2015 Ford Mustang - General Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 6,247 comments
I don't think there's been this much universal backlash towards something Ford did to the Mustang since they tried going FWD.

Well that's taken the brave new look of the current model and played with it for the heck of it. The grille looks too low, the bumper design looks cheap. All they needed to do was give it some new air intakes on the front bumper and be done with it.

Why, Ford, why?!

I honestly don't know why, but the facelift somewhat reminds me of the 2011-2014 Charger. Just with the headlights a tad bit more squinted.
Dodge_Charger_SXT_Plus_2014_%28100th_Anniversary%29.jpg

Might just be me.

Edit: Or...the new Elantra.
hyundai-elantra-2524-002.jpg

Last edited:
So Ford has put the other foot down and killed the V6? I guess that was bound to happen.

I'm not sure why people think it looks so bad. It looks like a Mustang, and I think that's the most important part. Still, it hasn't walked away from my demand to remove that damn pony out of the grille and off of every square inch of the car. Do that on an EcoBoost coupe and I think it'd be quite cool.

The only things that look bad are the lights and the new spoiler. If it kept the same headlight shape then it would look bearable.

Maybe the facelift will grow on me by the time I start looking to buy one around 2020.

It actually looks more Jaguarish when looking at these more recent photos. I'm not actually turned off by the looks that much, my biggest gripe with the front end really are the headlights. I don't understand why they altered the shape of them.

I can see why this is receiving a huge backlash, it looks far less aggressive than it used to be. However, I'm getting Japanese/Korean sports car vibes from the front as a result of the softer look and I do kinda like it.

I really think Ford are trying quite hard to get this out of the pony car looks it's carried for a while and make it look more like an actual Grand Touring sports car. The car seems to get more and more squished vertically and somehow have a wider body stance.

To me it seems the car is going toward a 70s route in looks somewhat.

Back