2015 Round 2 - Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit - GT-R NISMO GT3 Team RJN.

• Thread starter numbnuts70
  • 384 comments
i did it! Pulled A 1:24:6** a few days ago...and i only thought I could improve towards a 1:24:3** at most..

just did a 1:23:9** I'm very glad..

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find reading material/videos/forums that elaborate on driving styles?

After watching a few of the top lap replays I realise that I'm doing way too much work on wheel and throttle compared to the fluid nature of the top times - specifically on turn in and power around the apex's

Any suggestions?

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find reading material/videos/forums that elaborate on driving styles?

After watching a few of the top lap replays I realise that I'm doing way too much work on wheel and throttle compared to the fluid nature of the top times - specifically on turn in and power around the apex's

Any suggestions?
Find ways to be faster with your style. Dont change it. Youll focus too much on that and it will pull from your concentration on the track.

Any suggestions?

Follow the yellow brick road and find the Jose Mourinho of the GT6 world ;)

Th
Find ways to be faster with your style. Dont change it. Youll focus too much on that and it will pull from your concentration on the track.
Thanks Alex, that's good advice I'll take on board. You've reminded me that driving is supposed to be fun - can only do what's within our limits I guess :)

Follow the yellow brick road and find the Jose Mourinho of the GT6 world ;)
Haha ok. Maybe I'll find Mourinho in 2016. This acadamy I've got a lot more of that yellow brick road to travel;) I'm still in the munchkin land

Down to a 1:22.120 with a few laps that could've been 21s. Feedback at 7 has really helped although it does wear me out rather quickly.

Man wish I could be playing. Bigger and better things have happened. Had a baby boy on the 14th. It's the mini samsqanch. Good luck hit the 21s for me.
Congrats! A future racing champion in the family, perhaps? :sly:

I'll give it one final push tomorrow. Gonna need some luck with trailbraking to get it done.

Congrats! A future racing champion in the family, perhaps? :sly:

I'll give it one final push tomorrow. Gonna need some luck with trailbraking to get it done.
In the words of big black. "Do work son" getting out tomorrow so might be able to get some work done myself.

29 for USA but i think 24 or 25 without the ineligibles. I fan def get top 20 this round

Nice job keep pushing
But not trying to rain on your parade but these early rounds ppl don't really push as hard or try as hard you'll see in round 4 what I'm talking about it will be much much harder to even break top 30 in USA for round 4

Well I would have given this one more go this morning if I could log into PSN :banghead:.
I'll take it as a sign to get my real car ready for the track this coming Friday...

Put him karts! Haha
Lol already have my four year old wanting go karts. Kid loves to watch any kind of racing with me. F1 and Kimi Raikkonen are his favorite. Hopefully the Gt gods will be on my side and let me get a couple laps in tonight. And even better would be for them to grant me a 21.for baby gift. Lol can only hope.

Lol already have my four year old wanting go karts. Kid loves to watch any kind of racing with me. F1 and Kimi Raikkonen are his favorite. Hopefully the Gt gods will be on my side and let me get a couple laps in tonight. And even better would be for them to grant me a 21.for baby gift. Lol can only hope.
Kimi is so funny. You should take a picture every month of him growing and then time lapse them into a video

Kimi is so funny. You should take a picture every month of him growing and then time lapse them into a video
Wife is pro photographer plenty of pics. Anyway way off topic. Won't be able to do any laps tonight only ten hrs sleep for four days. Tomorrow I will give it one last go. Good luck in your quest to the top. Keep pushing and try not to drive yourself crazy playing. :scared:

Pushed with everything I had and I just couldn't hit a 21 anything. The only shot I had was throwing a hail mary at a corner and hoped it would stick. Just wasn't there. :grumpy:

i failed so many times, so many good starts with Sectors 1 in .7XX (even a .706) thrown at Sheene bend or another f *** late place (i experimented it tonight again), the good lap can be done in 15 minutes or in 3 hours depending of the feeling, i have just experimented it earlier, push hard and it will be done.
maybe later with the feeling you'll imrpove.

i made a 21.899 in nearly 3 hours of torture, and still a tenth or maybe more on the track, But go back for search it will kill me i think, i wanted to down in 21', it's done properly, now stop.

i still love you, Brands Hatch, but i need some space for now :P

Have been battling for a week to improve on my 1:24.011 and get below 1:23.00 and was about to throw in the towel. Haven't played for two days though so just gave it another shot. Glad I did.
Improved to 1:23.891 and for good measure, did another 1:23.891 about a half an hour later, pos # 1,360.
Maybe have a quick go tomorrow if I have time.

Back