2015 GTP Endurance Series: General Discussion

• Thread starter AJ
  • 2,227 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
On behalf of all of us at CanAm VRL I would like to express our thanks to all of you for your support and condolences. It has been, and will be, a tough few days as we work through this.

We will see you on track at Laguna. Thankfully the Ford GT has room for 2 seats, so we know @lorddragonKD will be in the car with us every step of the way.

I was also sad when i heard the news and id like to offer my sincere condolences to you and the team and friends and family. Not something we all want to hear but have a nice tribute race. We're all apart of this awsome community.

This is hidden way to deep in the forums. I LOVE this Idea. I can't believe I just found it now. Im available to drive for anyone looking.

I don't have an iRacing profile or anything but I finished a GT5 TT in 20th (using DS3) once. #62 I believe. Hope that counts for something.

Anyway. If anyone would like to suggest something for me to get acquainted with a few of the team leaders so they can observe racecraft and things like that, that would be great. Have a nice day fellas.

Ok I'm an idiot. How do i register for this? Do I have to do the WRS qualifier?

Last edited:
This is hidden way to deep in the forums. I LOVE this Idea. I can't believe I just found it now. Im available to drive for anyone looking.

I don't have an iRacing profile or anything but I finished a GT5 TT in 20th (using DS3) once. #62 I believe. Hope that counts for something.

Anyway. If anyone would like to suggest something for me to get acquainted with a few of the team leaders so they can observe racecraft and things like that, that would be great. Have a nice day fellas.

Ok I'm an idiot. How do i register for this? Do I have to do the WRS qualifier?
Your pm to me is enough for me to be interested, it's a busy weekend for me but I'll try reply real soon :)

Im available to drive for anyone looking.

This season is essentially over, but if you can take the Lotus Elise 111R onto Brands Hatch with 275bhp and 920kg and let me know your times, I might just give you a spot on this team :sly:

(You are able to tune it to be however you like, you just have to stick to that power and weight, and only use racing hard tires.)

This season is essentially over, but if you can take the Lotus Elise 111R onto Brands Hatch with 275bhp and 920kg and let me know your times, I might just give you a spot on this team :sly:

(You are able to tune it to be however you like, you just have to stick to that power and weight, and only use racing hard tires.)
One race to go. And its a big one. :)

OK... So the good news is that I am REALLY good at The Elder Scrolls Online but the bad news is that whilst I have been playing that, since June, my driving has gone downhill, seriously :lol:

Good thing I have a fair bit of time til next season because I am going to bloody need it, I am now an officially rubbish driver :lol:

TO THE NURBURGRING I GO!!!!!!!

EDIT: Progress!! Golded the GT3 Seasonal with my trusty N24 winning Z4 at 597PP so a good 33PP less than everyone else, I'll take that for now!

Last edited:
The comms conversation about last season vs this season is great. :) I was planning on skipping the red flag but this is great. :D

Thank you for you work, GTPlanet community

Attachments

• thankyouGTP.jpg
    thankyouGTP.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 35
I have a question that I am curious about. Looking at the results from Laguna my time to get to the track after the driver change was 4 minutes. Most teams show 1 or 2 minute changes. The initial loading screen probably took 2 minutes, then once I could see the lobby maybe another 2 minutes to track. My connection is rock solid, rarely have lag or connection issues. I have a wired connection with all known suggested router settings. I always clear cache before entering for a race. Are there any tweaks to be made to make the process quicker when entering a lobby? Or is it just the luck of the draw when entering a room?

Think it's luck of the draw to be honest same happens with me some .
I've got exact same settings as you wired connection fibre optic all ports opened to best settings but sometimes it just takes a while to enter a room.
Try rebuilding the PS3 system as it helped me last time not had any issues since

Last edited:
ORA Racing Team is unfortunately potentially losing a driver for the Spa 24 hour. If anybody is available and keen to join us, please send me a PM.

@AJ what exactly happens with the awarding of a championship? Right now they all say provisional and to be awarded at the end of the season?

Sk8, I'm expecting an FIA awards night Gala style event where drivers and TM's are flown to a massive venue for a celebration of the season... wait I didn't win anything, I'm not invited nooooo.
I expect AJ to do some sort of award post or series of twitter announcements after all the championship things have wrapped up. Essentially don't go get banned between now and the awards ceremony!!

