2015 ADAC Zurich 24 Hours of Nurburgring

The yellow Glickenhaus (#40) will not take part in the race after the accident in Qualifying 1 yesterday. The are not able to repair the car on trackside.

Well, sprained my ankle yesterday, swollen quite badly, didn't stop me walkjng out to swedenkreuz and back, but I missed equally last night as I opted to go back to the tent and put it up. Might spend most of today in the relative comfort of the GP circuit.

Weather this morning.. foggy.

I never thought Kaz would be caught dead racing anything other than a Nissan [GT-R]. Grouped with Chris Harris, I am especially interested in seeing how his team does. I'm assuming those german brothers or whoever they were that ran the GT-R team aren't with him, yes?

Apparently Kaz is not driving in the N24 this year. He drove the Aston during VLNs (shorter races, always on the Nordschleife) and he was in the official entry list, but there should've been a last-minute change. German brothers (Schulze motorsport) are racing their GT-R as usual, and J.Tresson is in their team, which if I'm not wrong is one of the GT Academy winners.

Also how is it possible to do that [with a Porsche]? I mean don't you need to do one of those qualifying races to actually race in the 24? I know they do that partly because they want drivers "broken in" with shorter races, and partly because they can't possibly admit every single team interested. Still, that is quite an interesting story, and is part of why I really love racing series like this one, since smaller teams can still race without needly to be grotesquely rich. Still need to be rich, but not rich rich.

I'm sure there are more people in here able to give you more specific information about this. I think the rule about qualifying races is more about drivers, they need to do a certain amount of VLNs before being eligible for the N24, just to be a bit experienced. In that case, they were all well experienced. Basically every car is eligible, then race officials put every car into its class. If there isn't one, they create it (Glickenhaus cars for example, they always got their own class). You can see a lot of "strange" cars every year, and that's just one of the reasons why this race is so special. For example you can see cars like this tank, an Audi A8 :):
May-19-20-2012-Nurburgring-24h-Race-8049.jpg

Thanks @TuomaZ , it works :).

Florian Strauss is on the same car as Jordan Tresson - 2 GT Academy winners with the Schulze brothers.

Just watched the first WTCC race at Nürburgring on Eurosport, and the Swedish commentator seemed to be more interested in the 24 hour race than in the WTCC race. Too bad Eurosport is not broadcasting it...

British Eurosport was its usual self with Motor Mouth and Neal.

Haven and Neal were sat eating at the 1/2 metre bratwurst stand yesterday evening as I was walking back to the campsite, I wanted to go over and say Hi, but then I realised I wouldn't have anything nice to say to either of them!

Back