2015 Round 4 - Circuit de la Sarthe 2013 - GT-R LM NISMO

• Thread starter numbnuts70
  • 729 comments
I never thought I'd get close to running a low 3:25 but I managed it somehow. One hell of a combo that I'm not sure I'll miss. Hats off to all those who qualify this year and put in the time to have a quick lap, you earned it. Good luck in the closing hours!
You kept me up late! lol Congrats on the win!

Well here it is. The last episode of this series. My first foray into GT Academy is over. And in spite of the gnashed teeth, many failed laps and destroyed cones, I had a whale of a time! :)

It was fascinating watching, reading and learning from everyone on here. It was like a slow process of osmosis, gradually absorbing tips and methods of going faster. Tidgney and Outlaw4rc's guides were fantastic, and really helped in this final round. Weirdly I loved the GTR-LM, maybe because I knew it's main traits and weaknesses and was fairly specific in that. And it was so heartening to be constantly plugging away, and see very gradual improvement. I was nowhere near the top end of town, but 239th in the UK is good enough for me in my first tilt at GT Academy. On average, I was about 6-8 seconds down on the top guys - can I make that up in time for next year? I'll have fun trying! :)

Good luck to all the finalists, and I look forward to seeing you tear up the real world tracks very soon. :cheers:

Cloudy sky... Guess there was no grip glitch then or if there was it had nothing to do with the sky great lap.
There was a grip glitch, but not the one that was present in previous rounds, this one was not visible, and you could not do anything about it. it was the servers that was causing it.

I wonder where we go from here in terms of car selection? Looking back the cars have progressively gotten faster and faster. The only problem is anything faster than an LMP1 is a Formula car (Jann's GP3??? Don't think it's powered by Nissan though). Otherwise it's gonna be NISMO GT-R LMP from now on, which won't make people too happy.

Also, if Kaz's words about GT7 arriving before 2017 is to be believed, then I think next year we'll see a GT7 demo masked as GT Academy 2016 on the PS4. NISMO LMP at Yas Marina with next gen graphics? :drool: I can't wait already.

I wonder where we go from here in terms of car selection? Looking back the cars have progressively gotten faster and faster. The only problem is anything faster than an LMP1 is a Formula car (Jann's GP3??? Don't think it's powered by Nissan though). Otherwise it's gonna be NISMO GT-R LMP from now on, which won't make people too happy.

Also, if Kaz's words about GT7 arriving before 2017 is to be believed, then I think next year we'll see a GT7 demo masked as GT Academy 2016 on the PS4. NISMO LMP at Yas Marina with next gen graphics? :drool: I can't wait already.

Yes please:drool: No more fail lmps

Incidentally, driving only this car for 2 weeks has broken my skills :lol: Now every other car feels understeery at high speeds and oversteery in low speed turns. Damn you PD!!!!! :banghead:

Back