2015 Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore GP

IMO I would say yes easily, if his team mate was someone like Chilton.
But, would he even make it out of the pit lane?
image.jpeg

Simple better car more chance to win races.

Yeah with skill, I highly doubt you could win anything even if you were in a W06.

And more importantly if the line was so hard to see in who is better than who...why not use team mate analysis to figure that out? Sure there are other factors but Lewis is clearly better than Rosberg, and Vettel clearly better than Kimi (despite what the mass of fans may say). At the end of the day it then comes down to the top guys and I'd say that is where you have an argument, there are areas where each one is better on their day than the other, but in the end they're about equal overall. Alonso, Lewis and Vettel I'd say are quite equal give or take a tenth here and there.

Last edited:
Vettel hasn't teamed with Alonso or Lewis but lost convincingly to Ricciardo.

Where as Alonso and Hamilton where only team mates in Hamiltons Rookie season where they tied in controversial circumstances, so unsure the full story in this regard as Alonso had a few performances where he was absolutely nowhere.

Overall out of these 3 its still nearly impossible to judge where they are.

In this sense you would just have to go by hunch, based on current form.

Vettel hasn't teamed with Alonso or Lewis but lost convincingly to Ricciardo.

Where as Alonso and Hamilton where only team mates in Hamiltons Rookie season where they tied in controversial circumstances, so unsure the full story in this regard as Alonso had a few performances where he was absolutely nowhere.

Overall out of these 3 its still nearly impossible to judge where they are.

That's where the term "sure there are other factors..." comes in to play, the reality is it was a new car that was very different from the V8s and it possibly took Vettel more time to come to speed. But Lewis and Fernando that season (07) both had runaway performances, but that shows just how on par they were, which is vastly different to say Lewis v. Nico. Or even better Vettel v. Kimi, where we have two WDCs.

Ricciardo handled the RB10 much better than Vettel did. Prior to that, Ricciardo wouldn't have had a chance of keeping even with Vettel.

Blame the F1 cars and not the drivers, even I could have had won in a fantastic car that does not make me a bettter driver.
Look what happened to Mercedes did any of those drivers win I didn't think so.
So who really is the best driver?

The driver who is able to strategise around the machinery. Even the drivers in the best cars admit that you need the best car to be close to guaranteeing success. What's your point? That you could win in a Mercedes? Bollocks.

In actual Singaporean news; it was a clamp holding the plenum that failed on Hamilton's car. Woolff says they've been using that design with no problems all season. I bet they don't any more.

Good race, one of the better ones this season, my theory on the intruder is that he didn't know all the roads were shut off to make a race track and he was on his way to the bar whilst thinking 'bloody hell, there are some maniacs on the road tonight!'.....

I thought that piece with Will and Gutierrez sums it up a lot, where he said something along the lines of "It sucks to see how much effort I put into the sport every weekend, and still finish no where near the podium mainly due to the performance of the car."

Will asked him the specifically, "do you think it's the performance of the car?" and Esteban replied back "Yes!"

German television talked about it. They even talked about it being Vettel's third victory with Ferrari in his first year, the same amount of victories Schumacher had in his first Ferrari year.

Another interesting stat. Let's see if he can pass the great man's first year Ferrari total. I wouldn't bet against Vettel, he's always strong in the second half of the season.

I thought that piece with Will and Gutierrez sums it up a lot, where he said something along the lines of "It sucks to see how much effort I put into the sport every weekend, and still finish no where near the podium mainly due to the performance of the car."

Will asked him the specifically, "do you think it's the performance of the car?" and Esteban replied back "Yes!"
When was this?

While I agree to some degree, there are outliers that prove, that they're not going to be top performers even if given the shot. Due to racing guys that were known to be sub-par to the cream of the crop in F1. Some people have to be the best, they dont' all get to be winners.

When was this?
It was an "Off the Grid" production with Will Buxton in the Mandarin Hotel.

While I agree to some degree, there are outliers that prove, that they're not going to be top performers even if given the shot. Due to racing guys that were known to be sub-par to the cream of the crop in F1. Some people have to be the best, they dont' all get to be winners.
So the same would go with Max and with the team he is in?

Ricciardo handled the RB10 much better than Vettel did. Prior to that, Ricciardo wouldn't have had a chance of keeping even with Vettel.
Horner said during the in-season tests at Silverstone in 2013 that Ricciardo was on Vettel's pace in that year's car.
Personally I need to see Vettel beat a team mate that is at his best in a particular era to be truly convinced that he is one of the best, he certainly hasn't had that with Webber who struggled badly with the Pirelli tyres and Kimi who was also heavily outscored by Alonso.

Last edited:
Ah, that was from last season.
At first I thought so because I've never seen that episode yet and the majority of them have been from years past, but the exception for this one was the fact he talked to Rossi and the date stamp on DirecTV said first airing as 9/19/2015...

I can't say that would be the case, Sure Ricciardo probably didn't have as much experience around the Blown diffuser set up but that wouldn't mean an instant loss.

Just going by how in last year in general Vettel was slower pace wise then Ricciardo even when he managed to finish ahead suggests it's a general lack of pace compared to him.

At first I thought so because I've never seen that episode yet and the majority of them have been from years past, but the exception for this one was the fact he talked to Rossi and the date stamp on DirecTV said first airing as 9/19/2015...
I'm confused then... what does Gutierrez have to do with race performance if he's just been a test/reserve driver for Ferrari this season?

Singapore is one of only a few races I can watch live because it just happens to be during school holidays. Thankfully, this race wasn't boring and I'm happy I stayed up until the end. No Mercs on the podium, a second place for Daniel Ricciardo, a third place for Kimi and a win for Ferrari.

So the same would go with Max and with the team he is in?

I wouldn't say that two rookie drivers performing better in their first season then the batch they replaced means they aren't good. Instead I'd say it tells me they're coming to grips better than most. Especially Max who most thought wasn't going to be mature enough. I'd say they're probably as much of championship material as Ricciardo.

However, I don't think Gutierrez will ever be.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed the race. Obviously happy about Max's race. I so hope Ferrari to stay in this form, where they can really attack Mercedes when they are in good shape as well. Suzuka is only a few days away so let's pray for that.

Back