Sk8, I'm expecting an FIA awards night Gala style event where drivers and TM's are flown to a massive venue for a celebration of the season... wait I didn't win anything, I'm not invited nooooo.
I expect AJ to do some sort of award post or series of twitter announcements after all the championship things have wrapped up. Essentially don't go get banned between now and the awards ceremony!!
So... no posting doge vipers all over teh forums? :lol:

Sorry for such short notice everyone but I need a single driver for today's race preferably gold or platinum but silver will do as well. Please PM me if you can do it.

Hey guys, today is the finale but if anyone is interested in a new driver for next season it'd be great. Just PM me

Hey guys, today is the finale but if anyone is interested in a new driver for next season it'd be great. Just PM me
This guy is quite slow (~1.5 seconds per minute off gold pace [spa]), but he did improve by about 2 seconds per minute in 24 hour period at [spa], so he does have the potential to become a good driver with the right team.

Last edited:
I want to start off by thanking everyone who has been involved with the GTP:ES this year. Whether that was as a driver, team managers, stewards, comms team and all of the officials, you should all be very proud of what we as a community have accomplished this year. This series will continue to grow and evolve and I can only see things improving as time goes on.

Secondly I want to congratulate all of the championship victors throughout all of the classes. It has been a long season, and teams have worked extremely hard to accomplish their results. I also want to congratulate the individual race winners for their respective classes, as well as the podium finishers in each class. The competition is so tough it is an achievement to finish on the podium, and you should be proud of yourselves.

I want to apologise to any drivers who I have caused inconvenience for during the season, but mainly to the other drivers in RoR. Last year was a really great year for me, making the top 10 UK at GTA Nationals, solid season in GT too. This season has been a long way short of my expectations performance wise. But enough about me.

If I don't see you on track in other series before, I wish you all happy holidays (I know its a few months away), enjoy the season break and good luck for 2016!

I want to start by thanking @AJ for organizing such an amazing series. I'm sure he's spent a few nights awake trying to make this the best series possible.

Now that that's out of the way I wanna go on to thank all of the drivers that have driven for me this season. It's been a great year. We had our highs and lows. But as a team we always pulled through. Some drivers came, some drivers went. But without them we wouldn't have been able to grow as a team and get better.

All in all I just wanna thank everyone for a spectacular season.

So I just want to congratulate everyone who took part in GTPES this season. You all took a lot of time out of your lives and put in so much effort to make this event such a wonderful racing spectacle!!! Thanks to @AJ for birthing such a beautiful creation, without this the community wouldn't be nearly as tightly knit, although I do have to say that there are names I would like to mention that need a good kicking as per their comments on the streams and whatnot, it really spoils the atmosphere in parts but thankfully the rest of the collective aren't as pathetic and display a modicum of maturity to more than make up for it, so thank you!! Thank you also to the Comms team, the directors, stewards and anyone else that contributes to the scheme of things that may not always get a prominent feature or mention.

I'd like to thanks @swiftsmith for the chance to race at Swift Autosport this season, it has been a pleasure and the perfect environment for me to return to the GTPES after GTORacing pulled out early on. I know I was only part of the squad towards the latter half of their season, but I feel as though I was trusted to improve even after races that would have seen me sidelined for the remainder of the season. Big thanks to my co-drivers in the races I've been involved in; @dangerzone641, @GTP Ziggy, @Rob Ledwell @Hayden norris ... Gutted I couldn't have the pleasure of seeing @StigsTC and @gillesthegt6 take to the track and working with them in the way I would have wanted to, but your words and ethic towards the Swift team were definitely there and helped me a lot, so thank you!!

Last edited:
maybe a bit too soon to be suggesting things but I'm wanting to push extremely hard to get this beautiful car into the Endurance Series next season!

xr9BUO7Uo2Ke0QNSQ_0.jpg

Car: Subaru IMPREZA Touring Car (2012 Subaru Impreza WRX STi N24 S206 Challenge)

Proposed Class: TCN-1

We also just really need a proper Subaru!

EDIT: we could also add the wonderful 2011 Nissan GT-R Schulze Motorsport N24 car as well! I think if they're BoP'd correctly, with both being AWD, they'd be a good match up in a race!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back