League Cup final on Sunday, you can see he is prioritising them over the FA Cup.
At least they actually put out a team...

@sems4arsenal that's another home tie for Arsenal so it is very lucky! :lol:

God knows what's going to happen in the United game tonight, I'm not predicting anything, I just don't want to embarrass ourselves any further!

Routine win tonight, was a bit of a relief to be honest!, on to Thursday now...

I'll wait to pass judgement on City etc until full time at Shrewsbury.
If I were a Manchester United fan I'd not be passing judgement on how any other club treats the FA Cup.

Hull v Arsenal replay is next Tuesday, there was some debate about how they could fit it in as both clubs are in a hectic schedule right now and the replay takes place a few days before the sixth round starts, the kick-off time is a little weird as it clashes with the Champions League matches and UEFA rules say that top level domestic games cant kick-off at the same time as UCL matches so the game has a 7pm kick-off time rather than the usual 7.45 or 8pm time, no idea if it is televised but if it is BBC is the best bet as BT has the Champions League games.

Hull v Arsenal replay is next Tuesday, there was some debate about how they could fit it in as both clubs are in a hectic schedule right now and the replay takes place a few days before the sixth round starts, the kick-off time is a little weird as it clashes with the Champions League matches and UEFA rules say that top level domestic games cant kick-off at the same time as UCL matches so the game has a 7pm kick-off time rather than the usual 7.45 or 8pm time, no idea if it is televised but if it is BBC is the best bet as BT has the Champions League games.

I bet BT won't be best pleased if BBC show it and it's clashing with Champions League.

I missed a thriller - 4-0 to Arsenal! Better late getting into the quarter-finals than never, I guess.

Good win for the Arsenal, Theo did well in the second half after a disaster of a first half (and a whole season to be honest). Injuries to Gabriel and Ramsey are a concern though :(

FA Cup sixth round games this weekend

Friday Night
Reading v Crystal Palace (7.55pm, BBC1)

Saturday
Everton v Chelsea (5.30pm BBC1)

Sunday
Arsenal v Watford (1.30 BT)
Man United v West Ham (4pm BT)

Remaining contenders for worst FA Cup team are:
Barrow (Everton chain)
Brentford (Crystal Palace chain)
Bristol Rovers (Arsenal chain)
Fulham (Manchester United chain)
QPR (Watford chain)
Swansea City (West Ham chain)

While contender for worst decision ever is "sell Romelu Lukaku".

Arsenal 0-0 Watford, 20 minutes in, Arsenal have a strong team out, as do Watford.

Didn't see the Everton-Chelsea game yesterday but heard about all the controversy.

Watford just scored!, Ighalo in the 50th minute!

Arsenal 0-1 Watford....

Back