2015 Round 4 - Circuit de la Sarthe 2013 - GT-R LM NISMO

• Thread starter numbnuts70
  • 729 comments
Honestly I'm quiete happy that this last round is over tomorrow.

Really could not find any joy in driving this car. The strange style of driving needed for it is nothing for me and made no fun at all.

Hope next year they will not choose this one again ;)

Stuck on 3:34.0 for nearly the whole 2 weeks, felt I couldn't give any more, started it up yesterday and knocked FOUR seconds off and down to 3:29.8?!?! If only I did this the first week, I'd have loved to have found the extra time needed to qualify!

135th in the UK is a huge improvement from last year. Well done to the guys who are smashing the .24s :bowdown:

Roll on next year!

3:29.6 after 2 hours of practice.
But I know myself, I usually get the peak fast and it's hard for me to improve, so I think I may stop here, considering also how I'm hating this car. I prefer mental sanity.

Felt so brave that I decided to give this one more go... Spend more than few hours to it and couple of times got withing 4 tenths from my record... Really didn't look too good so I guess I have to be happy that I made at least one lap below 26.5 witch I think is actually really good from me considering how god damn awful this car was to drive :D I mean I just love to drive around De La Sarthe in LMP's it's mostly great fun but this one really felt "fun" for 5 minutes all moments counted together from past two weeks :lol: and after watching Nissan to perform at Le Mans I can't really do nothing but wonder what sort of idiot idea it was even to start considering about building this car never the less actually spending the god damn money to build 3 cars that fail before they start :D hehe, I really don't want to sound rude and I guess we should say to Nissan it was a "nice try" but after two weeks of trying to get some sort of feeling in to this event I guess I can't really do nothing but laugh and wonder what the hell has been going trough those peoples mind coming up with FWD LMP :lol: :lol: and joking aside, if I really think that Nissan is the main sponsor of GT and they come up with this sort BS for Le Mans 24h race, can we really expect anything much from PD in the first place :ill: :lol:

Heheh, ok sorry for ranting, was overall really horrible GT academy for me and I don't think I did too well in any of the events, but it has sure been fun as usual for the sole reason this place exists :D so thankyou guys and best of luck for those who made it!! Congratulations :bowdown: :cheers: :bowdown:

And for those who didn't, it's time for summer now :cheers:

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
My limit 3m31s447

Well maybe next weekend I try again to overcome my limits

I did it! I broke my limits. Now: 3m30s600

As Kelvari said:
... The Academy isn't really about winning or losing; it's about pushing yourself to your limits, and finding how to break through them. You're not in the top rankings for your country? It's alright - neither am I. What I am doing, though, is doing the best that I can, pushing myself harder, and not giving up without a fight.

Man, the time you've done is just insane with a pad, and not especially on this round by the way.

I just done a 3.26.3, a bit out of nowhere since this was my 5th stint on this... thing :lol:
I won't go back for a last shot like the previous rounds :lol:

I'm not that insane, and when I see the french leaderboard... uh, where are they gone? :lol:
Dart. Did You use only ONE ID when You clock the Time of 3.26.3 ?
´Cause, i really want to Know (and try to calculate!) my real place in the french leaderboard... :crazy:

AHHHHHH!!!

Been running and recording for my GT Academy Youtube series. Been running 3:34s.

Just ran a new PB, a 3:32.4...just as my internet connection died and the rankings didn't update it.

BRB, just gonna stew for a bit...

I'll have one more go at it tonight in attempt to break my current PB - but, even if not, I'll be happy having reached my original goal time of 'under 3:30' with a 3:29.899. Good for top 10 in Canada (as of last night anyway) and top 1600ish in the world.

I haven't played the GT series since way back on PS1 (GT2?) because I ended up with an Xbox360 and got into the Forza series. I did put a solid rig together and used the terrible Microsoft Wireless wheel with intentions of a big "next-gen" upgrade someday, but I never took it very seriously.

After pricing things out, I made the decision to go with a used G27 (as modding it was very important to me) and join the PC master race someday. Until then, I knew I had an old PS3 laying around so I made a list and began putting the parts together. It took me a while to finally get it setup the way I wanted but, aside from the PC, it's finally complete and I love it!!

I didn't realize it at the time, but I ended up completing my rig and getting accustomed to it just in time for GT Academy 2015. I've been playing GT6 since February 2015 (almost exclusively offline career thus far) and it wasn't until I had the GT Academy Time Trials to really push myself that I started to see real improvement! Now I'm just plain hooked. Gold and top 50 in Canada (~3000 worldwide) in each of the first 3 rounds and, despite my initial opinions of the LMP car, an even better result in the 4th.

