2015 Dodge Charger ( 707HP Charger Hellcat - World's Most Powerful Sedan!)

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by RocZX, Apr 8, 2014.

1. RocZX

RocZX Premium

Facelifted '15 Charger will be unveiled at NY auto show.
    [​IMG]

GTboyz likes this.
  2. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

I uh, wow. Let's make it look like a Dart, you know because brand identity or something.

raven214, Swagger897, GT-R and 5 others like this.
  3. YSSMAN

YSSMAN Premium

Well, we're finally getting that update that I've been complaining about.

If it is only an exterior upgrade, though, I'm not sure if it is exactly what we needed. Granted, a visual upgrade will go a long way to make a rapidly aging chassis seem new-ish again, but I'm really not sure if the Dart's design direction will look good on a car this size. Furthermore, I'd hope that they get around to completely redoing the interior, using properly graded materials that are at least on-par with the mainstream options from GM and Ford.

But, good lord, we just need an updated chassis. Less weight, mostly. Throw the 8-speed in with everything. Want to cause a huge storm, Chrysler? Stick the EcoDiesel from the Ram and the Cherokee in there. Open up a market in the US.

4. Cale

Cale Premium

[​IMG]

Won't be too bad.

MOPAR__MUSCLE, GT-R, 20832 and 6 others like this.
  5. Slash

Slash Premium

The headlight/grill area won't be too bad IF they get rid of that UGLY ass front bumper thingy. That ruins it.

[​IMG]

MoLiEG and G.T.Ace like this.
  6. Müle

Müle Premium

Okay that looks awesome.

want.

7. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

I'll need more pictures before I can make a verdict.

EF12345678, Custom878 and Slash like this.
  8. Omnis

Omnis Staff Emeritus

Next time don't grave-dig an old car's thread.

9. psntomaz

psntomaz

They are trying to emulate the 1969 & 1970 Charger the best they could without making it look like a 4 door challenger

When the car is parked, it would give a whole blacked out look to the front simulating the late 1968 chargers thanx to the Black housing of the headlamps and Blackout Grill.
    [​IMG]

if the outlines of the Cross hair grill was Chrome, that plus the LED DRL's would create a Chrome like accent that looks like the 1970's front
    [​IMG]

MOPAR__MUSCLE likes this.
  10. SVT Cobra GT

SVT Cobra GT

Looks interesting although I want to see the rest of it before deciding it's fate.

Organ-Donor likes this.
  11. Parker

Parker

I think all the new Dodge cars look great so I have a feeling I'll like this one too. I'm looking forward to the full reveal.

12. Sage Ages

Sage Ages Premium

This doesn't look like it will end well.

Slash likes this.
  13. Blackbird.

Blackbird. Premium

I have a feeling that front picture will get my hopes up. Then when it's revealed... major disappoint. The current Charger isn't so bad. The rear I just can't get on board with. I appreciate what they tried to do but it didn't work out too well.

14. Keef

Keef Premium

I get to play with a lot of rental cars at work. Last time I was in a new Durango, the materials in it were nicer than any of the newest GM and Ford cars. It was a nicer truck than the Explorer in my opinion. GM doesn't have anything that can compare to either - their materials are ****ing miserable. Frankly I don't expect much from GM anymore. I assume the current Charger has gotten an update a year or two ago to match what Chrysler has done. Speaking of Chrysler, the latest 200 was also pretty nice inside and like the Fusion I much preferred it to a Malibu. To make matters worse for GM, their engineers have no clue how to make an interior fit a normal human being's shape. The pedal/seat/wheel relationship is all wrong. My arms are 4 feet long for cripe's sake, you can't put the steering wheel that far away! Then they give it a whole 2 inches of telescope, of course. This problem plagues GM cars and I haven't had any such issues in Chryslers or Fords.

15. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

And yet who will sell better still while Dodge tries to get out of shambles? Ford and Chevy (GM)

16. Blackbird.

Blackbird. Premium

Recently got a '14 Grand Cherokee... surprised at how good the interior was. :tup:

17. GTboyz

GTboyz

I read that the 2015 Charger will resemble the Maserati Ghibli in terms of styling. I don't know how to respond to that, have to see the reveal before judging it but my first impression after reading that is that it will look like something out of europe rather than american. Hopefully it doesn't lose its american styling.

