2015 GTP Endurance Series: General Discussion

• Thread starter AJ
  • 2,227 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure if this is the place to do this at all but I would like to suggest adding in the 2010 Subaru Impreza TC into next season as a TCN-1 as it accurately resembles the 2011/2012 Subaru Impreza N24 SP3-T car

EDIT: Also, it doesn't really help the fact that I had to do a LOT of digging to find the specs for this car to accurately replicate it, since it can be so obscure at times I swear. I'm gonna test it against the current TCN-1 car, the Lexus CCS-R to see what lap times they can both do on the nurb

Also, should replace that dreadful looking CR-Z with the Integra DC5 TC

Last edited:
dreadful looking CR-Z
Hey!?! :D

The reasoning behind this year's TCN-1 line up was the cars were more "current" the original line up considered included the civic RM, golf RM and the integra RM. The CCS-R was added quite late in the bop proceedings.

Hey!?! :D

The reasoning behind this year's TCN-1 line up was the cars were more "current" the original line up considered included the civic RM, golf RM and the integra RM. The CCS-R was added quite late in the bop proceedings.
I understand this my friend! I'm just not all too partial to the CR-Z, not because it's fast, but because it's just really ugly XD Plus, it's the only car in the class without a real life counterpart (to my knowledge).

Also, a late congrats to your team on the TCN-1 Championship 👍

2015 Week 35 Cake Days

The following Registered Drivers are celebrating their GTP Anniversary this week;

7 Years
@weescotman

5 Years
@Alien96

2 Years
@MrRossy46

1 Year
@trymi

f1-italian-gp-2011-vitaly-petrov-lotus-renault-gp-blows-ou-the-candles-on-his-birthday-cak.jpg

Hi guys

Unfortunately it looks like GHH will be needing 2 drivers for the Spa 24hr race.

GT3 class, GTR Kazboat is the weapon.

Please don't reply here, instead can you please PM me if you are keen 👍

Cheers

HP

I have one confirmed and have a few others making inquiries so there'll be no more PM's required thanks folks.

@Mike458 - Didn't get a PM from you in the end.

I know I'm coming to the course making for 2016 a little late, but I have been working on an elevated Sonoma Raceway. There have been a couple of liberties taken when it comes to the pit straight and the preceding turn 10. However up to the inner loop is very close to accurate, save a couple of cliffs that may have happened because I placed anchors too closely. I'm still ironing it out (pun intended) but it seems to be going rather well.

I just wanted to give a MASSIVE shout out to GHH, GTP, @AJ and GTPES for a few reasons.

So far we have 1 GT Academy Champion in @MINT_GTR , 1 GT Academy finalist (possible victor yet to be determined) in @Pedroeol, 1 drivers champion for GT Cup in @Beau Albert, 1 team championship for GT Cup and one guy who was too young to do GT Academy but was invited to be a VIP with Nissan at the Aus nationals - that was @beau231 who will be back in future years to do himself, and GHH proud!

The success of GHH is a combination of a few things. We have good people, an amazing league that we are a part of and a community, here at GTP, that allows us to flourish.

I honestly could never have thought that we would come this far in just a few years, it honestly makes me pinch myself even now.

So I want to say:

1. THANK YOU to @Jordan, @Famine and your team for such an amazing platform, in GTP, that has been provided to us and which enables us to do what we do :)
2. MASSIVE RESPECT to @AJ, and team for giving GHH such an awesome series to participate in! The time you guys put in, and I mean comms and stewards as well, is not lost on us :)
2. GOODLUCK to @Pedroeol in the European GT Academy! You haven't been with us long but you are a key member man, we are all behind you and we seriously wish you the best bro!
3. MASSIVE PROPS to @MINT_GTR for your efforts in finishing 1st out of 50,000 GT Academy entrants, WOW I am still pinching myself!

And finally THANK YOU to all of GHH from our original team, back in late 2011, to our current incarnation. This includes regular members, part timers, those who joined but couldn't race and those who offered to fill in. Thank you to all of you :)

I thank also our opponents, we wouldn't have had the highs and lows without you guys!

