2015 Dodge Charger ( 707HP Charger Hellcat - World's Most Powerful Sedan!)

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 342 comments

RocZX

Premium
United States
New York
Facelifted '15 Charger will be unveiled at NY auto show.
Dodge-2015%25255B3%25255D.jpg

Well, we're finally getting that update that I've been complaining about.

If it is only an exterior upgrade, though, I'm not sure if it is exactly what we needed. Granted, a visual upgrade will go a long way to make a rapidly aging chassis seem new-ish again, but I'm really not sure if the Dart's design direction will look good on a car this size. Furthermore, I'd hope that they get around to completely redoing the interior, using properly graded materials that are at least on-par with the mainstream options from GM and Ford.

But, good lord, we just need an updated chassis. Less weight, mostly. Throw the 8-speed in with everything. Want to cause a huge storm, Chrysler? Stick the EcoDiesel from the Ram and the Cherokee in there. Open up a market in the US.

Next time don't grave-dig an old car's thread.

They are trying to emulate the 1969 & 1970 Charger the best they could without making it look like a 4 door challenger

When the car is parked, it would give a whole blacked out look to the front simulating the late 1968 chargers thanx to the Black housing of the headlamps and Blackout Grill.
miked_68charger.5.jpg

if the outlines of the Cross hair grill was Chrome, that plus the LED DRL's would create a Chrome like accent that looks like the 1970's front
Kurts_Charger_Front2.jpg

I think all the new Dodge cars look great so I have a feeling I'll like this one too. I'm looking forward to the full reveal.

I have a feeling that front picture will get my hopes up. Then when it's revealed... major disappoint. The current Charger isn't so bad. The rear I just can't get on board with. I appreciate what they tried to do but it didn't work out too well.

Furthermore, I'd hope that they get around to completely redoing the interior, using properly graded materials that are at least on-par with the mainstream options from GM and Ford.
I get to play with a lot of rental cars at work. Last time I was in a new Durango, the materials in it were nicer than any of the newest GM and Ford cars. It was a nicer truck than the Explorer in my opinion. GM doesn't have anything that can compare to either - their materials are ****ing miserable. Frankly I don't expect much from GM anymore. I assume the current Charger has gotten an update a year or two ago to match what Chrysler has done. Speaking of Chrysler, the latest 200 was also pretty nice inside and like the Fusion I much preferred it to a Malibu. To make matters worse for GM, their engineers have no clue how to make an interior fit a normal human being's shape. The pedal/seat/wheel relationship is all wrong. My arms are 4 feet long for cripe's sake, you can't put the steering wheel that far away! Then they give it a whole 2 inches of telescope, of course. This problem plagues GM cars and I haven't had any such issues in Chryslers or Fords.

I get to play with a lot of rental cars at work. Last time I was in a new Durango, the materials in it were nicer than any of the newest GM and Ford cars. It was a nicer truck than the Explorer in my opinion. GM doesn't have anything that can compare to either - their materials are ****ing miserable. Frankly I don't expect much from GM anymore. I assume the current Charger has gotten an update a year or two ago to match what Chrysler has done. Speaking of Chrysler, the latest 200 was also pretty nice inside and like the Fusion I much preferred it to a Malibu. To make matters worse for GM, their engineers have no clue how to make an interior fit a normal human being's shape. The pedal/seat/wheel relationship is all wrong. My arms are 4 feet long for cripe's sake, you can't put the steering wheel that far away! Then they give it a whole 2 inches of telescope, of course. This problem plagues GM cars and I haven't had any such issues in Chryslers or Fords.

And yet who will sell better still while Dodge tries to get out of shambles? Ford and Chevy (GM)

Recently got a '14 Grand Cherokee... surprised at how good the interior was. 👍

I read that the 2015 Charger will resemble the Maserati Ghibli in terms of styling. I don't know how to respond to that, have to see the reveal before judging it but my first impression after reading that is that it will look like something out of europe rather than american. Hopefully it doesn't lose its american styling.

I have a feeling that front picture will get my hopes up. Then when it's revealed... major disappoint. The current Charger isn't so bad. The rear I just can't get on board with. I appreciate what they tried to do but it didn't work out too well.
In my opinion the facelifted (current) charger with the led taillight bar that spans across the entire rear looks miles better than the 2 single taillights on the earlier model. I agree, still a bit more to be desired. I just wish an iconic car like the Charger wasn't drug through the mud into a 4 door rental car.
Screenshot_2014-04-10-08-54-40-1.png
Screenshot_2014-04-10-08-57-06-1.png

Screenshot_2014-04-10-08-57-43-1.png

Last edited:
In my opinion the facelifted (current) charger with the led taillight bar that spans across the entire rear looks miles better than the 2 single taillights on the earlier model. I agree, still a bit more to be desired. I just wish an iconic car like the Charger wasn't drug through the mud into a 4 door rental car.
View attachment 139381 View attachment 139383
View attachment 139386

You're right it is the best iteration so far. The previous generation wasn't good either. But somehow it fit with the rest of the car a little bit better IMO. The current one's front is pretty good. It looks aggressive when I see one coming. I don't know just when I see the rear it kills it for me. But the rear by itself comparing the two the current gen is better.

