2015 Round 2 - Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit - GT-R NISMO GT3 Team RJN.

• Thread starter numbnuts70
  • 384 comments
We have exactly the same time :cheers:.

I'll try to improve but as you said, a perfect, clean lap is needed. Some days I seem to make a perfect first part while on other days I seem to nail the second.

I need to find time to make a last long stint.
Yah going to try and give it another go tonight after putting kid to bed. Lol hope I get some good laps in quick. Looks like wife is going to pop a kid out sooner than expected.

@outlaw4rc lol no way I put in 6-7 hour stint straight what I ment was that I put in 3 stints of 2 hours for each stint :P
Ah, okay. That sounds more sane. I might've done a 6 hour stint last year and was utterly exhausted at the end.
It's just me I can do every corner right some all the time and others I just seem to forget how to drive :dunce:. Would be nice just to lace one real good lap. Would love to be able to crack into the 21s
On my 22.2xx lap, I couldn't get the car turning at Graham Hill but my Surtees - my weakest turn - was great. Stirlings was another corner that was flubbed. If I really want to nitpick, only Paddock I could say I ran the best I could have. I can't say I have run one real good lap yet, not even close.

Ah, okay. That sounds more sane. I might've done a 6 hour stint last year and was utterly exhausted at the end.
On my 22.2xx lap, I couldn't get the car turning at Graham Hill but my Surtees - my weakest turn - was great. Stirlings was another corner that was flubbed. If I really want to nitpick, only Paddock I could say I ran the best I could have. I can't say I have run one real good lap yet, not even close.
Same here nail most corners and then mess up at least one or two. Not a big mess up just a small one that cost dearly.

I just don't know how to take turn 5. People say you can drop a lot of time there. I can't
I presume you're talking about Hawthorns:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brands_Hatch#/media/File:Brands_Hatch.svg

I'll refer to my run here:

@ 42 second mark: A red part of fencing will be on your right. That's your braking point. On that run, I didn't quite go full brake but I immediately downshifted to 4th, scrubbing off much of my speed. Notice I'm still carrying some brake as I turn. That will help with rotation but you will need to turn relatively quickly and hard or you'll miss the line like in your video. The difficult part is not scrubbing off too much speed because you'll get too close to the cones and touch them. Stay off the gas until reaching the first set of cones. If you get a lot of understeer on exit, that means you didn't attack the corner hard enough.
Same here nail most corners and then mess up at least one or two. Not a big mess up just a small one that cost dearly.
Dearly = a car length :lol:

Here's a list of the top countries in the top 100 & how many players from each country so far in Round 2 :

13 - United Kingdom
12 - Spain
12 - France
11 - Japan
9 - Australia
8 - United States
8 - Italy
5 - Portugal
3 - Finland
3 - Poland
2 - Germany
2 - Brazil
2 - Norway
2 - Sweeden
2 - Turkey
1 - Canada
1 - Netherlands
1 - Thailand
1 - Niger
1 - India
1 - Denmark
Hope I didn't get any flags wrong? If I did my apologies.

Lol you said it man. Was up .4 on my best out of Surtees. Held it all the way to second last corner touched the grass running a bit wide. CRASH :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:🤬🤬🤬🤬:dunce::dunce:
I'll give you credit for being that far up that deep into the lap. I'm more of a see-saw: gain a little there, lose some there. Surtees is where most of my viable runs end although it may be the the only corner of the circuit where I haven't crashed yet... if you don't count going wide into the grass as crashing.

I may give it one last push but otherwise I'm finished with this round.

I presume you're talking about Hawthorns:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brands_Hatch#/media/File:Brands_Hatch.svg

I'll refer to my run here:

@ 42 second mark: A red part of fencing will be on your right. That's your braking point. On that run, I didn't quite go full brake but I immediately downshifted to 4th, scrubbing off much of my speed. Notice I'm still carrying some brake as I turn. That will help with rotation but you will need to turn relatively quickly and hard or you'll miss the line like in your video. The difficult part is not scrubbing off too much speed because you'll get too close to the cones and touch them. Stay off the gas until reaching the first set of cones. If you get a lot of understeer on exit, that means you didn't attack the corner hard enough.
Dearly = a car length :lol:

Thanks. This is ver clear and concise instruction! Ill put it to use! How do you think id save in my vid if I took this corner like you said here

Lol you said it man. Was up .4 on my best out of Surtees. Held it all the way to second last corner touched the grass running a bit wide. CRASH :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:🤬🤬🤬🤬:dunce::dunce:
Yep I know the feeling I did the exact same thing tonight was probably looking @ a flat 1:22 possibly that miracle high 1:21 🤬:banghead:🤬:banghead::mad::grumpy::ouch: down to a 1:22.389 so close yet so far... My problem is @ druids bend (2nd corner) I can't get that slide thing happening around there like the aliens & then surtees (4th corner) OMG don't get me started the rest I can manage ok I'll keep pushing though! Great battle in my friends list shout out to TRL_EVOLUTION, TRL_Beau, TRL_Growling, MuhRu1s, IBZ6L20VT, GREASYSAMSQUANCH, Silex95, TRL_VIPER, TRL_Mixi125 & apex2691 :bowdown::D:gtpflag:

Last edited:
@Tidgney thanks for the guide mate really helped.

