2015 Ford Mustang - General Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 6,247 comments
My only problem with the white and grey ones posted above are the amber lenses for the sidelights.

Why is the US still using these? It makes it look old already.

Extremely outdated (like 1960's outdated) government laws. I remember reading a few years ago that Audi had to change their adaptive headlights in the US because of a 50+ year old law that said headlights could only have two settings; high and low.

Extremely outdated (like 1960's outdated) government laws. I remember reading a few years ago that Audi had to change their adaptive headlights in the US because of a 50+ year old law that said headlights could only have two settings; high and low.

So does that law prevent manufacturers fitting daytime running lights?

I know Canada has had those on cars for years and EU countries made it a requirement in 2011. For me now, having daytime running lights make sidelights irrelevant.

Also how until the early 80's, cars were required to use sealed beam headlights, rather than the composite headlights available elsewhere.

DRLs are not required in the US, but they are legal and many manufacturers fit them as standard.

Like @buickgnx88 said, DRLs are very common and they are not breaking that law because they only have one setting.

I believe this is the article I was mentioning about the Audi headlights issue.

From the article: "In 1968,... the U.S. instituted a regulation that required all vehicle headlights to be capable of switching from high to low-beam, a distinction eliminated by the self-adjusting Audi lights."

Like @buickgnx88 said, DRLs are very common and they are not breaking that law because they only have one setting.

I believe this is the article I was mentioning about the Audi headlights issue.

From the article: "In 1968,... the U.S. instituted a regulation that required all vehicle headlights to be capable of switching from high to low-beam, a distinction eliminated by the self-adjusting Audi lights."
As much as I love this country...we can be the dumbest ****s on the planet when it comes to refreshing laws.

So does that law prevent manufacturers fitting daytime running lights?

I know Canada has had those on cars for years and EU countries made it a requirement in 2011. For me now, having daytime running lights make sidelights irrelevant.
Cars have had daytime running lights since the 70s, most were not automatic. You had to turn them on.

Sidemarkers are required by law. DRLs are not. It's just that most automakers leave them on in American market models anyway since Canada has had them required for so long. That was why GM leaned so hard to get them legalized in the 1990s.

Last edited:
Well, Shelby made a 50th Anniversary edition of the Super Snake.
http://www.mustangandfords.com/news/1701-shelby-american-announces-50th-anniversary-super-snake/

2017-shelby-50th-anniversary-super-snake-white-front.jpg

What I find amusing is how the Mustang is back to its Fox Body days, with a 2.3L 4-cylinder (albeit turbo only) or a 5.0 V8 as the main engine options (not including the GT350 of course).

The facelifted Mustang cames in two colors Orange Fury (which they showed in the press pics) and Royal Crimson ( which is a new paint name for Ford)
Screenshot_20170121-161452.jpg

On a Mustang forum I found it's paint code is R3. Which is also paint code for Burgundy Velvet.
113442303.jpg
2017_ford_fusion_se_burgundy_velvet_metallic_tinted_clearcoa_in_dresden_missouri_5840004484005770958.jpg

Also the facelift looks very similar the Mustang GTT shown at SEMA .
They both have lower hood and shape of vent below the indicator/foglight.
ford-mustang-gtt-sema-live.jpg

2018-Ford-Mustang-2.jpg

Latest Posts

Back