18. Kitten

Kitten

I really like the aggression of the Front Headlights. But man the bumper :yuck:

19. Organ-Donor

Organ-Donor

In my opinion the facelifted (current) charger with the led taillight bar that spans across the entire rear looks miles better than the 2 single taillights on the earlier model. I agree, still a bit more to be desired. I just wish an iconic car like the Charger wasn't drug through the mud into a 4 door rental car.
    Screenshot_2014-04-10-08-54-40-1.png Screenshot_2014-04-10-08-57-06-1.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-10-08-57-43-1.png

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  20. Blackbird.

Blackbird. Premium

You're right it is the best iteration so far. The previous generation wasn't good either. But somehow it fit with the rest of the car a little bit better IMO. The current one's front is pretty good. It looks aggressive when I see one coming. I don't know just when I see the rear it kills it for me. But the rear by itself comparing the two the current gen is better.

Lubeify100 and Badasp5.0 like this.
  21. MHPALA

MHPALA

Ralph Gilles, I love you. Another beautiful/agressive design.

At least make a fair comparison with the Durango. When the GM SUVs get the 8L90, test one, then compare.

22. Keef

Keef Premium

Shambles? Chrysler is currently the most profitable company in Fiat Group. Fiat bought Chrysler so they could stay afloat.

GM is doing the same old nonsense they've always done. Lackluster efforts, shady politics. You can't keep all your other brands alive with just Corvette and Cadillac.

Lubeify100 likes this.
  23. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

That's not how they're doing it so not sure where you're getting your info and from your previous post alone it obvious you have a some disdain for the other two compared to Chrysler. Halting the Viper production isn't a good sign, and thus the team gets sidelined because of bad sales and not having enough money to float the team. Dart sales have been quite low in a car that could have been a leader in it's class and thus people get laid off, yeah dodge is doing amazing. They're a burning so bright they may just go supernova. Just because they're the most profitable in Fiat doesn't give you a full global perspective or reality of how good or bad they are. Rather it only does so in their little playground.

24. psntomaz

psntomaz

2015 Charger Refresh.jpg
    Where you hear that from??? you can clearly tell just by the teaser that it looks nothing like the Ghibli.

Heres a pic without the Fish bowl effect

25. YSSMAN

YSSMAN Premium

It depends on the model, and to some extend, I'd agree with you. Obvious Cadillacs and Corvettes aside, many of the mainstream models are just acceptable, and that isn't enough. Although newer models like the Impala paint a very nice picture of what it can be when they put some effort into it, the Silverado is a good example of when they don't seem to care a whole lot.

It did back in 2011, and it's... Not bad. Problem is that it, like a lot of the other Chrysler lineups, has inconsistent bits of quality throughout. Of course, that often depends on the trim level.

Of the current mid-sizers, the Malibu falls very short in a lot of things. That's why it had the emergency refresh for 2014, and even then, it's not really enough. It is a straight-up awkward model. Between the back seat that's too small, too many hard surfaces on the dash, not-so-great fuel economy, and wonky pricing - yeah, it won't be a class leader. No contention from me on that one.

LMSCorvetteGT2 likes this.
  26. GTboyz

GTboyz

i forgot where i hear them, i'll try looking for it. But maybe they meant that the basis of the car is almost the same as the Ghibli.

Edit : scratch that, it was a speculation, as seen here. http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/charger/2015.html

Their renderings look bad though. Personally i don't like it.

27. psntomaz

psntomaz

They COULD be talking about the Next Generation being that the Ghibli is riding on the Updated LX bits and the Ghiblis platform is the Next chargers/300.

GTboyz likes this.
  28. Müle

Müle Premium

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

Give it up already. We get it. You hate Chrysler. Good for you.

29. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

Give what up already? And who the hell are you to say what I hate or not, your obviously assuming and you'd be wrong. I'm actually a Mopar fan, but if me being factual and critiquing them is bad we can get into it. Or you could put me on ignore and go do your gibberish somewhere else.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    Slash likes this.
  30. Müle

Müle Premium

You blabber on about sales when they guy you quoted mentioned nothing of it. Like you're being negative for the sake of being negative.

But I do have to apologize because it wasn't you that started it in the Challenger thread. That was going to my next point. But going into any Chrysler thread and counting the posts until the first guy mentions poor sales or "low" quality, etc. isn't very fun.

I like you most of the time, but being factual and critiquing sales when Keef was talking about the interior... I don't get it.