2015 Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore GP

I'd imagine that to be the case; I gave a singular example. For the most part, a street circuit plus a league with a history of mechanical maladies tends to cause lots of retirements. Commentators will look for excuses during events which cannot easily be explained.

Pay Symonds (Williams) was saying before the race that they require far more shielding (and therefore weight) at Singapore than anywhere else. He said that could be all the lighting plus the buried electrical installations in the city.

Bringing up Singapore independence. The only independence that was forced upon a nation.
Isnt the entire nation in the world does that?

I think the only forced there is the critic for the late deceased father of Singapore. But im not really live there so i dont fully know.

So uh...why doesn't Eddie Jordan doesn't get this chance more often. If anything I'd rather he do the interviews and put the drivers on the spot as he usually does.

Vettel showing how brilliant he is, never thought I'd say this after 2013 but glad he wins. Is this a one off race though or have the Fezzas caught the Mercs?

I don't think I've ever heard Kimi speak so many words in one go.

Ever.

Yeah, and he said them all in one sentence, with hardly any space between each word hahaha.

Great weekend! Especially as a Ferrari fan!
First Ferrari pole in dry conditions in 5 years
First non Mercedes pole since Austria last year
Third win for Ferrari this year

Also amazing pace from Ferrari and Red Bull. They were so much quicker than Mercedes all weekend, and in the race there was less than two hundredths of a second between Ricciardo's and Vettel's fastest laps! So evenly matched!

Vettel now has as many wins as Rosberg this year, which is just crazy when you consider how good that Mercedes is!

I have a feeling next year will be much closer. Ferrari still making gains on Mercedes, and Red Bull getting Ferrari engines next year, and add to that the possibility Honda understands where they've gone wrong with their PU, and can fix that for next year, and we might have a number of teams fighting at the pointy end.

Edit: Also the reason for Red Bull being so close to Ferrari is this track puts an emphasis on mechanical grip, and minimizes the difference in engine power. Mercedes still has the power advantage they showed at Monza, but on the chassis side, Ferrari and Red Bull are very good. Mercedes have never been as strong here as other tracks. They've got great aero, but their car seems to suffer on this tight bumpy track.

Yeah, and he said them all in one sentence, with hardly any space between each word hahaha.

Great weekend! Especially as a Ferrari fan!
First Ferrari pole in dry conditions in 5 years
First non Mercedes pole since Austria last year
Third win for Ferrari this year

Also amazing pace from Ferrari and Red Bull. They were so much quicker than Mercedes all weekend, and in the race there was less than two hundredths of a second between Ricciardo's and Vettel's fastest laps! So evenly matched!

Vettel now has as many wins as Rosberg this year, which is just crazy when you consider how good that Mercedes is!

I have a feeling next year will be much closer. Ferrari still making gains on Mercedes, and Red Bull getting Ferrari engines next year, and add to that the possibility Honda understands where they've gone wrong with their PU, and can fix that for next year, and we might have a number of teams fighting at the pointy end.

...Austria had a Mercedes powered machine on the pole, or are you talking about the team? I'm use to people talking about the engine providers in general and not any single team when they're talking about stats. So sorry for my confusion in advance.

I will say Vettel also has as many wins as DR had last year around this time against an equally powerful Merc. The point is yes Rosberg and Vettel have the same amount, but that isn't really crazy when the guy with all the merc wins isn't Rosberg. So the Mercedes from that perspective is still a very scary Machine, but I will say watching Vettel win is probably the only time I've like Ferrari in probably the last 8 years.

...Austria had a Mercedes powered machine on the pole, or are you talking about the team? I'm use to people talking about the engine providers in general and not any single team when they're talking about stats. So sorry for my confusion in advance.

Yeah the factory team I meant, sorry. But you're right, that means it's the first non mercedes powered pole since 2013!

Both drivers on the podium:

Vettel
rex.jpg_480_480_0_64000_0_1_0.jpg

Kimi
McCTpH_E.jpg

Back