2015 Dodge Challenger

• Thread starter Slash
  • 692 comments
To whom? The only people who will buy it are Mopar enthusiasts, which there clearly aren't enough of judging by sales figures.

Unless Chrysler has implemented some chassis changes, anyone wanting an actually decent pony car will probably turn to the GT500 or ZL1.

Even At 75 Grand, The SRT Cherokee is one of the best selling SRT Models to date and is the reason why its staying in the SRT Camp instead of the 300

The fact that they built a 600 bhp Challenger is enough to convince me that they not only didn't learn form their mistakes, but will go bankrupt again in the next 20 years. I'd put money on it. They haven't learned how to make good, competitive cars, and they're making the same mistakes they've been making for 50 years. The trouble is that they have learned that they can do the same thing over and over again and that they'll always get bailed out because it's not economically viable to let them fail.

........... it aint even worth it...

Even At 75 Grand, The SRT Cherokee is one of the best selling SRT Models to date and is the reason why its staying in the SRT Camp instead of the 300
So? The Grand Cherokee SRT8 is a completely different car from the Challenger 600 bhp thingy. It's an SUV, which people generally like, it's practical, and it's very quick without being too much for the vehicle.
........... it aint even worth it...
What ain't even worth what?

So? The Grand Cherokee SRT8 is a completely different car from the Challenger 600 bhp thingy. It's an SUV, which people generally like, it's practical, and it's very quick without being too much for the vehicle.

What ain't even worth what?

Everything you mentioned about the Grand Cherokee can be said about the challenger, especially about its practicality when you compare it to the gt500, and Z28/Zl1

Everything you mentioned about the Grand Cherokee can be said about the challenger, especially about its practicality when you compare it to the gt500, and Z28/Zl1

No it can't.

The chassis has been shown in road tests to be unable to turn well enough to handle the power. Especially when compared to the likes of a ZL1, the Challenger is clearly in the old school lazy handling, heavy muscle car. The car had issues around road courses in 392 trim.

As for practicality, the Challenger is the biggest, possibly the most difficult to see out of, and has the worst mileage of the existing models. It may have a softer ride but that hardly counts when it's down to how crap the chassis is. There's also the question of who is buying a 600 horsepower coupe for practicality over performance...

Nope, Zenith is right, it can't. First , the Challenger is not an SUV. Second, 600 bhp is far too much power for the Challenger's soft chassis, unlike 470 bhp for a bigger, heavier four wheel drive vehicle which has generally good dynamics in base form. And please, explain to me how a 600 bhp coupe is practical? I don't know what world you live in but I don't know anyone who would consider the base Challenger to be very practical, let alone one with far too much power. The Grand Cherokee SRT8 and Challenger are not comparable. End of story. They appeal to entirely different markets and are entirely different vehicles.

I'm usually the coupe > all else kind of person, but the Challenger is an exception. It's not much sportier than a Charger, while being less practical. I guess it's the truest muscle car of the modern era. I can't really think of any reason to choose a Challenger over something else.

No it can't.

The chassis has been shown in road tests to be unable to turn well enough to handle the power. Especially when compared to the likes of a ZL1, the Challenger is clearly in the old school lazy handling, heavy muscle car. The car had issues around road courses in 392 trim.

As for practicality, the Challenger is the biggest, possibly the most difficult to see out of, and has the worst mileage of the existing models. It may have a softer ride but that hardly counts when it's down to how crap the chassis is. There's also the question of who is buying a 600 horsepower coupe for practicality over performance...

please read man, i Said:

i said NOTHING about its handling, and the ZL1 Camaro's weighs around the same as the current 4231lb SRT Challenger. a 111 difference

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-zl1-sports-car/specs/dimensions.html
http://www.drivesrt.com/2014/challenger-srt/tech-specs/

either way, one cannot judge this new model because it have not been tested, especially with
"New P275/40ZR20 Pirelli P Zero Nero tires (front and rear) provide all-season traction, while Pirelli P Zero tires are available for three-season performance driving.
". yes it Might be hard to see out of but the Camaro is worse. It seats 5, 4 adults comfortably, has a Trunk the size of a Fullsize sedan, its a performance Coupe for a Man with a Family of 5. just happens to have 600+hp, cant say that about the Mustang or Camaro..

and please dont talk about Fuel economy, The 2015 SRT Challenger estimates 14/23 for the manual, 15/23 for the automatic thats 1 MPG less than the 425hp SS Camaro while the Challenger now has 485hp.. its a situation the SS Sedan has with the FE

please read man

i said NOTHING about its handling,

You said that everything Beedlebrox said about the Cherokee applies to the Challenger.

Beedlebrox said that the Cherokee can put down its power without overwhelming the vehicle.

Therefore you are asserting that the Challenger can put down its power without overwhelming the vehicle.

I showed that this was untrue.

Looks like you're the one who should read.

the ZL1 Camaro's weighs around the same as the current 4231lb SRT Challenger. a 111 difference

Except the ZL1 uses magnetic suspension and actually succeeds in taming that weight. The Challenger does not.

either way, one cannot judge this new model because it have not been tested, especially with ".

