2015 Dodge Charger ( 707HP Charger Hellcat - World's Most Powerful Sedan!)

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 342 comments
You blabber on about sales when they guy you quoted mentioned nothing of it. Like you're being negative for the sake of being negative.

But I do have to apologize because it wasn't you that started it in the Challenger thread. That was going to my next point. But going into any Chrysler thread and counting the posts until the first guy mentions poor sales or "low" quality, etc. isn't very fun.

I like you most of the time, but being factual and critiquing sales when Keef was talking about the interior... I don't get it.

Because what does it matter if quality is good only some of the time if they can't sell it. I'd say the SRT Viper has some the best quality interior materials for a car of its class, however that doesn't help it sale or be a relevant car like it once was and thus that is an issue. More so the main issue at the end of the day for Chrysler, they have tried to become relevant and have done so in a little too late type fashion, then only thing I really enjoy from them are their trucks when they use to be good at so many other things. Even more sad is that there line up isn't bad the designs aren't awful and I'd say they are better than their worst point in time (to me) during the 90s, yet it doesn't help them.

As a Mopar fan I'm quite disappointed by this and think that a revamp needs to be done rather than a face lift. Maybe give the public a two door Charger like they've wanted for the past several years... Make a Challenger competitive to other sport cars of it's class. Make the Dart more competitive and so on. The reality is Chrysler isn't in great shape and sales reflect that to a degree among other things. That was my point despite him not bring it up.

If interior materials made the entirety of the car and sole choice of purchase choice I wouldn't be too worried about Chrysler. Yet that isn't the case and thus I bring up reasons for concern.

They are trying to emulate the 1969 & 1970 Charger the best they could without making it look like a 4 door challenger

When the car is parked, it would give a whole blacked out look to the front simulating the late 1968 chargers thanx to the Black housing of the headlamps and Blackout Grill.

if the outlines of the Cross hair grill was Chrome, that plus the LED DRL's would create a Chrome like accent that looks like the 1970's front
Looks like they're doing a good job of it, because my first reaction was "that's some deathproof worthy car."

Because what does it matter if quality is good only some of the time if they can't sell it. I'd say the SRT Viper has some the best quality interior materials for a car of its class, however that doesn't help it sale or be a relevant car like it once was and thus that is an issue. More so the main issue at the end of the day for Chrysler, they have tried to become relevant and have done so in a little too late type fashion, then only thing I really enjoy from them are their trucks when they use to be good at so many other things. Even more sad is that there line up isn't bad the designs aren't awful and I'd say they are better than their worst point in time (to me) during the 90s, yet it doesn't help them.

As a Mopar fan I'm quite disappointed by this and think that a revamp needs to be done rather than a face lift. Maybe give the public a two door Charger like they've wanted for the past several years... Make a Challenger competitive to other sport cars of it's class. Make the Dart more competitive and so on. The reality is Chrysler isn't in great shape and sales reflect that to a degree among other things. That was my point despite him not bring it up.

If interior materials made the entirety of the car and sole choice of purchase choice I wouldn't be too worried about Chrysler. Yet that isn't the case and thus I bring up reasons for concern.

But then how can you have two 5 passenger Coupes in your line up?. The Charger is good as is... a 4 door and has a Cult following (LX Spring Fest). Whats funny is that, when the 99 Concept was unveiled, people didnt even know it was a 4 door...-____-. but quick to get mad at the thing when it was powered by CNG!!!!

also Sales doesnt determine a companies success. you never know. Ford could sell 100k/month of they new "all aluminium" F-150 and not make even a dime on profit. meanwhile at Ram, they could sell 50K/month and make a minimum of $5,000 per vehicle sold.

Last edited:
But then how can you have two 5 passenger Coupes in your line up?. The Charger is good as is... a 4 door and has a Cult following (LX Spring Fest). Whats funny is that, when the 99 Concept was unveiled, people didnt even know it was a 4 door...-____-. but quick to get mad at the thing when it was powered by CNG!!!!

