2015 Dodge Charger ( 707HP Charger Hellcat - World's Most Powerful Sedan!)

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 342 comments
Yes its less than a year since production but Oct would be the Year Mark. it sold only 2300 Units so so far lol

Not to beat the dead horse, but I'll be direct with the numbers. From the get-go, GM anticipated selling somewhere around 3,000-5,000 of these SS models annually, ship them with mostly without options (I believe it is just a sunroof at this point), and a pretty small palette of colors. They tied it up to NASCAR, sure, but they also want to sell it more as a q-ship than anything else. For the most part, they've been pretty damn successful, particularly when you consider that they really haven't advertised all that much for the car. Not like Dodge, who brought on a washed up hair-metal band that my Dad listed to when he was my age, or use those dudes from that reality show that I'm surprised is still on. Sweet.

Adding things like the manual transmission and the Magnaride suspension will broaden the appeal a bit to some consumers that were wanting to wait a year or two on the car to see if they'd get it. But, for the most part, the people who were most-interested in the car have probably bought it by now. They're GM-loyal, and they wouldn't have it any other way. I don't know if you'd get a lot of folks cross-shopping the SS and the Charger R/T, but, you might get more people doing the cross-shopping with the 300S or 300C... And depending on what they're looking for, the Chevrolet may win out on performance ratings alone.

Don't get me wrong, the new Charger is nice, but it lacks the special appeal of the Chevrolet, and certainly the refinement of both the Chevy and its Chrysler sibling. It depends on where your priorities are as a buyer, and I think all three models really appeal to different ends of the same spectrum. If anything, the Chevrolet walks a nice middle-ground between the Dodge and the Chrysler, even if it lacks a few BHP in the long-run.

:eek: That's incredible. A very big, 2 tonne four door saloon with rear drive and lacking a semi automatic gearbox. I'm not a fan of this car, but that kind of speed is as good as it gets. If you do the calculations, a 0-60 time of around 2.8 seconds is about as fast as a car can go, with tyres being the main factor for a few tenths either way. Well done Dodge.

:eek: That's incredible. A very big, 2 tonne four door saloon with rear drive and lacking a semi automatic gearbox. I'm not a fan of this car, but that kind of speed is as good as it gets. If you do the calculations, a 0-60 time of around 2.8 seconds is about as fast as a car can go, with tyres being the main factor for a few tenths either way. Well done Dodge.
I wouldn't say so considering the Cobra Jet does it in a certified 1.5 seconds (albeit not street legal).

However, that is absolutely ridiculous.

48882d1400292618-spyshots-hyundai-veloster-turbo-getting-facelift-his-face-when-he-lets-go-uses-his-hips-_31ad32e5b00d63430152966557c94ee9.jpg

I wouldn't say so considering the Cobra Jet does it in a certified 1.5 seconds (albeit not street legal).

However, that is absolutely ridiculous.
If you have very, very sticky tyres, it can be done faster, but beyond around 3 seconds the challenge is grip. You could give a car 5,000 bhp, but if you can't put it to the ground then it won't do any good.

If you have very, very sticky tyres, it can be done faster, but beyond around 3 seconds the challenge is grip. You could give a car 5,000 bhp, but if you can't put it to the ground then it won't do any good.
That's probably why it ran so well, it was on a prepped track, on drag slicks with a solid axle.

I'd also assume that a major engineering challenge, and certain companies in the past 5 years who talked about 0-60 times but then forgot stupid people would use it as a conversation starter can attest to this, would be "not sending the transmission out of the back of the car in little bits"

That's probably why it ran so well, it was on a prepped track, on drag slicks with a solid axle.

Aaaand invalid, as far as I'm concerned.

Unless you can buy those tires on the car from the factory, that time means nothing to me. Dodge and their marketing, jeez.

Unless you can buy those tires on the car from the factory, that time means nothing to me. Dodge and their marketing, jeez.
I'm more concerned about what a $200 upgrade can do. If you're going to go dump that kind of money on a car I'm pretty sure you can spare a couple hundred to go even faster if you wanted.

Think he was talking about the Mustang he mentioned before having slicks. The Charger in question was indeed on drag radials though.

Think he was talking about the Mustang he mentioned before having slicks. The Charger in question was indeed on drag radials though.

My bad, that's what I meant.

I'm more concerned about what a $200 upgrade can do. If you're going to go dump that kind of money on a car I'm pretty sure you can spare a couple hundred to go even faster if you wanted.

Of course, but nobody else is using aftermarket upgrades to market a stock car. You can put all kinds of cars on small upgrades that will greatly improve performance.

However, going out and saying "The Hellcat Charger can do 60 in less than 3 seconds!!!*" with "*while on drag radials." in the fine print is just bait for starting ill-informed debates, something Mopar fans are infamous for.

0-60 in 2.9? That's REALLY quick, considering the weight and the price, it's even quicker. I don't really like the new 'facelift' it got. Maybe I'm the only one but liked the old look better.

-Sonny

0-60 in 2.9? That's REALLY quick, considering the weight and the price, it's even quicker. I don't really like the new 'facelift' it got. Maybe I'm the only one but liked the old look better.

-Sonny
I too like the older look better.

I think it's more about the fact that the Hellcats are marketed as drag cars and they do tests at a track with drag radials (the ideal way to race at the strip) because dodge doesn't it's owners to be involved in illegal street racing.

I'd like to see a Hellcat do a 0-60 run done on ordinary street tyres rather than on special drag spec tyres.

Apparently several sources are reporting this car is faster yet, noting that the 2.9 second 0-60 run was NOT full throttle.

Apparently several sources are reporting this car is faster yet, noting that the 2.9 second 0-60 run was NOT full throttle.
That's probably because it'll be slower at full throttle because it won't grip well enough.

Doesn't the car hit 60mph in 1st?

Back