On my best lap 1.22.9 I am for sure 1.5 to 2tenths up on you on the run up to surtess. By the Time we are leaving Westfield we are level.

Then on the run to Stirling your slightly ahead by 2 3 tenths maybe but your blue line crashes to the right barrier. I finish the last 2 corners well and end up a second down. Do u see my blue line in ure laps? Where do I lose out?
Thanks

No worries at all :)!

If you're that far ahead of me your equal or even better than immortal so you're doing well there keep it up! I don't play with the blue lines on as the names can be very distracting and annoying!! As mentioned in my video the start of the lap isn't really where you'll lose or gain a massive amount of time! Sure you can gain/lose some there but it's the GP section of the track where all the time is to be honest!

Stirling is a very crucial corner because it has a long acceleration period after it so you have to be super aggressive through there to maintain a good speed out and maintain speed all the way down the straight to clearways.

Yep I know the feeling I did the exact same thing tonight was probably looking @ a flat 1:22 possibly that miracle high 1:21 🤬:banghead:🤬:banghead::mad::grumpy::ouch: down to a 1:22.389 so close yet so far... My problem is @ druids bend (2nd corner) I can't get that slide thing happening around there like the aliens & then surtees (4th corner) OMG don't get me started the rest I can manage ok I'll keep pushing though! Great battle in my friends list shout out to TRL_EVOLUTION, TRL_Beau, TRL_Growling, MuhRu1s, IBZ6L20VT, GREASYSAMSQUANCH, Silex95, TRL_VIPER, TRL_Mixi125 & apex2691 :bowdown::D:gtpflag:

I am unlikely to improve as all the time I'll have to play (wich is just a little...) will go to the Nürburgring TT. Good luck in that chase. Surely you'll improve. I saw you in the past making some astonishing times. Keep pushing, mate!

I am unlikely to improve as all the time I'll have to play (wich is just a little...) will go to the Nürburgring TT. Good luck in that chase. Surely you'll improve. I saw you in the past making some astonishing times. Keep pushing, mate!
Thanks mate, nurburg tt looks like fun but I'm just focusing on the academy for now. U've set a great pace @ brands hatch tough to beat great job!

down from 1:25:1** to 1:24:6* ... I think with I can go down to 1:24*3 at max with some more dedication...but I think that'll be the best I can get out of it for this round....

Can somebody clarify this please...i just wandered around a bit on the GT Academy facebookpage.

Now it says that for the participating countries of the Europe group...there are no National Finals...
So just to get this straight...I'm for Belgium..
So that means... the 2 fastest Belgian drivers in round 4 will go straight to racecamp and there will not be any National Event for Belgium whatsoever??

pulled a 22.199, still some time to gain in the begining but i'm so lost in the 2nd fast right bend (watch a plan) oh yeah the Sheen curve :P
if i stay on the side of the track like the firsts guys, i just can't make it fast, i turn but the car won't follow the line... and if i turn earlier, i say "hello the cones"...
if i want to have a good rear rotation, i need to make a "rounded" line to have a good weight transfert... 👎

oh and i saw the round is over next week? why they close the leaderbords? :irked: i would take my time for this...
last year, the rounds weren't open until the end of the GTA online events?

Finally the penny dropped for me on how to maintain traction through all of these corners. I'm used to rfactor where you have a more realistic way of controlling slip and traction with throttle and steering. Finally understand now it's all about turn in/then throttle early and smoothly straighten stearing angle AROUND the apex whilst full power and keep turning until you've git a little opposite lock as approaching the exit whilst full throttle. So satisfying to feel the ffb on a constant grip around the entirety of the corner. Completely different driving style than I would do in a real car for fear of saying hello to the barriers every second lap... But hey finally I'm into the 1:22's with this style and gonna push harder tomorrow! Yew!

The GTA deal is super cool and weather I ever touch the hand of God and enter the zone so deep that things slow down, only dedication and focus will ever move the needle in the right direction. I took a deep breath some months ago and chucked my old worn out DFGT. It was replaced w/ a T300 and I got that feeling I used to get when I rode a new dirt bike or a freshly built race car. It was a game changer. I always thought that my old wheel was a problem but now it's so obvious. I just cracked into the top 800 and I feel like I can reach deeper, roostying a new scooter is such a confidence builder. I highly recommend it.

Good Luk everyone 👍

^^

Man!! I have been so tempted to do the same. My DFGT has been in constant use since 2008. I was holding out for a new wheel, but might have to sneak that TS300 into the house without the wife noticing.

Pretty happy with tonight's run got myself a 1:22.420 a whole 2 tenths a better than my previous best.

I can still see another 0.4 as I really bottled the GP section when I saw a blue -0.538 on my ghost time but sitting 92nd ain't to shabby

Back