The round 4 car was a huge shock to the system 2 weeks ago, but I've since grown quite fond of it in a strange way. It's incredibly easy to get it wrong and blow the lap but it's very satisfying when you finally get it "right" (even if I'm 5+ seconds off the top fellas).

Either way, it's been very fun competing against you all. Even for living in a non-qualifying country, it was a great experience for me to learn from the quickest drivers while purely looking to better my own times. My next goal is 100% completion of the game (at 94% now) but then I'd love to explore more into the online side of things.

:gtpflag:

...so, after four hours and change last night, I'm knocking on the door of 3:34 (sitting at 3:35.083.)

Between the DS3 and my skill-set, I maaaybe have another half second that I can pick up on the track.
New time!

3:34:835

Good enough to be in the top thousand in my region, and top 10k internationally. Not too shabby for (what I think of as) an average skill-set.

If I could drive consistently, I found a few spots where (given my skill-set) I think I could still pick up another second or so, but since I have to leave for work shortly, I won't have the hours to sink in, trying to get that perfect lap.

And I still think that all you cats that are sub-30 seconds are an alien species. :P

Congrats to the folks who are advancing! :gtpflag:

Burning the midnight oil over here in oz. Down to a 25.5. But almost at my limit now based on track time for this combo. Still have at least 3 tenths to go for a clean lap, possibly 5 if I banzai the lap sufficiently. Probably safe with my current time (3 of the top 13 aren't eligible for nationals), but I want a top 5 regional placing, so i'll keep going til I finish a solid clean lap.

I have to say though. Wish I could adjust some settings on the car. It's so horribly inconsistent over the bumps due to the hard suspension. So you either get thrown into a cone at an apex, or thrown a foot or more off the apex. nG!

Anyway, special congrats go to the Japanese. Even my current 25.5 would currently only scrape me in 16th, and last qual place! (if I was in the Japanese field) :embarrassed: I'm just wondering now if Wolf can do a high 23 :)

Last edited:
That's better. Logged a 3:32.2 and this time my internet kindly didn't break down! So currently 368th or so in UK. Happy with that - my initial target was top 1000 in UK. Then top 500. Now top 250.

I find that seems to be working better. As soon as I watch the laps from the top guys, it's like information overload, and I immediately try and do everything differently to no avail.

Honestly I'm quiete happy that this last round is over tomorrow.

Really could not find any joy in driving this car. The strange style of driving needed for it is nothing for me and made no fun at all.

Hope next year they will not choose this one again ;)

Last year when I saw a GT3 for the last round, I tought they can't make things worse, they rekt me so hard this year :lol:
Don't underestimate them :nervous:

Dart. Did You use only ONE ID when You clock the Time of 3.26.3 ?
´Cause, i really want to Know (and try to calculate!) my real place in the french leaderboard... :crazy:

I have two other accounts (both under 3.28), one for trolling a friend and (a/an? my english... :confused:) another one like the others because: "sorry I haven't paid attention." :confused:
Every year we have a few people who make that in France (Tsunamy and Sskila last year), but this year it was a complete circus.
Sorry Mate :cheers:

Last edited:
Take this as a 'breather' moment...

Just hit a new PB of 3:31.0. Amazing, right?

Except the lap didn't count as it was invalidated for track limits on the exit of Indianapolis. When I swear blind that I didn't go any wider than normal - mainly because if I did, I'd end up in the gravel trap.

The track limit gods are seriously evil in this one...:mad:

Never mind, will keep plugging away. If I can do that once, I can do it again and prove it wasn't a fluke - a bit like my forgotten 3:32 earlier!

Well here we go.. A whole weekends practice (at Le Mans in a field) and one night of hot lapping left.. Entering the mad house

Have to say what a terrible car set up and track limits PD came up with for round 4, even though I achieved the highest position out of all the rounds, it was by far the least enjoyable. Drove this with racing softs on around Le Mans last night and it was excellent, could've been so much better

Maybe but seems like he is on max limit. Next 0.284 is really really hard. But i dont know maybe he can

He's into 3.24.188 now. With a really bad first corner to boot. And on his first lap that day (look at his odometer - it just shows 3km at the start). One last day, one final push!

