2015 Dodge Charger ( 707HP Charger Hellcat - World's Most Powerful Sedan!)

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 342 comments
Scat Pack Charger
2015-Dodge-Charger-R-T-Scat-Pack.jpg

Dodge Brothers Commercial ft.

Yikes the Challenger pulls of that B5 Blue alot better than the Charger. Awesome to see all these Scat Packs... Seriously considering getting back into a rumbling V8 :drool:

2015-dodge-challenger-r-t-392-skat-pack-shaker-photo-590288-s-1280x782.jpg

I'm the guy in the black jacket staring off into the distance like "I should get a Challenger Scat Pack just like this one..." :lol:

Last edited:
Dodge Brothers Commercial ft.

That gives a little perspective to everything Dodge has been doing lately. Basically, being baller. And a lot of their new performance products really do have over-the-top personalities.

Not that far out into the cabin where you can see it though. I've worked in the auto industry for over 10 years now and it's new to me.

Well the steering wheels are telescopic and go up and down. What else would have them put to accommodate the movements and still look nice?

Well the steering wheels are telescopic and go up and down. What else would have them put to accommodate the movements and still look nice?
I haven't been in the Benzos and BMWs for a while so I don't remember how they do it. I believe it's basically the same except it is further underneath the dash. I seem to remember one BMW using a suede-like material.

EDIT: The 2012 Accord in my driveway has a black leather thing as well.

Usually when we're in the cars we aren't looking at it from the top but when you do, like in that picture, it's obvious. Also consider that the driver might have the wheel extended all the way. Many cars don't telescope very much but I do remember the 300s we'd get at work had a pretty awesome telescoping wheel.

I haven't been in the Benzos and BMWs for a while so I don't remember how they do it. I believe it's basically the same except it is further underneath the dash. I seem to remember one BMW using a suede-like material.

EDIT: The 2012 Accord in my driveway has a black leather thing as well.

Usually when we're in the cars we aren't looking at it from the top but when you do, like in that picture, it's obvious. Also consider that the driver might have the wheel extended all the way. Many cars don't telescope very much but I do remember the 300s we'd get at work had a pretty awesome telescoping wheel.

I pretty much DD this '14 Grand Cherokee. It has the exact same setup. You don't notice it while driving. That camera angle makes it look that way.

Attachments

• IMG_20141114_214323.jpg
    IMG_20141114_214323.jpg
    585.7 KB · Views: 11
sorry for no Link since its apart of the physical magazine and not online (yet).
Car and Driver magazine, just issued for February 2015, features the new Dodge Charger HellCat road test and the announcement of the 600 plus horsepower Cadillac CTS-V sporting the Z06 Corvette V-8, albeit with less horsepower of the 650 'Vette.

Some rather startling achievements by the HellCat surpassing the Cadillac, including the 204 top speed average of the Charger on an oval that creates scrubbing on the banks that reduces the top speed. Cadillac tested their vehicle at the same track only being able to reach 199 mph.

Car and Driver quote: "What feels like teleportation flings you to 60 in 3.4 seconds and to 128 mph in the quarter-mile. From rest to 170 the hairy Hemi posts an average 0.34 g of acceleration. Pleasure receptors think they've been treated to great sex, a tasty sirloin, and Dutch chocolate ice cream--all at once!"

Test Notes: "A micron too much throttle produces an epic burnout. We found rolling into the throttle produced the best acceleration. Top-gear results are among the quickest ever measured, tying the 30-50 time of the SLR McLaren and the 50-70 time of the Tesla Model S."

The HellCat Charger weighs in at 4,592 pounds, the Cadillac a lithe 4,189.

Starting base price of the HellCat is $64,990, the Cadillac base is $85,000.

There's a nice note about the top speed runs of the Charger HellCat and the Cadillac, you'll have to read the articles yourselves. Plenty of plaudits for Chrysler and questions about the Cadillac.

https://www.cars.com/articles/chall...s-in-the-dodge-charger-hellcat-1420680529178/

The quickest pass of the day came after 13 attempts of tweaking the launch, burnout, starting line preparation, electronic driving modes and tire pressure. After all that work we were rewarded with a blistering run of 11.03 seconds at 126.61 mph. It would be an understatement to say the car proved tricky to drive on its factory tires and a lie to say it was anything but a thrill to see those numbers pop up on the track's timing board.