Ralph Gilles, I love you. Another beautiful/agressive design.

At least make a fair comparison with the Durango. When the GM SUVs get the 8L90, test one, then compare.

And yet who will sell better still while Dodge tries to get out of shambles? Ford and Chevy (GM)
Shambles? Chrysler is currently the most profitable company in Fiat Group. Fiat bought Chrysler so they could stay afloat.

GM is doing the same old nonsense they've always done. Lackluster efforts, shady politics. You can't keep all your other brands alive with just Corvette and Cadillac.

Shambles? Chrysler is currently the most profitable company in Fiat Group. Fiat bought Chrysler so they could stay afloat.

GM is doing the same old nonsense they've always done. Lackluster efforts, shady politics. You can't keep all your other brands alive with just Corvette and Cadillac.

That's not how they're doing it so not sure where you're getting your info and from your previous post alone it obvious you have a some disdain for the other two compared to Chrysler. Halting the Viper production isn't a good sign, and thus the team gets sidelined because of bad sales and not having enough money to float the team. Dart sales have been quite low in a car that could have been a leader in it's class and thus people get laid off, yeah dodge is doing amazing. They're a burning so bright they may just go supernova. Just because they're the most profitable in Fiat doesn't give you a full global perspective or reality of how good or bad they are. Rather it only does so in their little playground.

2015 Charger Refresh.jpg
I read that the 2015 Charger will resemble the Maserati Ghibli in terms of styling. I don't know how to respond to that, have to see the reveal before judging it but my first impression after reading that is that it will look like something out of europe rather than american. Hopefully it doesn't lose its american styling.

Where you hear that from??? you can clearly tell just by the teaser that it looks nothing like the Ghibli.

Heres a pic without the Fish bowl effect

GM doesn't have anything that can compare to either - their materials are ****ing miserable.

It depends on the model, and to some extend, I'd agree with you. Obvious Cadillacs and Corvettes aside, many of the mainstream models are just acceptable, and that isn't enough. Although newer models like the Impala paint a very nice picture of what it can be when they put some effort into it, the Silverado is a good example of when they don't seem to care a whole lot.

I assume the current Charger has gotten an update a year or two ago to match what Chrysler has done.

It did back in 2011, and it's... Not bad. Problem is that it, like a lot of the other Chrysler lineups, has inconsistent bits of quality throughout. Of course, that often depends on the trim level.

Speaking of Chrysler, the latest 200 was also pretty nice inside and like the Fusion I much preferred it to a Malibu.

Of the current mid-sizers, the Malibu falls very short in a lot of things. That's why it had the emergency refresh for 2014, and even then, it's not really enough. It is a straight-up awkward model. Between the back seat that's too small, too many hard surfaces on the dash, not-so-great fuel economy, and wonky pricing - yeah, it won't be a class leader. No contention from me on that one.

View attachment 139666

Where you hear that from??? you can clearly tell just by the teaser that it looks nothing like the Ghibli.

Heres a pic without the Fish bowl effect
i forgot where i hear them, i'll try looking for it. But maybe they meant that the basis of the car is almost the same as the Ghibli.

Edit : scratch that, it was a speculation, as seen here. http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/charger/2015.html

Their renderings look bad though. Personally i don't like it.

They COULD be talking about the Next Generation being that the Ghibli is riding on the Updated LX bits and the Ghiblis platform is the Next chargers/300.

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

Give it up already. We get it. You hate Chrysler. Good for you.

Give what up already? And who the hell are you to say what I hate or not, your obviously assuming and you'd be wrong. I'm actually a Mopar fan, but if me being factual and critiquing them is bad we can get into it. Or you could put me on ignore and go do your gibberish somewhere else.

Last edited:
Give what up already? And who the hell are you to say what I hate or not, your obviously assuming and you'd be wrong. I'm actually a Mopar fan, but if me being factual and critiquing them is bad we can get into it. Or you could put me on ignore and go do your gibberish somewhere else.

You blabber on about sales when they guy you quoted mentioned nothing of it. Like you're being negative for the sake of being negative.

But I do have to apologize because it wasn't you that started it in the Challenger thread. That was going to my next point. But going into any Chrysler thread and counting the posts until the first guy mentions poor sales or "low" quality, etc. isn't very fun.

I like you most of the time, but being factual and critiquing sales when Keef was talking about the interior... I don't get it.

Back