2015 General WEC/ELMS/AsLMS Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 3,710 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Machine it your self! As well as the spark plugs, valves, cam followers, timing belt, crankshaft, oil pump, oil sump, oil filter, piston rings, starter motor and a battery. Your almost there!

He's not Bruce Wayne. There are probably plenty of shops in your area that could do a quality engine, I'd say look up who Prodrive use as a builder @Holdenhsvgtsr , for example Pratt and Miller use Katech as the engine builder for all their GM race cars. And I'm pretty sure most groups do this and aren't in house...well technically it is in house cause then the manufacture buys the group building their engines. Merc buying the original ilmor, but I digress.

He's not Bruce Wayne. There are probably plenty of shops in your area that could do a quality engine, I'd say look up who Prodrive use as a builder @Holdenhsvgtsr , for example Pratt and Miller use Katech as the engine builder for all their GM race cars. And I'm pretty sure most groups do this and aren't in house...well technically it is in house cause then the manufacture buys the group building their engines. Merc buying the original ilmor, but I digress.

Exclusive: @Holdenhsvgtsr working on the Aston Martin AMR-Two :P :lol:

Prodrive build the GTE engines internally, the blocks are from the V8 road car as per the regs although parts come from external companies such as Pankl.

Exclusive: @Holdenhsvgtsr working on the Aston Martin AMR-Two :P :lol:

Sssh ;)

There was a guy who owned a subaru on this forum and was banned after the 24h of Le Mans, but he claimed to be an expert, maybe Holden can have him lead the team.

*extra points for those who remember.
The guy that claimed you could build an Impreza to out run an LMP1 car? Nah he's head of PR.

Prodrive build the GTE engines internally, the blocks are from the V8 road car as per the regs although parts come from external companies such as Pankl.

Well there's your answer then. I sure Aston has a distributor for the block, which is then hand assembled in Germany with the rest of the parts by AM. Whoever that is, is your answer. Sometimes however, I think you ask questions not to get a real answer that is sincere but just to combat whatever answer you get.

Well there's your answer then. I sure Aston has a distributor for the block, which is then hand assembled in Germany with the rest of the parts by AM. Whoever that is, is your answer. Sometimes however, I think you ask questions not to get a real answer that is sincere but just to combat whatever answer you get.
It is a nice place if you've seen it
ibr-1289680.jpg

Yeah I can see that happening.
"Can I have an engine please"

"Sure, what do you want?"

"You know the racing engines you make for Aston martin, can I have one of them?"

"Certainly, that will be 50,000 dollars, how would you like to pay?"

:lol::lol:

Yeah I can see that happening.
"Can I have an engine please"

"Sure, what do you want?"

"You know the racing engines you make for Aston martin, can I have one of them?"

"Certainly, that will be 50,000 dollars, how would you like to pay?"

:lol::lol:

That's when he actually tells them he's Bruce Wayne. I see.

I was at the debut the night before the 2015 Chicago Auto Show and I thought they were going to make it into something great. All the guys they had there (especially Darren Cox) were so optimistic, you knew that even if it wasn't fast out of the box they would work their hearts out to make it fast. This was back in February of this year... and the car is already a museum piece.

Given the huge engineering complexities of Nissan's LMP, I'm not surprised they've scrapped their 2016 campaign.

I think everyone learned that an FF LMP1 is currently just not a good idea. It was a great idea, but there's a lot of great ideas. This is just one of the more expensive ones that soured up. Hopefully Nissan make a conventional LMP1 and return. Their LMP2 reliability is something to be proud of.

I think everyone learned that an FF LMP1 is currently just not a good idea. It was a great idea, but there's a lot of great ideas. This is just one of the more expensive ones that soured up. Hopefully Nissan make a conventional LMP1 and return. Their LMP2 reliability is something to be proud of.

I think Nissan's LMP would've been a lot less troublesome if they sent ICE power to the rear wheels and the hybrid power to the front, rather than the other way round. The front engine layout could've worked if they didn't screw up where to send the power.

I wonder how much of this has to do with that fella leaving, and if the 2017 LMP2 regulations for WTSCC and ELMS have them reassessing where they need to be in the future,

Stay classy Nissan.👎👎 Merry F'n Christmas http://www.racer.com/wec-le-mans/item/124746-wec-nissan-quits-lmp1

Nissan has axed its troubled FIA World Endurance LMP1 Program. The Japanese manufacturer alerted employees via e-mail Tuesday morning the Indianapolis-based front-engine GT-R LM NISMO P1 hybrid program has been shuttered. Most employees were on holiday at the time, and according to one team source, those attempting to enter the building found access codes had changed and were locked out.

I think Nissan's LMP would've been a lot less troublesome if they sent ICE power to the rear wheels and the hybrid power to the front, rather than the other way round. The front engine layout could've worked if they didn't screw up where to send the power.

I completely concur.

I've been pessimistic since they announced such a "radical" idea. To be honest, I knew it was coming when they hired that nut head Ben Bowlby. Did Nissan not have a look at the Delta Wing? It has never worked in so many years of existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back