How could they offer the 300C and not the Charger? People here are buying them.
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/BD82D153D753E6FDCA257E8C0000F551
THE Dodge Charger and Challenger power pair may be coming to Australia sooner than first thought – and, if Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) Australia president and CEO Pat Dougherty has his way, the range will be spearheaded by the giant-killing SRT Hellcat.

“We’re in ‘go/no go' mode right now,” the former head of Mopar told GoAuto at the launch of the facelifted Chrysler 300 in Sydney.

“We want to bring the car to market with the top of the range being the Hellcat, then having a regular SRT8, and then an ‘everyman’s’ Charger, something that is affordable for the buying public and not the full performance upgrade,” Mr Dougherty said. “We want to bring it as a complete line-up.”

The SRT Hellcat is one of the most potent cars in FCA's American stable, powered by a 6.2-litre supercharged V8 making 527kW. If it comes to Australia, it will comfortably sit atop of the most powerful Ford Mustang variant currently listed, the 306kW V8 Fastback.

The Charger line-up currently consists of seven models in the United States; SXT, SXT Plus, R/T, R/T Plus, R/T Scat Pack, SRT 392 and SRT Hellcat.

Mr Dougherty, who took over as head of FCA Australia late last year, has made no secret of his desire to bring the Dodge brand to Australia.

Available in the US as both the two-door Challenger and the four-door Charger, FCA Australia would need to rely on the latter name to bring it to market locally, thanks to Mitsubishi’s ownership of the Challenger name.

Mr Dougherty explained that exchange rates were complicating the final decision.

“Right now were in a holding pattern. My position hasn’t changed one bit. Absolutely we’ve got to get that product to market,” he said.

“We don’t want to price the car to the currency. We want to be competitive in the market. We think we’ve got that (price) level fairly well defined, and we know at what level it makes sense for customers, dealers and for the company, and right now it’s right on an edge – and we don’t want to be on that edge bringing a new car to market.”

The Australian dollar has fallen more than 20 per cent in the last 12 months from a high of $US0.91 to its present level of $US0.74. Mr Dougherty said that timing is critical, and will be based on the projected life-cycle of the Charger/Challenger.

“We have this ‘go/no go’ window we’re sitting in right now because of the life of the product, so the life of the current product will determine whether we can ‘go’,” he said.

“We need a certain length of time to achieve the volume of sales we need to achieve (in Australia). We know the demand is there because we’ve been out talking to the dealers, and they’ve been talking to their customers. There’s tremendous backing for the car.

“It’s very exciting and we really want to do it – we’re just a little stuck right now. If the currency can go down that fast, it can climb back up, too.”

Mr Dougherty remains convinced that if the planets do not align for this iteration of the Charger/Challenger, the car will still find its way to Australia.

“We fully intend on going there, and I’m really excited about, and I love the prospect of bringing it here,” he said. “This market loves performance cars. I hear these other competitive makes driving by, and it makes me crazy. It could be us.

“Everybody’s convinced that the car will sell, and I think we have everybody lined up to agree.”

Just like in the US, The Charger would be the better buy because the 300 will offer everything the charger has but will cost more.

Bump for updates.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/06/28/2019-dodge-charger-srt-hellcat-revealed-073119/

The Hellcat raids the Demon parts bin for its "After-Run Chiller" that continues providing cooling to the intercooler after the engine has been shut off. This way you'll still get cool air for another run when you come back and fire it back up. The Charger Hellcat also gets the Demon's fancy "Torque Reserve" system to start generating boost right at launch. Both the Hellcat and the R/T Scat Pack also come with line lock for big smoky burnouts and "Launch Assist" for minimizing wheel hop and maximizing grip. Both cars have the same power and torque as last year's iterations, though.

charger6-1.jpg

Back