2015 United Kingdom General Discussion

• Thread starter Growling
  • 371 comments
Oh yeah you need to train to overcome the heat, the wird thing about them selecting Dubai is that atleast in England we went to several locations like Bedford and the stock car track where I doubt there will be many diverse racing locations in Dubai.
There appears to be 3 places in UAE for motor racing, should be enough.

Can make use of other things such as the Ferrari World Formula Rossa roller coaster:

Will be interesting to see how race camp is this year in Abu Dhabi compared to Silverstone years.

@xChris93_ You should have been on that flight... The guy who joined us was Portuguese. He's just studying in the uk.. He literally doesn't shut up about Portugal and team Iberia..

Worse still, he knocked me out :banghead:

Ok so I was on a flight to Abu Dhabi tonight but someone who was higher on the leaderboard just bet me to it with half an hour left to go on the 4pm deadline. Congrats to whoever that was, definitely an exciting morning :lol:

It's motivated me to work even harder next year though, I was able to stay in 1st UK overall for the first week before I went on holiday for the 2nd. Good luck to the guys going, honestly thought I was going to be there today lol... kinda gutting :/
What happened here Chris regarding a 4pm deadline? Did you have to put in another lap or? Where did you finish online?

@xChris93_ You should have been on that flight... The guy who joined us was Portuguese. He's just studying in the uk.. He literally doesn't shut up about Portugal and team Iberia..

How was it growling? Was it What you expected it to be? How easily can it all be ended over there?

Hmmm that's pretty annoying, I thought it had to be a UK national with a british passport? But tbh I'm not too surprised that he wasn't checked out properly... it was so last minute on Saturday :lol: Congrats on making it though mate, I've been watching out all week; looked like an amazing experience :cheers:

What happened here Chris regarding a 4pm deadline? Did you have to put in another lap or? Where did you finish online?

I received an email on Saturday asking if I could step in as a reserve to fly out on the Sunday, but a few other reserves were also contacted and we had to confirm that we could go by 4pm. I was the highest ranked reserve to accept the place until like 15 mins to go when the other guy accepted so I missed out this year :/ It was completely unexpected though :lol:

Hmmm that's pretty annoying, I thought it had to be a UK national with a british passport? But tbh I'm not too surprised that he wasn't checked out properly... it was so last minute on Saturday :lol: Congrats on making it though mate, I've been watching out all week; looked like an amazing experience :cheers:

I received an email on Saturday asking if I could step in as a reserve to fly out on the Sunday, but a few other reserves were also contacted and we had to confirm that we could go by 4pm. I was the highest ranked reserve to accept the place until like 15 mins to go when the other guy accepted so I missed out this year :/ It was completely unexpected though :lol:

That's interesting you finished 12th and I was 14th I never received an email. Maybe I just missed out on that.

That's interesting you finished 12th and I was 14th I never received an email. Maybe I just missed out on that.

Yeah probably, I imagine I'd have been at the upper end of the reserve list... I had no free time during the second week to improve enough :'(

How was it growling? Was it What you expected it to be? How easily can it all be ended over there?

Unfortunately mate, it wasn't good. Half of the competitors never made it near the track. 2 went after doing 2 30 second runs in a juke with plastic rear wheels, and the other 2 went after one drag race.

The rest of us were lucky enough to have 2 4 lap sessions in the race cars, and one session in an ards instructors clio.

90% of gt academy is the tv show. And up until this point, no elimination has been discussed and deliberated by the judges, they're just straight knock outs.

At this point, all of the drivers that did the top times in the race cars are out unfortunately.

But hey, one guy will win, and that is epic. It's a big opportunity for one guy if he's lucky enough to make it through the gimmicks.

Actually, I need to talk to you about my knee... :D
Unfortunately mate, it wasn't good. Half of the competitors never made it near the track. 2 went after doing 2 30 second runs in a juke with plastic rear wheels, and the other 2 went after one drag race.

The rest of us were lucky enough to have 2 4 lap sessions in the race cars, and one session in an ards instructors clio.

90% of gt academy is the tv show. And up until this point, no elimination has been discussed and deliberated by the judges, they're just straight knock outs.

At this point, all of the drivers that did the top times in the race cars are out unfortunately.

But hey, one guy will win, and that is epic. It's a big opportunity for one guy if he's lucky enough to make it through the gimmicks.

Sounds a bit poo mate. Was not expecting you to be out at this stage.

Yeah was very poo 👎 Had it gone on judge deliberation of how everyone was performing etc, I wouldn't have!

:banghead:
Yeah was very poo 👎 Had it gone on judge deliberation of how everyone was performing etc, I wouldn't have!
Too right mate! He should of gone out at the drag race! I had a better drag time than him, best him in the fitness and pretty sure i was quicker than him in the duke! Hes deffo got 9 lives!

Back