2015 Dodge Challenger

• Thread starter Slash
  • 692 comments
I applaud Chrysler for keeping the iconic shape and look of the Challenger. I'd like to see it stay around for as long as the 911. Doesnt matter to me if the car hasnt sold as much as the Mustang and Camaro. They are doing their own thing.
I'm digging those colors and packages. Are there any race versions in the Pirelli Challenge or Continental series? I could see it as a V8 SUPERCAR :)
I already told you, no coupes! :P

NASCAR though...

nascar_1LR.jpg

I applaud Chrysler for keeping the iconic shape and look of the Challenger. I'd like to see it stay around for as long as the 911. Doesnt matter to me if the car hasnt sold as much as the Mustang and Camaro. They are doing their own thing.
I'm digging those colors and packages. Are there any race versions in the Pirelli Challenge or Continental series? I could see it as a V8 SUPERCAR :)

Nope there are none that race, Chrysler's homoligated operations car is the GT3 Viper that is it.

while i love the look of it, i thought the Challenger looks less agile than the new Mustang and Camaro, wish they'd made the Challenger more aerodynamic and sleek. It looks off when comparing 3 of them side by side, Challenger looks like the most bulky, overweight one.

What they need to do is scrap this body style in 2-3 years and start fresh like Ford did with the Mustang but keep a few retro cues. Chevy's done their facelifts well enough that they don't have to worry about it for a while.

Eventually, I'd like to see Dodge do up a new Challenger with absolutely NOTHING in common with previous generations, similarly to how the Fox Body looks nothing like a 1965 Mustang.

I think its fine. It's one of the few cars that pulls off the retro thing nicely. Change it too much and it just won't be the same.

What they need to do is scrap this body style in 2-3 years and start fresh like Ford did with the Mustang but keep a few retro cues. Chevy's done their facelifts well enough that they don't have to worry about it for a while.

Eventually, I'd like to see Dodge do up a new Challenger with absolutely NOTHING in common with previous generations, similarly to how the Fox Body looks nothing like a 1965 Mustang.
They should design the new one closer enough to the original challenger and make it sleeker while keeping the face similar to the 2015.

I think its fine. It's one of the few cars that pulls off the retro thing nicely. Change it too much and it just won't be the same.
Not now obviously. In a few years. The retro thing is getting stale after being around for so long.

The Challenger looks more under-tyred because of its design. I agree, I wish it were sleek like the original but, that 300 chassis won't (or Chrysler designers won't) allow it to.

Then they need to go back to the drawing board and totally redesign it for the next generation Challenger.

Think of it like the Beetle, or maybe the Mini Cooper. You can't change those cars too much from their original shape or they lose their signature likeness. People see the current Challenger and they know exactly what it is. When it comes to this car, retro is still in.

The same could be said about anyone who owns a new Mustang or Camaro for that matter.

Wow, that looks really really good. I think I favor that over the new Mustang and current Camaro as far as styling goes. 👍

True, but then really we've had 12 years (roughly) of the same body style of this if you count the orginals and even more if you count Plymouths. I'm not complaining, because I like it, I'd just like to see somethig new.

This thread is about the Challenger but, I look at the three current designs of Mustang and I like the '05 version best. The '13 Mustang looks more muscular and I love the tailights and headlights. As far as retro, the '05 looks complete. The Bullit version is the best to me.
Chrysler would have to figure a way of lowering the shoulder height to get that '70s style. Until I see the '15 Mustang on the street, Ford look to have lowered that shoulder line to make the car seem lower than the '13 model's offroad height. The Challenger would be awesome if Chrysler could fit some 305 section tyres all around like the Camaro.

Oh, and I'd have that blue CHALLENGER in off white for the record :)
2015-dodge-challenger_100464358_m.jpg

okay, i just watched this. I'll take that Scat Pack delete the sunroof please.

Last edited:
I don't know how they did it but they have made the challenger even more badass. A true aggressive looking muscle car.

:lol:

Tried to watch that video, it plays sound, no video though. :(
What made me laugh though... First line of audio "most cars are in a sales decline in their fifth year."
Could be true but not a great way to instill confidence in buyers.

There is a new challenger commercial with old people as their spokespersons...that also doesn't make me want a car like the challenger. It's not a bad wisdom type advert, but then it does get creepy and when the old people are so close to the camera even creepier...I'll try to find the video.

Last edited:
Well, my mother will be 75yo in October. She bought one of the first 300C Hemis in May '04. She just bought a JUKE NISMO after a few months owning the Base JUKE. She told me, this has a turbo but, why oh why did I sell my HEMI.

Based on a vast sum of anecdotal evidence, the only people that buy Challengers are old Vietnam vets and college sorority girls.

I wish the Challenger wasn't so skinny looking from the back. It's too vertical. The original was a masterpiece of horizontality, the new one is a bit muddled.

I actually saw a Challenger in partial camo cold weather testing in Ann Arbor yesterday. I wonder if it was this facelift or something else not yet revealed.
I actually think it looks lower than the previous model. The car is very large and tall either way so they have to get tricky to make it look low.

This is one of the reasons I hate modern cars. 40 years they got the same update within a year now it takes 7 years to get one.
Don't hate modern cars, hate capitalism. Forty years ago American car companies didn't have foreign competition so they could splurge for cheap and it was virtually guaranteed tons of people would buy it. Because those people didn't have many other choices. But now the choices are numerous, market shares are smaller and spread between all the companies, and in order to make as much money back in the day they have to ride the same product for longer to spread out the unit costs. It might not be as interesting but it's a helluva lot more efficient.

I personally like all the pony cars now. The new Mustang is fresher and modern, this Challenger is very true to its roots and looks like 1971 all over again, and the Camaro is still aggressive and mean, if not quite as good looking as it started. Plus, all three cars are selling quite well for their manufacturers so money is being made on them. They're all three winners in my book.

Back