2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
  • 190,889 views
#44 GTD Porsche, heavy smoking on the front straigh, getting lighter as lap continues.
 
Looks like it might be dragging something. Smoke changes sides every time the car turns.
 
At least it's not leaking oil, otherwise we'd have another hour of safety car period. :P
 
#64 Ferrari seems to be done as well.

Edit: Yep, the rear is ruined.
 
The #64 Ferrari looks absolutely knackered...gonna have a hard time getting that back in.

I don't think FOX planned the category colors right. P and GTLM look to be the same color. Makes it a bit difficult to differentiate the two classes in the overall.
Should have kept the old ALMS color coding.
 
I don't think FOX planned the category colors right. P and GTLM look to be the same color. Makes it a bit difficult to differentiate the two classes in the overall.

Its not Fox but IMSA. And I agree, they could use other colors, like in the WEC: Red for the DP an P2 protos, Blue for the PC, Green for GTLM and orange for GTD.
 
There was an ambulance driving away from the #64. I hope the driver's okay, because they haven't shown the incident so far.
 
How come they didn't do it in the first place? Makes absolutely zero sense. Especially when P and GTLM are the only classes at Longbeach.
 
There was an ambulance driving away from the #64. I hope the driver's okay, because they haven't shown the incident so far.
Ambulance is standard procedure in the US when a car can't make it back to the pits after crashing.
 
I don't think FOX planned the category colors right. P and GTLM look to be the same color. Makes it a bit difficult to differentiate the two classes in the overall.

Pro classes are red, pro-am classes are blue. I'm not a fan either.
 
Ambulance is standard procedure in the US when a car can't make it back to the pits after crashing.
There wasn't one in other crashes though. I know it's standard, but that was the first time you could see one in this race and the first accident without a replay.

EDIT:
e54j0qa5and3rl4rw4wu.jpg

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/this-is-how-the-8-starworks-cars-engine-sploded-at-day-1681646630/ matthardigree?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_twitter&utm_source=jalopnik_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
Starworks' #8 engine.
 
There wasn't one in other crashes though. I know it's standard, but that was the first time you could see one in this race and the first accident without a replay.
There was one for the Factory 911s when they crashed and the one couldn't make it back to the pits.
 
Well the impact was such that they also probably just wanted to be 100% sure he is okay.
 
Magnus Racing is out. Can't post what they Andy Lally posted on twitter though.
 
Magnus Racing is out. Can't post what they Andy Lally posted on twitter though.

He says he didn't know what he hit on the banking... how could he not have seen that?
 
Just woke up. I'm watching from the beginning of the recording. Did I miss anything great or should I jump to live footage?
 
#3 is in he lead in GTLM and are pretty much guarenteed to win I guess. Not complaining but would have liked BMW or Aston to have won. But 4 hours are left so anything can happen I suppose.
 
Back