2015 United Kingdom General Discussion

• Thread starter Growling
  • 371 comments
I was checking out the Wing as a venue to hire.
It's huge. And empty. Was expecting some sort of displays of British motor racing memorabilia there, but apart from a few photos on the staircase, and some portraits at the distant end of the upper hall, just expanses of white and grey. I guess the norm is that you bring your own 'things' to kit the place out with!
IMGP7595.jpg IMGP7630.jpg

WOOOOOOAAHHHH LOOK AT @Ben Bishop in your shiny race suit!!!! :yuck:

And huge commiserations to @gazzawright I know how much you wanted it after sleeping in your car. Was really disappointed to see you'd missed out. Do it next year bro

mate im a suppose to be on holiday right now with girlfriend and family but didn't go as the dates clashed. now ive lost im in real trouble when i get there. haha.

mate im a suppose to be on holiday right now with girlfriend and family but didn't go as the dates clashed. now ive lost im in real trouble when i get there. haha.

Oh man that sucks! :guilty: Still, you've got a lot of experience for next year, you should be first on the live events list 👍

Haha wow look at that geek shot!

@gazzawright, unlucky mate, it was good battling with you and I'm glad it was me and you in the shootout. I know how you're feeling right now, don't ever give up!! Next year is your turn. Thank you for pushing me to the end!

Congrats to all, keep working everyday guys till you get there and you make that chance count.

It will be a hell of a week ;)

Hi guys I received an email today from Glen Gibson at HPS Jardine saying that due to a competitor pulling out at the last minute I've been selected as a reserve to attend race camp. Is this legit? :lol:

Hi guys I received an email today from Glen Gibson at HPS Jardine saying that due to a competitor pulling out at the last minute I've been selected as a reserve to attend race camp. Is this legit? :lol:

HPS Jardine were the promoters who contacted us last year.

Good Job bud! :gtpflag:

Yes.

Ok so I was on a flight to Abu Dhabi tonight but someone who was higher on the leaderboard just bet me to it with half an hour left to go on the 4pm deadline. Congrats to whoever that was, definitely an exciting morning :lol:

It's motivated me to work even harder next year though, I was able to stay in 1st UK overall for the first week before I went on holiday for the 2nd. Good luck to the guys going, honestly thought I was going to be there today lol... kinda gutting :/

Ok so I was on a flight to Abu Dhabi tonight but someone who was higher on the leaderboard just bet me to it with half an hour left to go on the 4pm deadline. Congrats to whoever that was, definitely an exciting morning :lol:

It's motivated me to work even harder next year though, I was able to stay in 1st UK overall for the first week before I went on holiday for the 2nd. Good luck to the guys going, honestly thought I was going to be there today lol... kinda gutting :/

Oh man that's harsh, maybe it's for the best that you'll go next year ;)

Beats the cold and the rain, god the weather in England is appaling.
I quite like the weather in England, not much need for air conditioning. Anyway if race camp is at Abu Dhabi for next few years, then I best get training as I wouldn't want to be put through my paces in such temperatures being out of shape if I make it that far. Seems date they hold the F1 race there is a good time to visit.

I quite like the weather in England, not much need for air conditioning. Anyway if race camp is at Abu Dhabi for next few years, then I best get training as I wouldn't want to be put through my paces in such temperatures being out of shape if I make it that far. Seems date they hold the F1 race there is a good time to visit.

Oh yeah you need to train to overcome the heat, the wird thing about them selecting Dubai is that atleast in England we went to several locations like Bedford and the stock car track where I doubt there will be many diverse racing locations in Dubai.

Back