2016 Audi R8

• Thread starter GTboyz
  • 272 comments
Mmm, still not a beautiful car. I can't help it but I don't like the profile of the R8 and the TT models.

Looks all right to me. Nice to see that they've resisted the urge to give it the massive silver grill surrounds that plague all the other new/facelifted Audis of the last couple of years.

Facelift finally revealed

2019-audi-r8.jpg

2019-audi-r8.jpg

2019-audi-r8.jpg

2019-audi-r8.jpg
tenor.gif

I'd rather have it with black wheels (or an entirely different design) but other than that, looks great! 👍

Wow. They Camaro'd it.

:lol:

Maybe, if they felt they needed to get this out within two years, VW will get the hint to stop making cars that look like copies of ones they designed15 years ago with a steady eye trained on removing as much of the character in the process.

Wow. They Camaro'd it.

:lol:

Maybe, if they felt they needed to get this out within two years, VW will get the hint to stop making cars that look like copies of ones they designed15 years ago with a steady eye trained on removing as much of the character in the process.
actually, if anything, GM copied Audi.. The carp mouth has been with them for eons..

Still my favorite model though, sans the front plate holder:

It doesn't have the lithe curvature of the first R8, and the split side blade is nowhere near as appealing as the single piece original.

There's something very uneasy looking about this second generation model, but the nose is better on the face-lift.

The spider version looks a bit like a Lamborghini gallardo.

Also by making it look more aggressive, it’s looks less like an R8. Should just call it an R10 or some other number. But hey I’ll just pretend it was an aftermarket bodykit by some customs shop. It does look okay though just not as good as the R8’s before it IMHO, the front end is the most different, the rest still seems very R8 like.

Mmm, still not a beautiful car. I can't help it but I don't like the profile of the R8 and the TT models.

My problem is just that it’s STILL the same overall body shape as the original R8, which debuted nearly 10 years ago (if not even later!). It’s time to replace it.

My problem is just that it’s STILL the same overall body shape as the original R8, which debuted nearly 10 years ago (if not even later!). It’s time to replace it.

The R8 first came out as a 2006 model year. But the design actually goes back to the Le Mans Quattro concept from 2003.

I actually love the body style of the R8. It's not a teeny tiny wedge shape or filled with excessive lines.

Just a pretty simple bubble design.

Prefer it to the original 2nd-gen R8, but then I’ve never found that car attractive. Really digging the wheels as well, unlike some other supercars they look more complex (and in a good way), but not overly so. They really suit the overall look of the car. 👍

But somehow the car looks rather wide to me. Wider than the outgoing R8, even if it only appears so.

Also seeing a bit of Zenvo ST1 at the front.

From the front it is starting to morph into a Lamborghini imho. It's distinctiveness is starting to get watered down too.

My initial thought was that it looks more Lamborghini-ish, particularly with that front bumper. In some ways it looks like an inverted version of the one on the Aventador S with those vertical strakes.

Aventador_S_010.jpg

01_15.jpg

The back of the facelift R8 is bad, i don't like it at all. They messed up the exhaust pipes area. The previous version was much nicer and coherent looking. This here? Nah. If it was not for this area, i actually like the facelift overall.

My initial thought was that it looks more Lamborghini-ish, particularly with that front bumper. In some ways it looks like an inverted version of the one on the Aventador S with those vertical strakes.

Aventador_S_010.jpg

01_15.jpg
Good catch. I was just thinking the 3 front slats in the nose reminded me of the Jota's.
3c100b94c975d2c0fcf80aa5703e8eef

The vertical stakes you mentioned also look directly from the SVJ's side strakes as well. Probably wouldn't be surprising if the 2 share these kind of designs for better aero.

Thats nice and all but the same system from the RS5 which has a center screen. I guess they have to cut a few features to keep the price lower.
More likely to let you see out of the car. Any kind of screen on top of the dash in an R8 blocks out a huge chunk of windscreen.

Back