2015 GTP Endurance Series: General Discussion

• Thread starter AJ
  • 2,227 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be no change to the schedules for Rounds 22, 23, or 24.

For those taking part in Round 22 this weekend, please remember to update your game well before you are due to join a lobby.

For those wondering why the provisional 2016 calendar was looking a bit short, particularly for the GT side, you now know why.

AJ
There will be no change to the schedules for Rounds 22, 23, or 24.

For those taking part in Round 22 this weekend, please remember to update your game well before you are due to join a lobby.

For those wondering why the provisional 2016 calendar was looking a bit short, particularly for the GT side, you now know why.
wait, so my theory is confirmed? :D

paul0.1.png

It's a shame I messed up on the scaling, but I'm very happy with this one! :)View attachment 454338

Scaling and corner radii are critical. As elevation change and variable track width is not included in 1.0, scaling has to be skewed to compensate and maintain track length otherwise you end up with track that are much longer than they should be. The easiest tracks to recreate at the moment are very flat ones with green rural surroundings, Hockenheim for example. Carlos Place and the Glen were hopeless. Elkhart Lake was doable with some compensation.

AJ
Scaling and corner radii are critical. As elevation change and variable track width is not included in 1.0, scaling has to be skewed to compensate and maintain track length otherwise you end up with track that are much longer than they should be. The easiest tracks to recreate at the moment are very flat ones with green rural surroundings, Hockenheim for example. Carlos Place and the Glen were hopeless. Elkhart Lake was doable with some compensation.
Yeah exactly. Imola is not over 8km long but that's what I got. It's still enjoyable, but I aim to get as close as I can with Magny Cours.

Seems the minimum radius of a corner is quite large making hairpins relatively difficult to pull off.
To an extent this appears to be true for chicanes as well. I'm looking forward to see what AJ comes up with and uses in the series.

Using a image overlay is great you can get the basic track layout down easy and then fine tune it.
Scale and track width are the biggest issues but once you get your head round it , it's great

View attachment 454839

My efforts so far, needs some tweaking, and better curb placement, but close enough for a first attempt.

Here is the real one for reference as I'm guessing a lot of people outside the UK won't recognise Snetterton.
View attachment 454840

Recognise it's one of few tracks I've taken my car on a track day too.
And the only track that my tow straps were put to the test after after dumping it in the kitty litter on the entrance to brundle

Finally get to race this in GT! Working on my 3rd edit so far. Version 0.2 is shared currently.
I can't wait for you to get it perfected. I've already downloaded v 0.2 and am looking forward to trying it out this weekend. 👍

I've been wondering if it was possible to do Sonoma, but I feel that it's not really possible because of the start/finish. Anyone else have luck with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back