I can't wait for 2016 (and the rest of this season) and I look forward to getting myself back on the track to battle it out with you all, it's been too long!

Cheers guys :)

HP

Hi all,

Recently I've had trouble requiring services of my usual drivers for this weekend's Monterey SC, largely due to its time of day and it being the day of the Bathurst 1000.

If there are any platinum (or gold) drivers who are keen to race in this event in LMP3, please send me a PM.

Cheers, Jono.

Edit: Driver found.

Last edited:
I am sad to announce that yesterday afternoon @F1Racer68 (Can Am VRL Team Manger) informed me that @lorddragonKD sadly passed away earlier this week.

He was a central and founding member of Can Am VRL for over 6 years.

Whilst he had a pre-existing medical condition, it is not known to us at this time if it was a contributing factor to his sudden death. He was 30 years old.

I am sure you will all join me in sending our best wishes and condolences to his family and friends. If you click the 'like' button, your sentiments are understood.

We will hold a Minute of Applause before the start of this weekend's race, which was to be his last with the Series. Further details will be sent to the starting drivers.

As only 3/4 of the LM GTE teams are due to qualify for the race, the Team Manger of the #51 has graciously withdrawn from the event to guarantee Can Am VRL's participation.

This is honestly quite upsetting news to hear. While I never knew the man personally, nor do I think I had the pleasure of racing against and alongside him, I do hope that he continues to race hard and wait for us all at the finish line. Many condolences to him, his family, and all of Can Am VRL

Very sad to hear that @lorddragonKD has passed away, I never knew him, but he seemed like a very nice person and someone who I wished I had the opportunity to race against. I send my condolences to his family and friends... I mean, this is just beyond words to hear that a very nice person here has passed away.

May I suggest that we do a moment of silence before the race at Laguna to commemorate his passing?

Very sad to hear that @lorddragonKD has passed away, I never knew him, but he seemed like a very nice person and someone who I wished I had the opportunity to race against. I send my condolences to his family and friends... I mean, this is just beyond words to hear that a very nice person here has passed away.

May I suggest that we do a moment of silence before the race at Laguna to commemorate his passing?
Already being planned mate

Very sad news about his passing. I offer my condolences and support to his friends, family, and teammates at Can Am VRL. Having someone close to you, including friends over the internet, pass away is one of the worst feelings anyone will experience in their lifetime. Tomorrow's race at Laguna Seca will be a hard one for those who knew lorddragonKD, worked with him, and competed against him. To be frank, 30 is too young to be called to heaven. I do not understand why God does what he does, and takes who he takes. The only thing I do understand is that Heaven needed another driver, and like flowers in a field, Heaven picked the best.

I'll most likely be watching the race tomorrow and be present on the YouTube chatbox. I'll see you all then.

Very sad news about his passing. I offer my condolences and support to his friends, family, and teammates at Can Am VRL. Having someone close to you, including friends over the internet, pass away is one of the worst feelings anyone will experience in their lifetime. Tomorrow's race at Laguna Seca will be a hard one for those who knew lorddragonKD, worked with him, and competed against him. To be frank, 30 is too young to be called to heaven. I do not understand why God does what he does, and takes who he takes. The only thing I do understand is that Heaven needed another driver, and like flowers in a field, Heaven picked the best.

I'll most likely be watching the race tomorrow and be present on the YouTube chatbox. I'll see you all then.
very well written Bambi, and spoken truly from the heart.

I'm very sad to learn about the passing of @lorddragonKD. It is tough to lose a member of the GTPlanet community, especially one who was such an active participant in the community with the Endurance Series. My thoughts and prayers are with his family; may he rest in peace.

On behalf of all of us at CanAm VRL I would like to express our thanks to all of you for your support and condolences. It has been, and will be, a tough few days as we work through this.

We will see you on track at Laguna. Thankfully the Ford GT has room for 2 seats, so we know @lorddragonKD will be in the car with us every step of the way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back