2015 Pirelli Hungarian Grand Prix

How is the American coverage? It's blocked in Canada because TSN has the rights. (They use BBC coverage).

It's not bad, I mean we don't have to worry about them trying to plead for Rossi every GP weekend. And I suspect that with HAAS they wont be trying to make better of a situation than need be. So the nationalistic bit not being there will be nice, cause I follow Sky coverage a lot and it does get bad.

Even the introduction sequence is blatantly biased, showing the gratuitous slow-motion replay of the Hamilton-Rosberg contact at Spa last year with Hamilton's voice shouting "Nico hit me! Nico's hit me!", which casts Hamilton as the hero and Rosberg as the villain and removes any sort of context that would allow the audience to come to this conclusion independently.
It was the most controversial event in the battle for the 2014 championship so of course they are going to show it.

It was the most controversial event in the battle for the 2014 championship so of course they are going to show it.
But it's the way they show it that's the problem. It's not footage; it's an animation in lurud, gratuitous detail. To any newcomer to the sport, it immediately presents Rosberg as a villain who cheats to get his way. Which I am not only sure doesn't bother Sky, but is their intention.

Remind me again. Who was it that deliberately put his car in a position where it could hit the car in front?

To any newcomer to the sport, it immediately presents Rosberg as a villain who cheats to get his way. Which I am not only sure doesn't bother Sky, but is their intention.
And if Rosberg had a problem with it, he'd probably make it known. If I recall correctly, it was Rosbeg who admitted to purposely hitting Hamilton's tyre to 'prove a point'.

It's probably their intention, but not in a harmful way. F1 needs to be more lucrative to the viewer so in order for that to happen, why not make a villian out of what was last season's biggest talking point. And it's not exactly a false accusation, as I just said, Rosberg did admit of doing it purposely.

But anyway, a fantastic piece there on Jules. Definitely a tear-jerker. :(

And if Rosberg had a problem with it, he'd probably make it known. If I recall correctly, it was Rosbeg who admitted to purposely hitting Hamilton's tyre to 'prove a point'.
I doubt that any driver would admit to hit the tire of an opponent on purpose, specially to "prove a point".

But it's the way they show it that's the problem. It's not footage; it's an animation in lurud, gratuitous detail. To any newcomer to the sport, it immediately presents Rosberg as a villain who cheats to get his way. Which I am not only sure doesn't bother Sky, but is their intention.
Reality is Bias.

It's probably their intention, but not in a harmful way. F1 needs to be more lucrative to the viewer so in order for that to happen, why not make a villian out of what was last season's biggest talking point. And it's not exactly a false accusation, as I just said, Rosberg did admit of doing it purposely.

But anyway, a fantastic piece there on Jules. Definitely a tear-jerker. :(

Err no. Leaving his car in harms way yes. That was to make a point to the team. Once or twice Hamilton had passed Rosberg in a way that meant that either Rosberg backed off or they would crash. This just went a little bit wrong for him. His fault? Definitely. Deliberate? Not a chance.

But the new viewer doesn't know that. No context is provided, so they're forced to assume that Rosberg is and always has been the villain.

Go Finger Boy.

Lewis down in 10-ish.

Probably the best possible first lap from an excitement point of view...

Unless you're Lewis Hamilton.

Back