As for me, I went and did the LeMans 24 Minutes last night with the car just for fun. Rained all the way through the race. When I went back to the GTA event it feels like the car has TONS of grip. Finally found a way to get through the first Ford chicane quickly and improved my PB by 0.2 secs even with a sloppy lap :D I'll give it one last push today before it closes. Good luck to everyone else making a push for the finals :cheers: 👍

I've found this round to be so frustrating.

Just couldn't get into a rhythm with the car and this, coupled with the fact that the track/car combo was so bumpy, I found that I probably did about 10/15 clean laps from hundreds of restarts.
Didn't have the motivation to attempt it at all in the last week and only had a final few attempts tonight to try and get a sub 3.30 lap.

This last rounds' been a total disappointment for me and an epic fail by PD and Nissan for providing us with such a damp-squib of a TT competition, when it could've have been so great.

IMO, besides the bumpiness and wheel shaking this has been the best GTA round in terms of closeness to reality. The use of an FWD car pretty much negates the unrealistic Ridge Racer drifting of all previous GTAs. You need to be precise and smooth with your braking, steering and throttle inputs. Just like in real life. Cone placement could be better though (heck in real life everyone cuts the last Ford chicane).

IMO, besides the bumpiness and wheel shaking this has been the best GTA round in terms of closeness to reality. The use of an FWD car pretty much negates the unrealistic Ridge Racer drifting of all previous GTAs. You need to be precise and smooth with your braking, steering and throttle inputs. Just like in real life. Cone placement could be better though (heck in real life everyone cuts the last Ford chicane).

Agreed on the cones/track limits. Some of it is so petty, like having track limits on the Mulsanne Straight? I thought Armco barriers served that purpose just fine?! SMH. :confused:

And the cones...I hate how they immediately DQ you. Like, can't they just invalidate the lap? I like getting a flow up and doing multiple laps, and constantly having to restart because I brushed a cone just cranks the frustration up even further. And the cones are placed so close to the apexes that you can't go near the apexes as aggressively as drivers do IRL. It would be fine if they were further back, or it was a blanket 'all four tires must not cross the white line' track limit rule. But this is just too aggressive...just kills any flow.

I'm done for this year's GT Academy. Gonna retire to bed, and by the time I awaken, it'll be all over. I shall keep my PB a secret for my final Youtube video in the series, but I'm happy with where I'm at, the gradual improvement, work on lap times, patience and racecraft. Good luck to all the big guns who are fighting it out to make it to Abu Dhabi - I salute you. For now, the top 250 in the UK is a place I'm happy with, and FAR better than I expected. :)

3:29:089 and I'm Romeo Dunn, got to be up for work in 5 hours. 102nd in the UK at the time of setting.

I fancy giving this a serious go next year. Question to those sub-27 secs - what's the best method to practice? Do you put in quite a few hours each week? Online or offline? I've only just got my National A licence so I recognise I've got a lot of offline to do already!

Best of luck to those pushing through the last few hours, and into race camp.

I fancy giving this a serious go next year. Question to those sub-27 secs - what's the best method to practice? Do you put in quite a few hours each week? Online or offline?

I did an hour per round for the first 3 rounds. Lazy effort (to be honest)... but oh well, other things in life :)

For this last round, I took it easy til a couple of days ago. Then I started cranking up the practice time. I probably only hit 10 hours track time about 2 days ago. But i've done about 18 hours since then, including about 14 hours since 24 hours ago :embarrassed:

I'm still awake now because I want to nail a damn clean lap... I've had a low 25 nailed about 4 times now over the last few hours practice. But it just hasn't worked out each time :/

7h to go... :D

I never thought I'd get close to running a low 3:25 but I managed it somehow. One hell of a combo that I'm not sure I'll miss. Hats off to all those who qualify this year and put in the time to have a quick lap, you earned it. Good luck in the closing hours!

Ohhh... that moment when you get in your real car to go up to the shops (after hotlapping for hours and hours), and it feels like you have no idea how to drive it... :D

But, trip home felt normal.. ish.. :P

I never thought I'd get close to running a low 3:25 but I managed it somehow. One hell of a combo that I'm not sure I'll miss.
Now that you say that, I want nothing more than to see you wheel around the GT-R LM at Le Mans next year. :sly:

Wow, this combo is quite different, its so easy to find time all over the place, but so hard to string the lap together.
Landed a 3:24.9 in the end, but combining my best sectors, I can do a theoretical best of 3:24.4, thats quite a difference! Still, I'm quite happy I managed to join the 24 club.

This pretty much sums up my feelings from this event:
psy.jpg

Back