Maybe you haven't looked around much but the challenger is hardly a 5 passenger coupe anymore than the Mustang and Camaro. Also if you look further you'd see that two coupes in the same line up would hurt anything, no more than the SRT 8 Charger does to the SRT 8 300 (basically the same car). There are many companies that do this and the Challenger isn't quite different than the bigger and heavier Charger, if Dodge is so big on options then doing a 2 Door for a couple years wouldn't hurt anything.

As for the CNG comment mainstream fans are usually not knowledge and getting mad at it is quite stupid, and sadly probably persuaded Chrysler to play it safe, which is something they have done to much of and need to stop.

also Sales doesnt determine a companies success. you never know. Ford could sell 100k/month of they new "all aluminium" F-150 and not make even a dime on profit. meanwhile at Ram, they could sell 50K/month and make a minimum of $5,000 per vehicle sold.

I never said they did, though this is a bit of irony since you used sales a the mainstay on the the Challenger Hellcat thread. I said it is a portion of the puzzle not the entire thing that's what separates my use of it from yours or anyone else that doesn't add key verbiage.

Maybe you haven't looked around much but the challenger is hardly a 5 passenger coupe anymore than the Mustang and Camaro. Also if you look further you'd see that two coupes in the same line up would hurt anything, no more than the SRT 8 Charger does to the SRT 8 300 (basically the same car). There are many companies that do this and the Challenger isn't quite different than the bigger and heavier Charger, if Dodge is so big on options then doing a 2 Door for a couple years wouldn't hurt anything.

As for the CNG comment mainstream fans are usually not knowledge and getting mad at it is quite stupid, and sadly probably persuaded Chrysler to play it safe, which is something they have done to much of and need to stop.

I never said they did, though this is a bit of irony since you used sales a the mainstay on the the Challenger Hellcat thread. I said it is a portion of the puzzle not the entire thing that's what separates my use of it from yours or anyone else that doesn't add key verbiage.

Dude you are no Mopar fan if you say the challenger is hardly a 5 passenger coupe... Mustangs and Camaro's are litterally 2+2 coupes.. The Challenger is THE only (american) 5 passenger Coupe.
Mustang
2015 Mustang
image.jpg

2014 Camaro
2014-chevrolet-camaro-rear-seats_9245_052_640x480.jpg

Challenger
Challenger_Backseat.jpg

Stopped reading right there, n Bold. everyone knows, even non Mopar enthusiast, that the 300 and Charger, regardless of Trim level, are completely different animals. which is the reason why the Charger is the only sedan rumored to get the Hellcat treatment.

Dude you are no Mopar fan if you say the challenger is hardly a 5 passenger coupe... Mustangs and Camaro's are litterally 2+2 coupes.. The Challenger is THE only (american) 5 passenger Coupe.
Mustang
2015 Mustang
image.jpg

2014 Camaro
2014-chevrolet-camaro-rear-seats_9245_052_640x480.jpg

Challenger
Challenger_Backseat.jpg

Stopped reading right there, n Bold. everyone knows, even non Mopar enthusiast, that the 300 and Charger, regardless of Trim level, are completely different animals. which is the reason why the Charger is the only sedan rumored to get the Hellcat treatment.
Now I'm not a Mopar fan because I don't consider these cars good five passenger cars. I'm 6'2 and have sat in the back of these before they're quite uncomfortable. Especially considering the number of dodges my family has owned for the past 10 years and gone in trips with. This and the SRT4 Neon weren't fun to ride in the back of. Sorry that some how nullifies me being a fan. :rolleyes:

How are they completely different, they are on the same frame, use the same tranny and engine (even in SRT8 trim) and utilize the same suspension they both have the same AWD usage to in the lower platforms. And they are also basically the same price. Both are four door, and the only realistic difference between the too is one is the luxury version of the other and the obvious exterior difference. The charger getting the suggested Hellcat version proves what exactly? "Oh they're totally different cause one has an extra potential trim model that the other doesn't". Also it's more likely to be noted that the reason the SRT8 isn't getting a Hellcat version is because they don't need it to sell. Or they rather the Charger go up against the E63, M5 and CTS-V instead.

