2015 Round 4 - Circuit de la Sarthe 2013 - GT-R LM NISMO

• Thread starter numbnuts70
  • 729 comments
I've had enough.

After countless failed attempts at going fast, I've settled for a clean lap to get the car.

It's ridiculous to say, because if I ever won GT academy, id drive whatever they told me to, but I would be more than a little peeved at having to drive this.... Monstrosity.

The bizarre handling, coupled with the silly FFB, create an absolute pig of a car to try and drive smoothly.

Good luck everyone, I doubt even the car I won will ever be driven.

image.jpg

Just ran the quickest time for a Brit using no TC and a DS3 controller. :eek:

Where does that put me on the world ranking?

image.jpg

I can drive 55. :lol:

I got a 3:34.866 but my lap was quite messy and I reckon with some extreme luck and skill I could improve it down to 3:31 or 2. Although I don't really like this car!

Best time here in Aus was a 3:27 what a god, although he was using TCS!

I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am right now. It pains me to say this, but I'm done, not going to participate any longer. If people wanna continue saying this will separate the men from the boys, well that's fine, I'll be a boy but al least I'll still have a working wheel. Good luck everyone, hope you all reach your dreams.....and have working wheels at the end of this. I'm done.

I'm with you on this one. I do not have a wheel so cannot comment on that, so to paraphrase you I'll be a girl and have a working controller :), but the controller together with the camera shake is really bad, I never get motion sickness but for people who do they may suffer with this one, it's horrible.
Did a lap and that's it, the first academy event I will not get Gold, so disappointed.
Good luck to those who stick with it.

I had a brief go before work this morning. I found the car to be very quick in a straight line but under-steer and the gearbox is awful, especially at the Ford Chicane or the Esses.

Realised after running a few red laps just to get the car that I had the TCS on so hopefully a bit of time to be found without that.

As far as the real car is concerned I was at Le Mans on Sunday for the test and the car has got potential. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a hare-and-tortoise car. Not quick but can go much further between stops... We will see next weekend.

Regarding the FFB, I'm pretty sure it's the track, not the car. I've driven lots of LMP1 here as I'm sure lots of people did, and the FFB is always ridiculous like this. Maybe the GT-R gives more FFB due to the FF layout, but it's totally the track. For reference I'm using 10 in both FFBs and I managed to do a 40 minute stint without issues. Though, of course my hands hurt a little from all the FFB but that's the same when I drove the other LMP1s here. Also the wheel I use is a G27.

Anyway, I actually quite like this combo. Seriously. The only issue for me is the track limits. It's so damn ridiculous. You get a red lap for just about everything. I wish PD would ease on the track limits, because that's what ruins this round for me. Other than that, I really like it.

Anyway, due to the ridiculous track limits I managed a clean lap after like 40 minutes. I got a 3:34.2, which I'm satisfied with for a first CLEAN lap. I'll give it another try some other time, though I'm not sure if I'll try that hard since my country isn't included anyway. I'll just do it for fun since I really enjoy this combo.

Also not sure if this is faster, but I have an advice to make it easier. Through corners always stick to the higher gear because it will help a lot with the wheelspin and you have the hybrid system to give you the torque and power at the lower revs, so it shouldn't slow you down.

I actually really really like this car. I really do! It's incredibly fast and doesn't suffer any understeer on most corners (just the silly slow ones) and of course it is an absolute monster in a straight line! :cheers:

It was obvious the whole concept of the new NISMO was to make a car that was easy to drive fast at 8/10ths to put in consistent laps over 24hours. That's how you have to drive this round, consistently lapping, again and again, time after time, inching up on the leaderboard. Try to spin the car. You have to be insane - or yank the handbrake.

After twenty laps of pushing it, thus playing random cone punting and then skipping through annoying track limits (which I see have been mentioned) I put in a bronze banker, did a 3m36 next lap for gold and gave up. (On a DS3 today.)

Trying to sprint an endurance car like this isn't much fun for us nutters who like to throw a car on the balance of the grip point. The car just understeers (as it's fairly obvious it would, just by looking at the tyres.) This round is all about the smooth and having the precision to brake at just the right point and stay on just the right line to haul the car into the low speed corners without incident. With my driving style, I've never come across a car that really doesn't do what I want it to as this. Perhaps the fully tuned Taunus SHO... I wound myself off to 8/10ths, braked early, used a higher gear in one or two places, and bang, a gold time.

I took my prize NISMO to Apricot Hill after to see if I could dial in a tune for it, and went from a 1m12 stock to 1m09 with a tad more brakes, bit of rear bias, more damping, 0/0/0/0 camber/toe, a stiffer rear antirollbar and 20ish/30ish/5 on the LSD. The car is all about downforce and front grip, you just have to know your target corner speed - there isn't much scope for adjusting it on the fly.

Basically, I think this car is a 600hp Leaf-R on drag slicks. If Mazda were to enter a car for Le Mans tomorrow, it would be the absolute antithesis of this car - superlight, perfectly balanced, almost telepathically connected steering, totally linear power delivery at screaming high revs, no turbochargers, and... well, pretty. And also pretty easy to spin when you mess up.

Good luck, Academy challengers!

Yea, this is not going to be good. This damn car shakes my wheel :banghead: worse than the RB cars, even after turning it down to 5. Really not liking the car too well right now.
I have the same problem :/
It's so bad that I can't even feel the grip. I just fell the bumps. Instead of fighting for fast lap times
I struggle with the shaky wheel:/ it's not
Fun. I hate it.... What wheel setup
Do you have ?

What about the live events? I can't find any info on them, what they are and how to enter. Is that just what they're calling their conventions where you can go along and set a time on their sims?
4 on live events too, I believe. I have absolutely no idea where they're being setup though. The only place I know is Le Mans. :lol:

Yeah just read through that mate, well with @TRL_VIPER and @xChris93_ running we may as well not bother :P

What about the live events? I can't find any info on them, what they are and how to enter. Is that just what they're calling their conventions where you can go along and set a time on their sims?

Never give up-never surrender!! :mad::mad:

Goodwood Festival of Speed (FOS) and CPoP

Been meaning to ask this myself but if someone went to Goodwood, to have a go, would they end up having to queue up all day for a couple of goes, even on a Thursday?(Goodwood) or is it ticket allocated or what?

Would love to hear from someone who went and had a go.

Last edited:
ok, gonna say what this challenge is in one word. Actually, one letter. And that letter is:
α
If that doesn't render on your laptop, it is the letter alpha. Because that is what this is. There are cones that are in the direct path of the racing line that PD decided to render there. You can easily have all four wheels on the track and will hit cones. The KERS lasts about three seconds (literally) and the track is so bumpy it looks like you pimped your GTR LM with that suspension that pimpers use to make your car bounce. You can get invalidated with two wheels on the track. Rant ends.

Latest Posts

Back