2015 Ford Mustang - General Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 6,247 comments
'18 Mustang with nrew stripe pattern
2018-Mustang-EcoBoost-Kona-Blue.jpg

I was going to say that the new Mustang and the MX-5 have the same problem. The character line along the fender/wing and the whole front end abruptly drops just in front of the wheel arches. I understand that pedestrian safety requires taller hoods and offset-crash testing requires intense structure around the fenders/wings, but I wish, in both cases, the front end wasn't so droopy.

Safety? No real car guy/gal/person who buys a sportscar/hot rod/Mustang/whatever really cares about that, if they do they should buy a Taurus instead. I have no idea how many "stars" my Jag has and I don't care. What I do know is that it is a classic Jag sportscar, it has a V12 and it's fast, that's all that really matters, oh, and my radar detector was one of the best investments I ever made :D

They're living in a world of "if"s. If this system prevented this, if that system prevented that.

These crash tests should test what actually happens when the car collides with an object or another car. As well as how the airbags perform protecting the occupant's head. Who cares about those safety systems if you are involved in a collision anyway, for whatever reason.

Also, I don't know why but everytime I look at the side of those new headlights I see this:

2013-ram-1500-black-express-front-side-view.jpg

The headlights only of course.

Safety? No real car guy/gal/person who buys a sportscar/hot rod/Mustang/whatever really cares about that, if they do they should buy a Taurus instead. I have no idea how many "stars" my Jag has and I don't care. What I do know is that it is a classic Jag sportscar, it has a V12 and it's fast, that's all that really matters, oh, and my radar detector was one of the best investments I ever made :D

Just because you don't doesn't mean other don't as well. There sure as **** are more people that care than you think.

For example, the insurance company you'll have to go to to tell that you bought a brand new Ford Mustang might be interested in that information.

Or maybe someone with a family or small kids who will occasionally (if not daily) ride in the back seat.

The fact that the car did this poorly turned me off of it completely. If I'm buying a 20 or 30 year old car I don't expect it to be safe, but I get the benefit of a much lighter car which will likely give much more analog feedback to the driver. In a new car I expect the added weight, electronics, lack of visibility, and general level of refinement to give me a car which will be extremely safe. The Mustang is only marginally safe, which simply isn't good enough for a brand new car.

The fact that the car did this poorly turned me off of it completely. If I'm buying a 20 or 30 year old car I don't expect it to be safe, but I get the benefit of a much lighter car which will likely give much more analog feedback to the driver. In a new car I expect the added weight, electronics, lack of visibility, and general level of refinement to give me a car which will be extremely safe. The Mustang is only marginally safe, which simply isn't good enough for a brand new car.

To each their own, but I survived driving...and racing...all those old 60's and 70's hot rods so anything on the road these days is 100 times safer than those. I'll take a 2 star rated Mustang over any 4 star rated Chevy any day.

To each their own, but I survived driving...and racing...all those old 60's and 70's hot rods so anything on the road these days is 100 times safer than those. I'll take a 2 star rated Mustang over any 4 star rated Chevy any day.
And I survived flipping an 02 plate Fiesta at 60 mph. Which, incidentally, got 3 stars on the Euro NCAP tests. If that car hadn't been as safe as it was, I wouldn't be here right now, so if I'm spending as much as a well specced 3 series on a new car I want something capable of saving my life.

To be honest I dont pay as much to safety ratings as i should but I agree new cars are safer but alot of time it depends on the circumstances of the accident.

Back