Last edited:
dude a person 6'2 wouldnt even fit in a Midsize and few fullsize sedans:odd:.... The point is the Challenger IS a 5 passenger Coupe (see that middle section there.. )

also the 300, though riding on the same platform, rides smoother, Quieter , has more choices of Interior colors/leathers, 300s gets 300hp V6. Power delievery in Hemi form is smoother and not as aggressive as the Charger. The CHarger has Suspension/Rear Diff. upgrades (R/T Road & Track Package) that isnt available on the 300. thats the difference.

The reason i mentioned the Hellcat not being rumored for the 300 is because of NVH that could ruin the Quietness of the 300's Cabin with the added tire width and Whine of the SC.

also the 300, though riding on the same platform, rides smoother, Quieter , has more choices of Interior colors/leathers, 300s gets 300hp V6. Power delievery in Hemi form is smoother and not as aggressive as the Charger. The CHarger has Suspension/Rear Diff. upgrades (R/T Road & Track Package) that isnt available on the 300. thats the difference.

I believe the point he was making was that, despite there being some slight mechanical differences, overall, the differences between the two likely aren't as substantial as they should be. Yes, the Charger is a bit sportier on average, but it isn't a leaps and bounds kind of difference. Throw in the rather close pricing schemes, and you start to walk into GM territory of overlap. You know, back in the Chevrolet/Pontiac/Buick/Oldsmobile days where you got near-enough the same car from three of the brands, just with a different grille.

I am one of the few who actually (eventually, to me) love the looks of the 2011-ish Charger. I don't exactly agree with the Dart-like grill of this 2015 Charger. The front grill design surely doesn't appeal to me. So what grade would I give this car? Either C+ or B-. For comparison, the current Chargers surely get an A or an A+ from me.

dude a person 6'2 wouldnt even fit in a Midsize and few fullsize sedans:odd:.... The point is the Challenger IS a 5 passenger Coupe (see that middle section there.. )

The reason i mentioned the Hellcat not being rumored for the 300 is because of NVH that could ruin the Quietness of the 300's Cabin with the added tire width and Whine of the SC.

At this point your just splitting hairs because you haven't liked the factual proof I've put forth. Quieter and smoother (not sure how the hell on measures smoothness of a ride) is all subjective. Power delivery is smoother..., they're the same set up. The only thing that could possibly be different is ratio set up to give the sensation of such but it's still the same power and performance at nearly the same price. Once again I already said the difference was one is the luxury version of the other and thus obviously more options come with that. However, this doesn't change the overall DNA of the car which is once again the same!

As others seem to agree with me, the point sailed over you and is now lost in a corn field somewhere in Kansas.

I am one of the few who actually (eventually, to me) love the looks of the 2011-ish Charger. I don't exactly agree with the Dart-like grill of this 2015 Charger. The front grill design surely doesn't appeal to me. So what grade would I give this car? Either C+ or B-. For comparison, the current Chargers surely get an A or an A+ from me.

No, I don't think you're wrong. But, part of the problem is that Dodge kinda locked themselves into a box with the current styling, and sticking with it is only going to make an already old car look exceptionally old. Even with the 2011 update, the basic shape is relatively the same as it had been since 2005. A decade of give/take the same model isn't going to bode well when the competition is pretty rapidly updating itself.

But then it would be an extremely overweight coupe that's bigger than everything it competes with.

Oh wait...

I'd say it is likely as that is probably a shot from the movie slated to release next year. I'd say it's very possible Dodge let them use an early test car or just a look alike body for shots.

@R1600Turbo I'd go a step further and say they are all horrible :lol:.

Yeah, and that is the only picture with that mysterious car, there's another picture with the veyron and other cars parked but i can't find that red car.

Edit : you know what, i believe that's the 2015 Charger there, because Dodge have good relationship with the Fast movies and the 2015 challenger looks to be in the movie too : http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/first-look-2015-r-t-challenger-139409/

Last edited:
Last edited:
before the reveal i thought to myself :"The Challenger would look meh since it's only revised a little bit". After the reveal i found myself liking the Challenger a lot more than the Charger.

The Charger, like Slash said, looks like Dart on roids, the base is still the same as the previous one, pretty meh. But maybe it will grow on me like the previous one.

Eh, I kinda like it. I think the new Dart looks great, actually, but I am kind of disappointed this looks so similar. The new Challenger looks absolutely badass though, I really like that.

Back