We can judge what Dodge has been telling us about the car.

We know the Challenger is outclassed by its rivals due to its craptastic chassis. We know that the only way to make the Challenger competitive is to fix the chassis.

Dodge has only been talking about how much more power they gave a chassis that can't handle the power it already has.

This is why everyone in this thread with an ounce of engineering knowledge is not optimistic about this car.

yes it Might be hard to see out of but the Camaro is worse. It seats 5, 4 adults comfortably, has a Trunk the size of a Fullsize sedan, its a performance Coupe for a Man with a Family of 5. just happens to have 600+hp, cant say that about the Mustang or Camaro..

"Honey, Ford and Chevy don't sell their 600hp super coupes with a fifth seatbelt, I guess we have to strap Joe Jr. The Third to the fold down armrest for his daily commute to school."

Puh-leeze.

and please dont talk about Fuel economy, The 2015 SRT Challenger estimates 14/23 for the manual, 15/23 for the automatic thats 1 MPG less than the 425hp SS Camaro while the Challenger now has 485hp.. its a situation the SS Sedan has with the FE

Bringing power into a discussion about practicality... Okaaaay...

It's still the least fuel efficient of an already inefficient market.

It's pretty funny watching you desperately try to find a single thing this car is good at though. Please continue.

i said NOTHING about its handling, and the ZL1 Camaro's weighs around the same as the current 4231lb SRT Challenger. a 111 difference

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-zl1-sports-car/specs/dimensions.html
http://www.drivesrt.com/2014/challenger-srt/tech-specs/
And as for practicality, if the biggest benefit of the Challenger over it's competitors is that it has bigger back seats and a bigger boot, then it's not in any way competitive. The point of a 600 bhp muscle car is not to have a big boot.

Weight and handling are not in any way the same thing. The Challenger's handling is far, far worse than the Camaro's, which can be attributed to the fact that the Challenger is terrible int eh corners and that GM worked very hard to make an overweight car corner well.
either way, one cannot judge this new model because it have not been tested, especially with ". yes it Might be hard to see out of but the Camaro is worse. It seats 5, 4 adults comfortably, has a Trunk the size of a Fullsize sedan, its a performance Coupe for a Man with a Family of 5. just happens to have 600+hp, cant say that about the Mustang or Camaro..
The Camaro is worse? Are you mad? Oh wait, I forgot that you don't care or even seem to know about handling. The Camaro ZL1 handles far better, is no harder to see out of, has nearly as much power, and is a far better overall performer. Also, adding stickier tyres to a performance car make it less of a driver's car, not more. See also the Hyundai Veloster Turbo.

It's clear to me that you have no real knowledge or appreciation for vehicle handling or engineering. And that you'll do anything to convince us that the Challenger is the better car when everyone knows it's by far the worst of the three pony cars on offer. The points you're using are comical. Boot space? bhp versus MPG? Comparing it to an SUV? ARe you trolling or are you serious?

Have you ever even been in a Challenger???
Me? I've sat in an SRT8 392, as well as an R/T. I've never had a ride in one, but I've read enough reviews of it to know that the chassis is terrible.

This is what i'm talking about. The 2015 model is cool and all but they need to redo the chassis and also make the car sleeker like what Ford and Chevy did with Mustang and Camaro if they want to stay competitive. Right now with the Hellcat engine, it only sounds like Dodge trying to sell the car to old school guys because the specs sounds like old school muscle cars, big power with horrible handling. If you compare Mustang, Camaro and Challenger in one photo together, it's like looking at 2 agile cats that are able to run through the cat door and one fat cat that acts like Garfield and always stuck through the cat door.

They do win in the name department though. Just the name "Hellcat" makes me want to buy it!
You'll sell your soul to the devil if you think about letting that Corvette go for one. :P

I'd say this car takes the typical American approach at just throwing power at something, but apparently, that's just Dodge now. The GT500 is a power horse as well, but Ford at least worked in making the car usable in dry conditions on a track. And Chevy spilt the line between a good ZL1 for cruisers who want power & a monster Z/28 for the track junkies. The Challenger needs a fresh, new chassis by this point, not an update unless they can pull a Z/28 & let the engineers try to work some magic with it.

You'll sell your soul to the devil if you think about letting that Corvette go for one. :P

I'd say this car takes the typical American approach at just throwing power at something, but apparently, that's just Dodge now. The GT500 is a power horse as well, but Ford at least worked in making the car usable in dry conditions on a track. And Chevy spilt the line between a good ZL1 for cruisers who want power & a monster Z/28 for the track junkies. The Challenger needs a fresh, new chassis by this point, not an update unless they can pull a Z/28 & let the engineers try to work some magic with it.
I fully agree. The Challenger is ridiculously behind as far as the competition is concerned.

Would never sell the Vette for anything other than a C7 and or A Viper of sorts! I do like this Challenger, but then again there isn't much I don't like. I like them all!

Dear GM,

Bro, do you even laminar flow?

Sincerely,
Chrysler

r1on6zugl5cmascevdf1.gif

So everybody is ******** themselves over the exhaust sound and I think it's hilarious. It's so scary awesome.

Needs straight pipes.

Back